Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Recommend a good dietician in Centurion

  1. #1

    Default Recommend a good dietician in Centurion

    As per above, i found the following, as they seem to be Discovery vitality approved:

    ELMARIE PRETORIUS

    MICHELE MINKNER

    IDONETTE VAN ZYL

    MARISA KRIEK

    MONIQUE BAILEY

    TERINA GELDENHUYS
    But i wouldn't know the difference just by names, is there anyone on here that has been to one of them before, and can recommend a good one

  2. #2

    Default

    I went to terina geldenhuys. She is situated at the southdowns mall. The program she worked out for me was quite good. I haven't been to anyone else, so I can't compare.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Willow Glen, Pretoria
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    My gf's a dietician...

    (but as I understand, it depends what you want the dietician for, as different ones specialise in different areas)
    Last edited by sn3rd; 17-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    I went to terina geldenhuys. She is situated at the southdowns mall. The program she worked out for me was quite good. I haven't been to anyone else, so I can't compare.
    did she just give you a generic one, or was a plan worked out with things that you like/don't like etc...

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My own Planet
    Posts
    42,251
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit87 View Post
    did she just give you a generic one, or was a plan worked out with things that you like/don't like etc...
    Why you need? THe fruit and veg doctor was a total waste of time ( for me) Weighless thought me more.
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Why you need? THe fruit and veg doctor was a total waste of time ( for me) Weighless thought me more.
    well, i want to start eating a lot more healthier that i do, and i'm about to start quite a hectic fitness program (cricket specific)

    so i would like to get and eating plan that would factor in my training, but also help me to just generally eat more healthy.

  7. #7

    Default

    I first did the the vitality one, which is basically generic to a degree. I then did the full eating plan for an additional R250 and we went through my whole scedule and eating habits, which some of the stuff overlaps with the vitality. She then emailed me a detailed eating plan about a day or two later, giving me different things to eat at different times. Like different breakfast options, that I can mix and match.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoneJunky View Post
    I first did the the vitality one, which is basically generic to a degree. I then did the full eating plan for an additional R250 and we went through my whole scedule and eating habits, which some of the stuff overlaps with the vitality. She then emailed me a detailed eating plan about a day or two later, giving me different things to eat at different times. Like different breakfast options, that I can mix and match.
    ok thanks, i kinda need one to fit my schedule, and there are some things that i refuse to eat, so i want a plan that factors that in.

  9. #9

    Default

    She does factor in stuff like that. I think probably all of them will

  10. #10

    Default

    Hmmm, stay away from Sarita Banitz (http://www.saritabanitz.co.za). She spends most of the time talking about non-related issues or herself. You will be used as a guinea pig for various diets. Finally you will struggle for months to obtain an invoice. Which is a problem if you want to claim from your Medical Aid. By the time you've listened to all the excuses why one cannot be produced, you may have lost some weight.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Hmmm, stay away from Sarita Banitz (http://www.saritabanitz.co.za). She spends most of the time talking about non-related issues or herself. You will be used as a guinea pig for various diets. Finally you will struggle for months to obtain an invoice. Which is a problem if you want to claim from your Medical Aid. By the time you've listened to all the excuses why one cannot be produced, you may have lost some weight.
    haha, ok, thanks i guess

  12. #12

    Default

    You don't need a dietician to fix your diet. If your reasonableness clever and have some self-discipline then you can set up a decent diet. (Eat less cr@p, eat more fresh stuff, cut down on anything processed & avoid sugar/fat). A dietician will of course do better, but the difference between the two is not worth it imo.

    Last time I walked out of a dietician's office I had a 2k bill in my hand....and it did not fix the problem. Got a bunch of articles about the evils of sugar & MSG though...

  13. #13
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    KZN Dolphin Coast
    Posts
    45,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    You don't need a dietician to fix your diet. If your reasonableness clever and have some self-discipline then you can set up a decent diet. (Eat less cr@p, eat more fresh stuff, cut down on anything processed & avoid sugar/fat). A dietician will of course do better, but the difference between the two is not worth it imo.

    Last time I walked out of a dietician's office I had a 2k bill in my hand....and it did not fix the problem. Got a bunch of articles about the evils of sugar & MSG though...
    +1 Some sensible advice. Apply some logic and common sense and you will be fine, no need for a dietician. Why is it that people want the thinking done for them. My one friend lost about 50kg just from exercising & eating more sensibly, the change is really astounding.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

  14. #14
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    My own Planet
    Posts
    42,251
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit87 View Post
    well, i want to start eating a lot more healthier that i do, and i'm about to start quite a hectic fitness program (cricket specific)

    so i would like to get and eating plan that would factor in my training, but also help me to just generally eat more healthy.
    Weighless helped me with that, the fruit and veg doctor charged me a arm and a leg an gave me a coppied piece of paper with menu's on that did not include the portion sizes or anything.

    I did weighless for 6 months and received all the tools I needed about portion sizes and a healthy lifestyle.
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

  15. #15
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    I went to the dietician in Unitas Lifestyle a few years back ...must say she did help point me in the right direction ... I lost 15kg's over 6 months by following a low GI lifestyle.
    Cannot recall her name ... perhaps call Unitas Lifestle Health Centre.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •