Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Where can I buy a otoscope from?

Blog Entries

Default Where can I buy a otoscope from?

Soo... strange request.

Where is a good place to purchase one of these from in South Africa? Somewhere that ships nationwide?

Also, somewhere in the not too expensive range?
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

You have an inner ear fetish? Sorry don't know of any place selling these. Will keep an ear out to see if I hear anything.

And to save 200 people the google:

An instrument for examining the interior of the ear, especially the eardrum, consisting essentially of a magnifying lens and a light.

Have you asked your doc?

lol. everyone in this thread is gonna tab to google.

Blog Entries

Buying a geek pressie for my significant other. She needs one.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

And what about a Dis-chem, they have most wellness related items such as blood sugar testers, heart rate monitors etc..

you are going to pay well over a grand maybe R2k+ for one - welch allyn is good but expensive, i have a wall mounted one, and a riester pocket otoscope (much cheaper). why would your significant other need one if i may ask? i bought a replacement littmann stethoscope tubing from http://www.medisave.co.uk a few years ago, since local suppliers went nuts with their pricing - service was good. best is to go ask at a large pharmacy chain like dischem or a home medical supplies shop.

Edit: D3x's suggestion is a really good price for a riester otoscope.
    Last edited by zeridine; 07-09-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Super Grandmaster

Welch Allyn are the Mercedes of the medical equipment world, as I understand it, and you will be charged accordingly. If you would like, I can ask her what she recommends? Budget?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeridine View Post
    you are going to pay well over a grand maybe R2k+ for one - welch allyn is good but expensive, i have a wall mounted one, and a riester pocket otoscope (much cheaper). why would your significant other need one if i may ask?
    She is a newly arrived doc in this country and needs one. I always see how frustrated she gets when she wants to look down someones throat and cant see. So I thought it would be a good idea to get her one. Managed to find one on wantitall