Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enroll on two UNISA qualifications at the same time

Default Enroll on two UNISA qualifications at the same time

I am currently busy with my BComm Informatics with UNISA, i would like to enroll on the PPM with UNISA SBL. I would like to know if are students allowed to be registered on two UNISA qualifications at the same time?

I didn't get a chance to give them a call, was just wondering if anyone on here knows.

I'm registered for two atm
    I have a BAccSc, which is in 2nd year and BSc Physics with Computer Science 1st year which I'm doing now. They haven't said anything yet so I guess if you just keep passing they won't question you

Errr, just by the way - the whole "they haven't asked yet" thing doesn't always work out with varsities. They expect you to know the rules, and you'll be the one who bears the brunt/cost/burden/k@kness if, when they do check before graduation, there are irregularities.

I'm not saying that there's a problem with what you're doing - but it's definitely something you should investigate through the official UNISA channels.

UNISA does have rules about concurrent registrations. I think you may only register for one degree at a time and at one university at a time. I think it would be wise to ensure that you are not in violation of any of the regulations and obtain any approval necessary as it could mean you lose out on a lot of hard work unnecessarily. Dean is right in that they expect you, as a responsible adult learner, to abide by the rules and regulations, and this may come out only when they audit you for the degree being issued, at which point you have a LOT to lose in terms of time, effort and money.

Ok here it is:

https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal/tool/f...=unisa/lms.xsl

So I guess you can't register for two qualifications at the same time...better sort that out today.

"May I register for two or more formal programmes at Unisa simultaneously?

Students may not register for two formal qualifications at Unisa concurrently."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrowEW View Post
    Ok here it is:

https://my.unisa.ac.za/portal/tool/f...=unisa/lms.xsl

So I guess you can't register for two qualifications at the same time...better sort that out today.
    Correct and BTW, its South African Law that prevents you. Now don't go blaming our ANC masters on this you all hear me, this is a legacy law.

But, and bigger than jou ma's se butt, you are allowed to do NDP modules (Non-Degree Purposes) and you can use these credits towards another qualification within 10 yrs of getting them with the only limitation being that you can apply for 50% of your modules (ie a BSc is 30 modules so you may only apply for 15 modules to be exempted / credited).
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    I have a BAccSc, which is in 2nd year and BSc Physics with Computer Science 1st year which I'm doing now. They haven't said anything yet so I guess if you just keep passing they won't question you
    Check your MyUnisa portal that your "BSc Physics with CS" has not been flagged as NDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gushesh View Post
    I am currently busy with my BComm Informatics with UNISA, i would like to enroll on the PPM with UNISA SBL. I would like to know if are students allowed to be registered on two UNISA qualifications at the same time?

I didn't get a chance to give them a call, was just wondering if anyone on here knows.
    Is this "Practical Project Management"?

Confirm first with UNISA but I do suspect you can do this even though its an NQF5 course but its not a degree (I know the law says you may not be doing two simultaneous degrees and you may not be registered at two educational institutions).

anyone know if what i'm doing is allowed..
    I'm 2nd year bcom informatics and have to complete 10 modules this year. 5 optional modules and 5 compulsory modules. Now i've chosen my 5 optional modules as the 5 compulsory modules for a bcom management. i plan on doing the same for 3rd year..
    I'm hoping that once i've completed my bcom informatics i can then begin a bcom management and transfer the credits for all the modules i've already completed (this way the 5 compulsory subjects i did for informatics become my 5 optional modules and the optional modules i did for informatics are my compulsory ones).. This way i will be 2 modules short of finishing my bcom management.

Anyone know if this is allowed?

Kayoss, there is a limit to the number of modules you can count towards a second degree. I think the limit is 50% of the overall requirement.
    Boycotting Telkom... since 2003

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pumpkin_King View Post
    You might also wanna check if the two qualifications that your registered for are marked NDP on my.unisa.ac.za under the academic record tab. If yes it means that the qualification is for non-degree purposes (so according to the uni's records your just doing the degree for your own reasons and not to actually graduate at some later point) You could get them to change that but once they see that your registered for two, they will prob put one of the degree's on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofire View Post
    Kayoss, there is a limit to the number of modules you can count towards a second degree. I think the limit is 50% of the overall requirement.
    Yes, thats correct.

And the process is dead easy. You fill in the form DSAR-04, scan it and then email it to student affairs using your official mylife email. This takes up to 8 weeks.

You might as well register for your proposed degree and do the modules you are not applying for exemption even if there co/pre-reqs are from your pool of previous modules.

MyUnisa only checks your modules against all those credited towards you and not only those on your current qualification. You will also find that you cannot re-do old modules that you already have passed.

I found this out when trying to register for FAC105 and it would not process it as it claimed I already did it. I checked all my credits and see that my ACN101 from 2003 had been changed to FAC105.

Went ahead and then registered for FAC106 for which FAC105 is a pre-req.

Quote Originally Posted by LollyGP View Post
    You might also wanna check if the two qualifications that your registered for are marked NDP on my.unisa.ac.za under the academic record tab. If yes it means that the qualification is for non-degree purposes (so according to the uni's records your just doing the degree for your own reasons and not to actually graduate at some later point) You could get them to change that but once they see that your registered for two, they will prob put one of the degree's on hold.
    neither are marked NDP....probably just put the BAccSc on hold then
    A Jedi shall not know anger, nor hatred, nor love

Thanks for the info.
    I called UNISA and they say it's ok to study both the BComm Informatics and the Practical Project Management qualification at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast