Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: The Galaxy S is the best phone I've ever used.

Default The Galaxy S is the best phone I've ever used.

I am sold!

I am upgrading in November and I am going for the Galaxy S ('cept if something super duper gets released before then).

I was considering the iPhone 4 and N8 as well, but the Galaxy S is just so awesome the others can't compare.

That is all.
    My Personal Website << Work in progress!!

I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I haven't looked back once!

Default Would love to buy one

I would love a new samsung galaxy s or a new htc desire ... but they have been floating around oversees for a while and now there are new models. So when they do arrive in stores here and not on preorder or out of stock please try next week, i probably won't buy one because now they feel old. If they moved those phones fast enough I would have bought the galaxy s 3 months ago and gone damn I will try that HD version aswell!

Better off waiting for the Desire HD if you really want the cream of the crop, it takes the crown from the Galaxy S which was the fastest phone on paper and overall set of specs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNgoma View Post
    Better off waiting for the Desire HD if you really want the cream of the crop, it takes the crown from the Galaxy S which was the fastest phone on paper and overall set of specs.
    The screen is too big :/ The Galaxy S is already pushing it. The Desire HD is moving into Tablet country.

Plus I can't see the Desire HD being as light as the Galaxy S. The normal desire is heavier than the GS.
    My Personal Website << Work in progress!!

Agreed. SGS ftw!
    'The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws', Tacitus | http://www.flickr.com/photos/milano2001

Better off waiting for a raise in my pay also
    I'm not a part of your system!

Grandmaster

Between the two I'd say it comes down to personal preference. The Desire HD has an even bigger screen which would be awesome for some and just too big for others.
    Plus it's LCD, not Super AMOLED

Personally I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. But I've heard bad things about sound quality when listening to music or watching videos from HTC phones. As well as bad signal reception. Sound quality is important to me since I use my phone as a music player, and my SGS is brilliant with that.
    Samsung on the other hand are always screwing up something major in the software, you still need a lag fix to get this phone to perform as flawlessly as the other Froyo 1Ghz phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddmatt View Post
    But I've heard bad things about sound quality when listening to music or watching videos from HTC phones. As well as bad signal reception.
    My HTC-TP had awful sound quality and crappy voice call quality. I want to kill it dead now that I have my SGS.
    'The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws', Tacitus | http://www.flickr.com/photos/milano2001

Quote Originally Posted by EtienneK View Post
    I am sold!

I am upgrading in November and I am going for the Galaxy S ('cept if something super duper gets released before then).

I was considering the iPhone 4 and N8 as well, but the Galaxy S is just so awesome the others can't compare.

That is all.
    Can you live without the flash on the Galaxy S?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniedj View Post
    LULZ

Quote Originally Posted by Daniedj View Post
    Yes, like cellphone flash has ever been great?

As nice as it is, personally, there's a utilitarian point where however good the graphics, shine and polish are, it's not worth only achieving 1 day battery life for it (and yes, I know someone who has one).
    change is inevitable... cognitiveradio.co.za

I must say, i am very astonished to how light the sgs feels. Sofar best phone I have had. My previous favourite phone was also a samsung, D600. What a kickass fone at the time. Yes that is how long ago i have been without an upgrade in the phone department. S AMOLED, is just insane.

I stilll need to get the hang of some apps. I am writing this by testing out the tethering and it is awesome and lightning fast and easy to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
    I stilll need to get the hang of some apps.
    Maybe try the Voodoo LagFix for the i9000. Currently using it on my i897.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast