Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USPS Express Mail International Shipping time?

Blog Entries

Question USPS Express Mail International Shipping time?

Hey Guys

I have a package coming from the US with USPS Express Mail International. How long does it normally take for Express Mail from the united Stats take to get to SA?

The package according to USPS was internationally dispatched on the 28th.Also when it gets into the country will it be easier for me to just drive to customs and get it there?

Thanks
    mybroadband follows me on twitter you should too @Edwinwatson

Hi.

How long did it take in the end? I have a parcel that was sent with the same service.

Takes ~3 weeks
    dear julius malema, desmond tutu, joey barton, barcelona, uefa, na$ri: ..|..

Thanks. I just got off the phone with SAPO. My EXPRESS parcel left USA on 24 November and was scanned in JHB 1 December. WTF? They probably sent it by boat...

Pffft...I've been waiting 4 weeks and counting

From past experience, it's 2 to 3 days from us to zar ... It then sits in customs for 2 to 3 weeks where it eventually gets scanned and one than knows where the freaking package is ... Then another week if your in CT. And if your activly tracking the parcel and calling to know what's up. You can then go collect. Elst. It's another week for the notification to travel 30 km via post to tell one the package can be picked up. One of the most useless departments I can think of

Been waiting 4 weeks now - according to tracking number it was last scanned in Jamaica...3 weeks ago
    Last edited by AfricanTech; 03-12-2010 at 05:33 PM.

At least I know I'm not the only one - starting to get worried.

Going to open a case anyway on paypal as you can have to do it within 40 days.

What I hate is paying extra for Express and then it gets handled just like normal airmail...

Mail from Hong Kong is totally screwed at the moment. Some arrive and gets scanned at customs in 3-5 days, others take 6-7 weeks. Maybe they use a FILO queue instead of FIFO....

Some of my colleagues are waiting for parcels from the UK for more than a month now, anyone else having problems with mail from England??

I got package this week from the UK - took a week and a half.

Blog Entries

Mine normally takes about 3 weeks from the US. That includes the time spent at customs.

Quicl Q, didnt want to start a new thread :-p

Anyone here import kitchen appliances ? and know what the import duties were ?

Im gonna be importing a blender, dehydrator and a sprouting system ... Need to badget for the extra costs ...

I have received USPS express in as little as 4 days, but one shipment took 10 weeks.

I am also having major problems with stuff from the UK and HK at the moment - often seems to take 8 weeks.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. - Oscar Wilde

USPS tracking seems so broken, I received a shipment from China in 5 days and still waiting for any updates for another package from the US, its been over a week.
    USPS express mail my ass

Express Mail International from USPS takes 3-5 days. I've had two packages sent from USA and both arrived within 4 working days. My packages were at local customs for maximum 1 day. Apparently this is the norm and it is unlikely to take longer than 5 days.
    What I do is start phoning customs by day 3 with my USPS tracking number and ask if there's a local tracking number yet (USPS doesn't show tracking details once the package leaves USA). As soon as there is a local number, you can track it through www.parceltrack.co.za. My packages are sent to a PO box, and I pick them up at my local post office. That is also where you pay the VAT and customs handling fee and/or duties.
    Last edited by Slingshot; 05-08-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast