CALL FOR ACTION!!
I think it is imperative that every MyADSL member gets behind a vociferous and unambiguous and extremely forceful complaint to ICASA ahead of this Telkom price adjustment and restructuring taking effect.
What I propose is this:
1. We write a formal complaint to ICASA on behalf of all forum members.
2. Each and every forum member downloads a statement off this forum, fills it in and faxes it to ICASA, the statement is a formal rejection of Telkom's proposed pricing and service model.
3. We call for a public hearing
4. We call for ICASA to reject the application for the pricing model
5. We do this now!!!!! Before the SNO becomes operational - once the SNO becomes operational, Telkom will say they arent manipulating their monopoly
6. Each and every forum member downloads a second form from this site fills it in and faxes it to The President rejecting out of hand the proposed pricing structure and the restrictions placed on the telecomms industry by Telkom. We make our call for action heard at the highest level of government
7. Every forum member downloads a third form from this site, fills it in and faxes it to the President calling for the immediate removal of Minister Cassaburi from office
8. Every forum member downloads a fourth form from this site and fills it in and faxes it to the Freedom of Expression Institute FXI giving our support to their efforts and calling for nationwide action.
9. Every forum member recruits at least 10 new forum members each immediately from Small and medium business, Financial Control Officers of large corporates, CEO's, Executive Officers, man in the street whatever. We up the ante and grow our forum by 10x overnight.
10. We prepare a press release and releas it to the countries media - we use an agency to do this for us if necesary. We use our war chest to finance it if we have to. We HAVE TO STAND UP AND BE HEARD.
THE MANIPULATION OF THE PUBLIC IS NEVER GOING TO END UNTIL WE STAND UP AND MAKE OUR VOICES BE HEARD!!!