Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UNISA AB4R: prospective students registrations deadline 30 Sept

Default UNISA AB4R: prospective students registrations deadline 30 Sept

Just a reminder to all those wanting to study at UNISA or those going to colleagues that require UNISA registration, the deadline for new student registrations is 30 September.

I've been helping a lot of guys on the forum out with understanding UNISA and the new procedures.

For those that are unsure about what this is, UNISA now requires all prospective students to register now to get a student number. The deadline is next week.

Those missing the deadline will not be able to register for 1st semester next year (S1 registrations open in December) and will need to wait another 6mths before doing so.

UNISA seriously makes no expectations. So don't think they will extend this date either.

But once your registered, you get a student number and this allows you to register for short courses, certificates and degrees. The number is for life so even if you only plan on studying end of next year or even only in 3yrs time, you can still get your student number now.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Blog Entries

Thanks man, I was wondering when it closes. Need to register asap. Still unsure about the process though - need to read through it still. I'm also still unsure what I'm going to register for so the first question threw me already - "Proposed qualification" ...
    ic's back, back again . . .

Hmm thats tedious...other unis allow you to register in like Jan still.

I might go to UNISA next year for postgrad...but the chance is fairly low (10%) & I won't know till Dec.

How much does it cost to reg? Can't see it on the page.

Edit: Thanks for thread.

Throw in anything random, even just a short course. UNISA do not hold you towards it so no commitment or extra cash upfront. Best is to register online (as much as possible) and then follow the instructions.

Parrow campus is very good as you most likely will have to drop off some documents there. Do not be suprised if your going to spend a day sorting it out.

But once you have your student number, you do your degrees (whatever) registration online - takes 5 minutes. I will create another thread to help out others closer to the time on that topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Your application will only be finalised on receipt of supporting documents and the non-refundable application fee (R100)
    Cheapcheap

@cbrunsdonza Thx, will do.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Hmm thats tedious...other unis allow you to register in like Jan still.

I might go to UNISA next year for postgrad...but the chance is fairly low (10%) & I won't know till Dec.

Well you don't have till Dec to get your student number, but the fees are: Aplication fee (R150,00 for post & fax) (R100,00 for online)

I would anyway recommend getting your student number as there is a very good chance that you will end up doing at least a module or two sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunsdonza View Post
    Just a reminder to all those wanting to study at UNISA or those going to colleagues that require UNISA registration, the deadline for new student registrations is 30 September.

I've been helping a lot of guys on the forum out with understanding UNISA and the new procedures.

For those that are unsure about what this is, UNISA now requires all prospective students to register now to get a student number. The deadline is next week.

Those missing the deadline will not be able to register for 1st semester next year (S1 registrations open in December) and will need to wait another 6mths before doing so.

UNISA seriously makes no expectations. So don't think they will extend this date either.

But once your registered, you get a student number and this allows you to register for short courses, certificates and degrees. The number is for life so even if you only plan on studying end of next year or even only in 3yrs time, you can still get your student number now.
    Thanks for the info bud. Been meaning to register but keep forgetting!! Need to make hay....
    Just so I know I'm on track here, is this the part where you pay the R150??
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

Off topic but do you guys know what happens if you don't pass the minmum 4 subjects (for semester modules) a year? I mean do they kick you out
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    Off topic but do you guys know what happens if you don't pass the minmum 4 subjects (for semester modules) a year? I mean do they kick you out
    From what I understand is they will limit the modules you may register for and you might have to do some other basic module (which do not count towards your degree) to help you get back on track.

I understand that the first time you miss the required modules to pass, they are very helpful, but the second time its serious.

Quote Originally Posted by PhreeMe View Post
    Thanks for the info bud. Been meaning to register but keep forgetting!! Need to make hay....
    Just so I know I'm on track here, is this the part where you pay the R150??
    Yes, I see its R100 if you do it online. This is a once-off fee.

Blog Entries

Just took step 1, registered etc etc. Now it is time to submit my application forms ... Argh - now I need to get my Senior Certificate too. Not nice. I never got one. I was trying to avoid a trip into good o'll CT.

At the centre of my bubble of perception.

If I make a transfer at the bank and fax them the deposit slip is it then also a R100 or R150?
    Reseat the RAM!

Blog Entries

404 Not Found - Awesomeness op wiele.
    The requested URL /portal/site/!gateway/page/94727dfa-fed2-4ee0-8418-7f28651f09fc was not found on this server.

Seems like they have already decided to deny my application.

Ok, so I registered, uploaded my docs and paid them on Monday, but haven't heard anything from them... If I submitted before the deadline, does that mean I'm ok, or should I be stressing??
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

Quote Originally Posted by PhreeMe View Post
    Ok, so I registered, uploaded my docs and paid them on Monday, but haven't heard anything from them... If I submitted before the deadline, does that mean I'm ok, or should I be stressing??
    You should be fine. UNISA receives tons of applications so it takes them time
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast