Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Neotel turns its back on consumers

Default Neotel turns its back on consumers

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?opt...ticle&id=36226

Converged telecoms operator Neotel has conceded arguments that it has been failing the consumer market, saying this segment is just not a priority for its business.
    WWW Strategy MD Steven Ambrose maintains that he saw this coming. “Neotel have simply confirmed what we have said all along. Neotel is not in effect a second national operator; they have become competition for Internet Solutions, not Telkom.

“This is very disturbing, as their licence and all the protection and advantages they enjoyed were on the clear understanding that they would become an alternative telco to Telkom and offer consumers in SA a choice,” he continues.

Protea Hirschel, Frost and Sullivan industry analyst, agrees: “It is fair to say that there is an expectation from the South African public that Neotel will provide retail consumers with choice in their fixed-line and broadband service provider.

“That is clearly not the case, which is reinforced by the statements by Neotel yesterday,” she adds.
    Didn't their license stipulate residential support?
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?opt...ticle&id=36226

Didn't their license stipulate residential support?

Thus, the consumer turned its back to Neotel.

Neotel needs us, we dont need Neotel. Mark my words, give it a few years and they will come crawling back.

The idea behind business is to spread your roots in all aspects of a potential market. Since they have openly admit that the consumer does not matter to them, what do you think will happen when the commercial clients realise what crappy service they have and leave as well, Neotel could at least still have had the consumers to keep them afloat while they rethink their strategy, instead they chose to go in a straight line and focus on a specific consumer base.

Think of it as 1 and only 1 main artery pumping blood to the heart, when the blood pressure is low or that artery gets cut off, the heart will die.

“Neotel have simply confirmed what we have said all along. Neotel is not in effect a second national operator; they have become competition for Internet Solutions, not Telkom.

They could have competed with Telkom and had a major impact on the market, instead they chose to enter a market with far more competition, total idiocy.

Remember Neotel, the pie does not get bigger, the slices only get smaller and smaller
    Last edited by Osiris85; 26-08-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    I see Dead Pixels.......

They should revoke their license and start over from scratch. Neotel is obviously not doing what they're supposed to.
    Think for yourself, Question authority, Know what's going on

I live up in Hillcrest, Durban. Neotel hasn't even come close. It is a fully built up residential and business area. There is zero coverage out in the west of Durban.

Just one of the reasons why we have such *** with Telkom, Neotel was supposed to bring competition to Telkom.
    They never have, so Telkom is in effect still operating as a monopoly.

Use it or lose it!

Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    Just one of the reasons why we have such *** with Telkom, Neotel was supposed to bring competition to Telkom.
    They never have, so Telkom is in effect still operating as a monopoly.
    Yip, and thus Telkom is the only one getting all of the pie.

I seriously don't know how Neotel thinks? When you drive home after work, do you use the road with the most traffic and resistance, or do you use the road with only 1 car on it?

Maybe Neotel instead has the mentality of "Instead of being the smallest compared to the biggest company, we'll be the biggest compared to all the smallest companies"
    I see Dead Pixels.......

I agree with having a serious look at their license, and if they're not in compliance it must be revoked. Why does Neotel think it's the only company without any social/consumer responsibilities?

We can blame ICASA for this. Ineffective bunch douche bags. In a way I feel vindicated. Had such high hopes for Neotel. Their license should be revoked.