Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: NPA receives a qulaified audit

Grandmaster

Default NPA receives a qulaified audit

How long has comrade Simelane been in charge and it's already starting to fall apart?
    Seriously, why can't government understand that they need to appoint competent people in these positions?
    The National Prosecuting Authority has come under scrutiny after the department received a qualified audit from the auditor-general, with irregular expenditure amounting to at least R560 million.

The A-G said in his report that management had failed to address audit findings from the previous year, and that resolutions of Parliament’s watchdog standing committee on public accounts (Scopa) had not been implemented.
    The A-G found that the NPA had violated the Public Service Regulations and the Public Finance Management Act.
    ...since the employment of Menzi Simelane as National Director of Public Prosecutions, the department had received a qualified audit after years of having had a clean bill.
    linky
    When did ignorance become a point of view ?.

Grandmaster

I can't see what the point of the Auditor General is if government departments just continue to ignore their recomendations and receive qualified audits year after year. Surely someone should be getting their @rses fired already

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McSack View Post
    Surely someone should be getting their @rses fired already
    Yes... the entire ANC government.

Pathetic !!

We need details of the "irregular expenditure ".

at least R560 million.
    are they honestly telling me that the Auditor only picked up this huge amount of misconduct now? Surely they should have done an independent audit every year or so? The Auditors should also be liable.

Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    are they honestly telling me that the Auditor only picked up this huge amount of misconduct now? Surely they should have done an independent audit every year or so? The Auditors should also be liable.
    Why, they did not steal the money?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

I really truly fail to see why people would vote for these scumbags.
    Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another. NM-1994

Quote Originally Posted by I am Penguin View Post
    it is their responsibility to report on the financial statements of the company, to make sure it represents the financial situation of the company correctly. Hence a large amount of money like this wouldn't just be 'picked up' within the last financial year. Basically they are guilty of not doing their job. I believe there is an ethic code which they should follow?

My guess is that the Auditors of the past were paid to 'play nice' or that they were totally incompetent, hence they got the job without proper tenders.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by I am Penguin View Post
    it is their responsibility to report on the financial statements of the company, to make sure it represents the financial situation of the company correctly. Hence a large amount of money like this wouldn't just be 'picked up' within the last financial year. Basically they are guilty of not doing their job. I believe there is an ethic code which they should follow?

My guess is that the Auditors of the past were paid to 'play nice' or that they were totally incompetent, hence they got the job without proper tenders.
    ... you missed this bit....
    since the employment of Menzi Simelane as National Director of Public Prosecutions, the department had received a qualified audit after years of having had a clean bill
    this seems to be the first time the NPA has had these opportunties problems

Quote Originally Posted by McSack View Post
    ... you missed this bit....

this seems to be the first time the NPA has had these opportunties problems
    and you honestly believe that this is the first year the had a clean bill? a big some of money didn't just disappear over night

How do you know what their budget is ? Maybe this was irrregularly spent in just one year, hence the AG not picking it up before.

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    How do you know what their budget is ? Maybe this were irregularly spent in just one year, hence the AG not picking it up before.
    I would be really surprised if this was the case,

No surprise. And nothing will be done about it. Rob from the poor to give to the rich.
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."