Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Factory Reset HD PVR 2P or network settings, please help

Default Factory Reset HD PVR 2P or network settings, please help

Hi bought this today and trying to set it up. I must have changed some network settings on nertwork 1 (default factory settings) and i don't get any signals. How do i factory reset it? I press the Reset All red button but nothing was reset .. Oh, i see there's no PAS 7 rather IS7 not sure the difference. If you have LNB mode settings for this network please assist

Thansk

Grandmaster

Menu > 1 > 1 > info > 7
    If you have a twin LNB setup then use
    Network: Other
    LNB Mode: Univ

IS7=PAS7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonxEr77 View Post
    Hi bought this today and trying to set it up. I must have changed some network settings on nertwork 1 (default factory settings) and i don't get any signals. How do i factory reset it? I press the Reset All red button but nothing was reset .. Oh, i see there's no PAS 7 rather IS7 not sure the difference. If you have LNB mode settings for this network please assist

Thansk
    Mine uses IS-7 Network

and reset just means it restarts the decoder

for factory defaults go menu > advance > dish installation (password 9949) > reset to factory defaults (if its same as my decoder)
    Last edited by ichigo; 23-08-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merenwenrago View Post
    Mine uses IS-7 Network

and reset just means it restarts the decoder

for factory defaults go menu > advance > dish installation (password 9949) > reset to factory defaults (if its same as my decoder)
    Hi Merenwenrago, if say i change the original or disable Network 1 settings then reset, shouldn't this reload the original ones? In my case nothing is really reset even after a 30second restart. I though am also experiencing a signal problem. When i scan all channels, it goes up to 10% (Number of bouquets, public operators, TV services, radio serves they all 0's and says could not establish connection on 10% of scan. My first installation did work i must have changed something. Or did the decoder just give up and got faulty ...

What is your installation? Dual LNB or or SatCR?

Quote Originally Posted by arf9999 View Post
    What is your installation? Dual LNB or or SatCR?
    Its SatCR .. i'm taking the DSTV back to Makro, it refuses to get any signal now. I inserted back my old decoder and it works on the same cable/connection

If it's SatCR, I think you should connect the input to LNB2 (not LNB1). That may be the reason that you're getting no signal. http://care.dstv.com/main.aspx?ID=1962

If that is the issue, you'll need to set up the network. The default setup is for dual LNB, so if you've done a factory reset, you'll need to set it up for Sat-CR.

Go to "Advanced Options" <Pin = 9949>
    >Network setup
    >Change Satellite setting to "Other" (default is "IS7")
    >Change LNB Mode to "SatCR"

confirm and re-scan network.

I hope that works for you... if not, feel free to rtfm http://care.dstv.com/resourceLib/use...wers_Guide.pdf
    Last edited by arf9999; 24-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Grandmaster

If it's SatCR, I think you should connect the input to LNB2 (not LNB1). That may be the reason that you're getting no signal. http://care.dstv.com/main.aspx?ID=1962

If that is the issue, you'll need to set up the network. The default setup is for dual LNB, so if you've done a factory reset, you'll need to set it up for Sat-CR.

Go to "Advanced Options" <Pin = 9949>
    >Network setup
    >Change Satellite setting to "Other" (default is "IS7")
    >Change LNB Mode to "SatCR"

confirm and re-scan network.

I hope that works for you... if not, feel free to rtfm http://care.dstv.com/resourceLib/use...wers_Guide.pdf
    Agree, do as arf says....
    If you had mentioned you had a SatCR you would be up & running by now. Hence my questioning if you had a twin LNB in the 1st reply

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfatefrog View Post
    Agree, do as arf says....
    If you had mentioned you had a SatCR you would be up & running by now. Hence my questioning if you had a twin LNB in the 1st reply
    When i boot the decoder i starts up straight to a message SIGNAL NO FOUND. Surely this has to be right before i even configure Network settings? To be honest i don't know how do i test/know if its SatCR? But the decoder indicates SatCR is on LNB1 ..

There's going to be no signal if you've plugged the cable into the wrong input, and haven't set up the tuner to look for a SatCR LNB...

There's going to be no signal if you've plugged the cable into the wrong input, and haven't set up the tuner to look for a SatCR LNB...
    Hi arf9999 ... If i understand you correctly, the message SIGNAL NO FOUND may also show if the tuner (Network 1) settings are not configured correctly inspite of correctly connected LNB cable to the correct input? I have spent now hours to trying my best to get this to work. I appreciate your responses and would like more clarity to get this to work. I bought this with excitement but now becoming a pain just to configure. Also, how do i know for sure that the LNB is SatCR? I stay in a communal apartment and we share the Dish .. Oh, i checked settings on my old DSTV and the Network config steps/options seems different to that of PVR/HD decoder... I didn't even see the choice of SatCR or Universal (or SatCR+Univ) ? also noticed the LNB mode voltage is either controlled/off/18v or something .. too many configs here
    Last edited by sonxEr77; 25-08-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sonxEr77 View Post
    Also, how do i know for sure that the LNB is SatCR? I stay in a communal apartment and we share the Dish .. Oh, i checked settings on my old DSTV and there Network config steps/options seems different to that of PVR/HD decoder... I didn't even see the choice of SatCR or Universal (or SatCR+Univ) ?
    sheesh, you really do give info in bits

ok, then you do not have a SatCR. Firstly make sure you are using the correct wall socket, and not something which carries a radio signal or is just a loop to the bedroom
    Once you have the correct connection it should work with selecting either IS7 or other as the network and Univ as LNB type
    To get certain channels you will likely require additional network settings which are specific to your complex's setup

Check alignment
    Gebore om te kuier, gedwing om te werk!

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfatefrog View Post
    sheesh, you really do give info in bits

ok, then you do not have a SatCR. Firstly make sure you are using the correct wall socket, and not something which carries a radio signal or is just a loop to the bedroom
    Once you have the correct connection it should work with selecting either IS7 or other as the network and Univ as LNB type
    To get certain channels you will likely require additional network settings which are specific to your complex's setup
    ahh, now we talking on the same level ... okay, so, i'm almost 98% certain that it is the right socket because the old DSTV works like a charm on the same wall socket. Now that you confirmed its not SatCR that translates to LNB2 on the decoder which i find interesting because the first time i plugged in the decoder (on LNB1), it worked with factory settings ... The i tried entering the complex extra network settings but struggled to get some channels (like E-NEWS Channel) .. upon few more restarts and fiddling with network setting, suddenly gone was the signal. I spent 5 hours there after to try resetting to default but never again was the signal. And mind you this all happened with LNB SatCR connected ... Anyhow, i will go back home after work and try to change to LNB2, chose other on network settings (which brings both Hi/Lo frequencies), set to Universal and see if i progress ...

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast