Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honda CBR600RR VS Yahama R6

Default Honda CBR600RR VS Yahama R6

Which one would you buy and why?
    I'm thinking of buying a 600-750cc bike and these two really caught my eye...

I would buy the CBR, but that's just because I'm a Honda fan Also, it looks much better.
    Last edited by UnUnOctium; 14-09-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    change is inevitable... cognitiveradio.co.za

Super Grandmaster

Both are excellent bikes, I would probably favour the R6...and i dont really know why,
    I found the CBR a fantastically balanced bike and loved every second I was on it, and still i would get an R6...go figure
    He gets the ball, he takes the piss
    He wears the shirt of Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert Southampton goal machine

R6 if there is no one who loves you who'll be left behind when you bite it.
    The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.

-Christopher Hitchens

/me drools

But that CBR just sounds soooo nice.
    "If it ain't broke, do not fix it!"

Unlimited Free Broadband www.ctwug.za.net

Got myself a Kawasaki Z750 the other day to commute with. The 1800 Boulevard is a little heavy on the wallet for the commute.

The 600's are pretty nice machines but I prefer the extra mid-range torque of the 750. The GSX-R 750 is also pretty decent.

The R6 isn't called the "widowmaker" for nothing though! Haha!
    Lo, they do call to me,
    they bid me take my place among them,
    in the Halls of Valhalla,
    where the brave may live...forever.

Honda make delivery bikes. I'd go Yummy all the way.

Both are awsome bikes... Parts wise and general running costs, I would say the Yamaha is better. Honda parts are kinda bit more pricey if you start spending money on parts.
    Then again, Honda reliability is awsome. I have a GSXR 1000 and love the grunt / midrange from the 1000's.

I took delivery of my new CBR600RRA on Friday. I really wanted a bike with ABS. Plus the Honda seems to win all the shootouts. And it looks better than the R6.

If you were talking 1000CC, my heart might have been swayed by the R1 (despite no ABS), but it was easy to choose the CBR600 over the R6.

Quote Originally Posted by radicool View Post
    I took delivery of my new CBR600RRA on Friday. I really wanted a bike with ABS. Plus the Honda seems to win all the shootouts. And it looks better than the R6.

If you were talking 1000CC, my heart might have been swayed by the R1 (despite no ABS), but it was easy to choose the CBR600 over the R6.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but (except for rain) would you not be doing stoppies before the front tyre even starts locking up? Never driven one, so a genuine question at that

I'm no expert, but I read about it quite a bit and it supposedly has the following benefits...

* On a normal road surface, it will actually stop you from doing a stoppie. In other words your stopping distance could actually increase, but you won't get thrown over your handlebars
    * On a wet/gravel surface, it will stop the wheel from locking, which should give you some steering control, much like in a car with ABS
    * And part of the ABS functionality is what they call "combi-brakes", where they automatically brake the rear wheel a millisecond before the front wheel, even when you only grab a handful of front breaks, preventing the bike from even pitching forward

Nothing stops the laws of physics, but some of us need all the help we can get

Quote Originally Posted by radicool View Post
    I'm no expert, but I read about it quite a bit and it supposedly has the following benefits...

* On a normal road surface, it will actually stop you from doing a stoppie. In other words your stopping distance could actually increase, but you won't get thrown over your handlebars
    * On a wet/gravel surface, it will stop the wheel from locking, which should give you some steering control, much like in a car with ABS
    * And part of the ABS functionality is what they call "combi-brakes", where they automatically brake the rear wheel a millisecond before the front wheel, even when you only grab a handful of front breaks, preventing the bike from even pitching forward

Nothing stops the laws of physics, but some of us need all the help we can get
    I see, so they've added an extra element. Nice work of them, because I always thought on a bike and on a dry road, you don't really lock the front tyre, you push your whole bike over the handlebars . But seems they thought about that.

Ahhh, the organ donor debate guys.

No matter how safe you can be, you're not going to win a fight against a metal + 4 wheels object.

Paramedics don't call bikers organ donors for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by anees View Post

No matter how safe you can be, you're not going to win a fight against a metal + 4 wheels object.

Paramedics don't call bikers organ donors for nothing
    Hence why most of them drive a bike on Sunday and a car during the week. Quiet roads are always better than busy ones

Quote Originally Posted by anees View Post
    Lol. Too true. Some people bungee jump. Some people drive on Witkoppen Road on a bike. It's all based on risk vs. reward. And ask any biker... the reward is pretty high. So you do what you can to reduce the risk, and the equation begins to make more sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast