DIVISION OF STUDENT & STAFF SERVICES
Staff Resignation Checklist for Managers/Supervisors
q Has the letter of resignation, with the last day of duty specified, been forwarded to Human Resources?
q Where the staff member intends to take leave prior to ceasing employment, have the appropriate leave forms
been submitted to Human Resources?
NB. Unused recreation leave to a maximum of 40 days must be paid by the area on the departure of general staff, however unused
flexi time is not paid out.
q Have the security arrangements (eg. passwords, access cards) been updated if necessary?
q Has all University equipment been returned by the staff member?
For retiring staff:
q In the case of distinguished professorial staff, has an application for emeritus professor status been
submitted to the Vice-Chancellor?
q In the case of other academic and in some instances general staff, has a nomination for a title been
submitted to the Executive Dean?
Departing Staff Member’s Checklist
Please note that the departing staff member has been issued a checklist that reminds them of the following matters
that require their attention prior to their final day at the University:
1. To return all University property, including computers, keys, security cards, motor vehicle, mobile phone to
the head of department.
2. To return all University credit cards to the Procurement Office.
3. To advise Human Resources of the correct forwarding address for their payment summary and
superannuation benefit forms.
4. To discuss the effect of their resignation and the possible options with respect to their superannuation with
the University’s Superannuation Officer.
5. To unsubscribe from all University email list servers.
6. To cancel their voicemail message and name/extension.
7. To make an appointment with Human Resources to have an Exit Interview.
8. To make alternative arrangements with Custom Fleet for meeting any obligations outstanding with respect to
a novated motor vehicle lease after they leave the University.
To make alternative arrangements with the Procurement Office to finalise any Computer Lease and advise Payroll
Services of the payout figure to be taken from their final payments.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCE