Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best ISP for wow?

Unhappy Best ISP for wow?

atm i am using mwebs 4mb uncapped service ,i normally have around 500ms ping and get disconnected from wow every 20 min (I play on a eu server)
    because of this i am considering changing to another service provider ,please could someone give some suggestions on what isp is "best" for wow and around R500 pm excluding line rental .Thanks

Super Grandmaster

With WebAfrica's shaped account I used to get 280ms on SSL(EU) on my 4Mbit line.

Well, go for one that's unshaped of course.

The uncapped offerings tend to limit how
    much you download, but are better for
    games.
    "In order to mantain a decent service to priority traffic we have disabled File Sharing for now": MWEB Operations

You could just get a VPN account, they're usually less than R100 a month and using one with MWeb 4Mbps Uncapped usually gets you around 240ms. I use gamemax.org at the moment, though you could try one of the free (for now) VPNs like battleping.com.

uncapped is not for wow

mweb with 240ms you must be one of lucky guys that actually good speed with them,ever second perspn moan how slow they are including me
    Www.gtxgaming.co.za
    For all your graphics card requirements!

This is my general latency in 25 mans on WA + private SSH (VPS) VPN.

http://www.restricted.co.za/upload/W...910_223446.jpg
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

What Tinuva said (normal shaped WA)

Well one of my guild members and I have spoken about this quite a lot and he's tried a lot of different ISPs with and without a VPN account, he gets the best latency of 220ms on Axxess Uncapped 4Mbps line with gamemax.org

But does he get that in 25man raids when there are a lot of activity? I mean I get 195ms when I stand in dalaran at times, but it doesn't mean I get that in 25man raids, I also get 205ms in Arena when I used to do that, still doesn't mean I get that in 25man raids.
    - Robertson Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post

w00t, you have the same interface as me

Also, I had Uncapped (Afrihost) and even with the VPN had issues.

So I'm on a 30GB Webafrica account and get around 280ms
    Cultivate Kindness

Hey Tinuva, nice UI, where can I get that, and would it be worth it for just casual playing and not heavy raiding and stuff?

That's LUI3 if I'm not mistaken ?

Webafrica unshaped has been more wobbly than my IS uncapped account (which says a lot).
    Atm I think it's pretty much pot luck as to your ADSL infrastructure more than your ISP as they have all had their wobbles lately.
    [CHKNHD] CHKNsense - Precognition with lag

Quote Originally Posted by DMNknight View Post
    That's LUI3 if I'm not mistaken ?

Webafrica unshaped has been more wobbly than my IS uncapped account (which says a lot).
    Atm I think it's pretty much pot luck as to your ADSL infrastructure more than your ISP as they have all had their wobbles lately.
    It is indeed LUI.

I guess your exchange's path to WA's network is not that great, but you can see from that screenshot that my experience is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by rudivdw View Post
    Hey Tinuva, nice UI, where can I get that, and would it be worth it for just casual playing and not heavy raiding and stuff?
    It is called LUI, and you can just visit http://www.wow-lui.com/ and follow the links from there. It is by far one of the easiest UI's to install and configure, but you will spend a good hour or so tweaking it, at least you can do this in-game ect. The UI is worth for all kinds of playing, the only limiting factor I found is the XP bar whilst leveling alts, but it is something I got used to.
    - Robertson Davies

It is indeed LUI.

I guess your exchange's path to WA's network is not that great, but you can see from that screenshot that my experience is lovely.
    To date, when IS has been unstable at least WA was fast and reliabel and vice versa. But yes, I expected with all these ISP changes, ADSL upgrade testing etc, that my pathing to WA may be borked.

As far as UI's, I hate the prepackaged ones simply because it takes so long for them to be updated come any major changes.
    I have a list of dpeendable standalone UI and Raiding mods and just update those regularly I do like the look of LUI tho.
    [CHKNHD] CHKNsense - Precognition with lag

Thanks for the info on LUI guys, definitely gonna have a look at it!

Speaking of UI's for WOW, any others worth checking out perhaps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast