Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Afrikaans Series i can download

Default Afrikaans Series i can download

Im a pc person, i admit it... I dont realy watch TV since i get everything on my pc and i watch things that way. I have been failing afrikaans from grade 1-11, nearing the end of my year i rate its time for a change...
    I KNOW that i will get better at the subject but all i need is exposure to it, and i rate i can achieve this through watching an afrikaans series
    Everyone rates just like watching 7nde laan is the best plan, but im realy not the type of dude who will sit stairing into a screan doing NOTHING else for 30 mins strait and sitting trough like 999minutes of addbreaks

So does ANYONE know of a series i can download which is in the language of afrikaans (download by means of torrent)

Could you please post the dirrect link to the series's page on the torrent website. Ive vagely tried to find one, but like im not a person to download stuff since my bro does most of the downloading

Please lol, i need to try atleast get a C for afrikaans before end of matric :P

die beste manier om 'n taal te leer is om dit te praat

I take it you are from KZN or Cape Town then it is quite understandable. What I suggest you do is take an Afrikaans book (there are some interesting ones) and read it out loudly, or get an Afrikaans girl friend, jong dan leer jy mos vinnig praat

There should be a few Kyk net series that can be downloaded, check them out, or read the Afrikaans wikipedia

Blog Entries

Contact the SABC to buy some of their Afrikaans series. They are fairly reasonably priced and very entertaining! Get something like Vyfster, Nommer Asseblief or Orkney Snork Nie!

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Contact the SABC to buy some of their Afrikaans series. They are fairly reasonably priced and very entertaining! Get something like Vyfster, Nommer Asseblief or Orkney Snork Nie!
    vetkoek-paleis, die legende

www.kuduclub.com

all the mnet, kyknet stuff here. a Friend who work overseas watch it here.

Brakenjan
    A Pitbull is a small dog with a big heart. But if provoked will pounce without warning and cause large amounts of hideous damage.

rofl BUY SERIES , HAHAHA. Downloading seems like far less effort ;D, any away how the hell can you 'contact' sabc xD And the reson i REALY would x999 prefer it computer opertational is because i got 2 screans, and like, i can jam wow and stuff on one screan, and watch series in the other.
    Ive used that method for like practically everything ive watched, works realy well since im used to it. Thats why i really need it to be on pc. As for getting afrikaans girlfriend, rofl one of my freinds did that and his marks have gone up lolXD
    I go to a full english school, pretty as anti afrikaans as you get, and like ever have contact with any afrikaans people, so i get 0/10 exposure to it, i get like A's for all my subjects B for english , and like ****ing 30-45% for afrikaans >_<

So like for Uni aplictations i need a few more points and i rate getting afrikaans series thereafter increasing afrikaans mark will help a great deal.
    Since like i study my ass off day before for afrikaans tests. JUST pass, when my like fleunt afrikaans (their family is like semi afrikaans) speaking friends, dont even look at notes for setwork /language and get 80% +

please rofl, a link for downloading of torrent sfor an afrikaans series.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zefara View Post
    rofl BUY SERIES , HAHAHA. Downloading seems like far less effort ;D, any away how the hell can you 'contact' sabc xD And the reson i REALY would x999 prefer it computer opertational is because i got 2 screans, and like, i can jam wow and stuff on one screan, and watch series in the other.
    Ive used that method for like practically everything ive watched, works realy well since im used to it. Thats why i really need it to be on pc. As for getting afrikaans girlfriend, rofl one of my freinds did that and his marks have gone up lolXD
    I go to a full english school, pretty as anti afrikaans as you get, and like ever have contact with any afrikaans people, so i get 0/10 exposure to it, i get like A's for all my subjects B for english , and like ****ing 30-45% for afrikaans >_<

So like for Uni aplictations i need a few more points and i rate getting afrikaans series thereafter increasing afrikaans mark will help a great deal.
    Since like i study my ass off day before for afrikaans tests. JUST pass, when my like fleunt afrikaans (their family is like semi afrikaans) speaking friends, dont even look at notes for setwork /language and get 80% +

thanks
    I have a feeling that your English isn't up to par either, o and just a tip, in a multi-lingual sa it helps having that "I can speak Afrikaans/other languages" part on your CV , you might want to shape it up, what you can do is get an Afrikaans speaking friend and only speak afrikaans to him, after a week or so you should be fluent, the second language syllabus is a joke nowadays as wel so they should ace it without any issues.
    Last edited by zulgin; 07-09-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zefara View Post

thanks
    Dude, we offered to help you... next time we won't bother. Good luck with finding some Afrikaans Torrents.

Dude, we offered to help you... next time we won't bother. Good luck with finding some Afrikaans Torrents.

reading his posts he needs a few more points for 'minimum requirements for uni' that means about nothing His qualifications would be as good as a police academy diploma with that attitude.

Blog Entries

some people's children!

Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    I have a feeling that your English isn't up to par either, o and just a tip, in a multi-lingual sa it helps having that "I can speak Afrikaans/other languages" part on your CV , you might want to shape it up, what you can do is get an Afrikaans speaking friend and only speak afrikaans to him, after a week or so you should be fluent, the second language syllabus is a joke nowadays as wel so they should ace it without any issues.
    ...im decent at english but im not going to go through and like spell/grammar check everything i type. Seccondly, all i was asking for was a simple torrent link which i can download a afrikaans series... If there isnt 1 existing , say no.\
    Your help would help me in the same way getting the series would be. However Series convenience > any other suggestions. Languages arnt my thing realy. Since they changed requirements to get into UCT makes my life a lot harder. My bro got into UCT BSc Actuarial Science with 90+% for everything except english and 50% for afrikaans...and since they no longer doubling maths and science....makes my life alot harder.
    Last edited by zefara; 07-09-2010 at 08:35 PM.

I found Afrikaans one of the hardest languages to learn. It is really hard to find people that are willing to deal with my bad 4th language Afrikaans, they'd all rather get things done in English.

You need to communicate with native speakers of the language, it's the best way. If you can find people that are willing to entertain your desire to learn the language then you need to take advantage of that. If you're a PC guy then start playing games with VOIP, there are tons of Afrikaans South African gamers and you could probably learn a few things from them.

Afrikaans grammar is really easy. It has very little conjugation and the few irregularities there are are easy to learn. At school they seem to put emphasis on learning from word lists and memorising verklein woorde, that's bollocks. While I admit that it can be an aid in learning, vocabulary from my experience the best way to learn a language is to speak it.

What I tend to do is spend a whole day thinking in a language I'm not using. It helps me to avoid losing languages I don't use a lot, but it also helped me in learning them.

Why do you think that Afrikaans music is the top music seller in SA? Purely based on the above. Afrikaans people don't really share their steals They share the music amoungst their friend by "writting" a cd

I fell down laughing one night, the Poena dude who sing's Leeu loop had a show one night. After the show he was drinking at the bar and one guy came up to him saying "Jy is die beste Afrikaanse sanger, ek het all jou CD's by a friend se skryf" /facepalm
    A Pitbull is a small dog with a big heart. But if provoked will pounce without warning and cause large amounts of hideous damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopin View Post
    I found Afrikaans one of the hardest languages to learn. It is really hard to find people that are willing to deal with my bad 4th language Afrikaans, they'd all rather get things done in English.

You need to communicate with native speakers of the language, it's the best way. If you can find people that are willing to entertain your desire to learn the language then you need to take advantage of that. If you're a PC guy then start playing games with VOIP, there are tons of Afrikaans South African gamers and you could probably learn a few things from them.

Afrikaans grammar is really easy. It has very little conjugation and the few irregularities there are are easy to learn. At school they seem to put emphasis on learning from word lists and memorising verklein woorde, that's bollocks. While I admit that it can be an aid in learning, vocabulary from my experience the best way to learn a language is to speak it.

What I tend to do is spend a whole day thinking in a language I'm not using. It helps me to avoid losing languages I don't use a lot, but it also helped me in learning them.
    In short:

Move to Pretoria, everyone there talks Afrikaans...... EVERYONE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast