Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Huawei E220 Driver Windows 7 - 64 bit

Angry Huawei E220 Driver Windows 7 - 64 bit

I am using a MTN F@st Link HSDPA Modem with my new HP Laptop with Windows 7 – 64bit already installed.

My IT guy was informed by MTN to install the driver for Windows Vista 64 bit.

At first I experience no problems.

I am now experiencing the following problems:-

1. The data card is not recognized once I have done critical Windows Updates.
    2. I have to repeatedly do system restore before I can connect to my modem.
    3. I am battling to obtain the correct driver for Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I would prefer to use my MTN modem - since I already paid for it - it seems a waste to buy a new modem

I did try HUAWEI website - but could not find the driver on their site, I also search the MTN website, also found no driver.

Your urgent assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Naomie
    Last edited by Naomie; 09-09-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: to make my request more clear

Upper Bucklebury, Berkshire, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

Hi Naomie,
    I'm no expert, but I'm using the Huawei E220 on Windows 7 Professional 64bit with absolutely no hassles.

The major difference I see is that I'm a Vodacom customer ... not sure if the firmware is the same here. If so, why don't you get a Vodacom Huawei E220 driver & install that?

The only other possible issue I see is ... you mention Vista & then Win7 ... did you do an upgrade or a clean install? If an upgrade I think you may find that is the root of your problem.

Regards,
    Peter
    United Kingdom
    16Mbps

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

I also couldn't find the 64 bit driver for Windows, good thing I use linux. Gave up looking because Huawei's website just makes absolutely no sense, to me anyway. Ubuntu picked the card up no problems, was connected in less than a minute.
    Praise Zeus!

Peter, please check my revised request.

Regards

Naomie

Better late than never, see here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...02#post6971802
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.

Download the drivers for E220 WIN7-64bit here.
    Last edited by ginggs; 22-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

just mwconn dont need the driver for it

worst 3G modem ever - chucked mine in the bin
    [URL="http://www.loosevending.co.za[/URL]
    Suppliers of loose cigarette vending machines, pool tables and a wide range of other vending equipment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gasboi View Post
    worst 3G modem ever - chucked mine in the bin
    It is indeed a piece of cr@p, upgrade...
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    It is indeed a piece of cr@p, upgrade...
    Mine was not the greastest, but as reliable as they come, I just gave my companion of many years, to a youngster who needed a modem, and he is happy.
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

A few years back the E220 was the best and latest technology. Still have mine in a draw even though I don't use it anymore.

Default E220

this download link worked for me with vodacom's old E220 modem, I could use the builtin software with windows xp but not with windows 7 64bit and with this software i can just plug the modem in now and it works :

http://help.vodacom.co.za/portal/eng...tdown=Software

Open Device Manager
    Remove the modem driver in question
    Run Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Create a “string” value named “Installer32”, and set it to “mdminst.dll,ClassInstall32”
    Scan for hardware in Device Manager

Run MTN software,

WORK

Quote Originally Posted by Naomie View Post
    I am using a MTN F@st Link HSDPA Modem with my new HP Laptop with Windows 7 – 64bit already installed.

My IT guy was informed by MTN to install the driver for Windows Vista 64 bit.

At first I experience no problems.

I am now experiencing the following problems:-

1. The data card is not recognized once I have done critical Windows Updates.
    2. I have to repeatedly do system restore before I can connect to my modem.
    3. I am battling to obtain the correct driver for Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I would prefer to use my MTN modem - since I already paid for it - it seems a waste to buy a new modem

I did try HUAWEI website - but could not find the driver on their site, I also search the MTN website, also found no driver.

Your urgent assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Naomie