Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859 6061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: 3G/HSPA/LTE Routers

Default TP-Link Mr3220 Device Unplugged

I posted here some 4 months ago about the device unplugged problem I was having with the ZTE MF112 mobile broadband dongle and the TP-Link mr3220 Router. The solution was to use a different dongle namely the Huawei K3565. This worked flawlessly for 4 months until I started getting the device unplugged message with the K3565 out of the blue.

So I ended up hard resetting the router by using a pin to reset it on the back side of the router for a few seconds and since then I have had no further problems. Incidently I tried the MF112 after a hard reset and it still didn't work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipro View Post
    Anyone know if the Billion 7402NX Router is compatible with the CellC ZTE MC668......... or any known issues ? The website states compatible... but I thought to ask here as well

I tried and failed to make my CellC ZTE MC668 with my my DD-WRT'd Linksys E3000.... so I have ordered the Billion 7402NX.... arriving Tuesday.... any input would be greatly appreciated !
    Anyone ?

Anyone know if the Billion 7402NX Router is compatible with the CellC ZTE MC668......... or any known issues ? The website states compatible... but I thought to ask here as well

I tried and failed to make my CellC ZTE MC668 with my my DD-WRT'd Linksys E3000.... so I have ordered the Billion 7402NX.... arriving Tuesday.... any input would be greatly appreciated !
    Not sure, but the website also said that the Vodafone 4505Z would work and it does so, perfectly. As far as I know the 4505Z is a ZTE, so I think you're good on this one.
    OpenWRT TP-Link MR3420v2 router, Huawei E3276

Thanks for the info

Well, it's arriving tomorrow - I will update when I have some info - so this router can be added to the list of compatible routers

I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.....

(sigh) I should have just gone with CellC... The ZTE MF668 works with my DLink DIR-451, but Vodacom's ZTE K4505-Z does not... It hardly works on it's own. Now I'm stuck using a E220 at the speed of smell...

Quote Originally Posted by lotus123 View Post
    Not sure, but the website also said that the Vodafone 4505Z would work and it does so, perfectly. As far as I know the 4505Z is a ZTE, so I think you're good on this one.
    Hmmm, well, installed the new Billion, and upgraded firmware.... attached the ZTE and the Billion keeps stating "3G Card not found"........ all configs are correct, set to 3G and dial string changed.... and nothing... blue light is on, but it doesn't connect.... any ideas ?
    Last edited by Dipro; 16-06-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Hi,

I want to use 150Mbps Wireless USB Adapters instead of 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapters to connect my computers to the internet via my Cell C 21.6Mbps Modem that I intend to plug into a T-Link MR3420 router.

Question 1:
    Will I experience any reduction in file upload and file download speeds via the internet if I use 150Mbps Adapters instead of 300Mbps Adapters? I assume that there will not be any difference at all because the modem is only capable of 21.6Mbps. However my limited knowledge of the technical aspects pertaining to networking has resulted in my seeking advice/confirmation from the professionals on this forum.

Question 2:
    How many computers can be connected wirelessly to the internet at the same time with the T-Link MR3420 router?

Question 3:
    Can all USB wireless adapters that are sold in South Africa be used with the T-Link MR3420 router?

I would be most appreciative to receive replies to my aforementioned questions.

Thank you.
    Kind Regards.

Hmmm, well, installed the new Billion, and upgraded firmware.... attached the ZTE and the Billion keeps stating "3G Card not found"........ all configs are correct, set to 3G and dial string changed.... and nothing... blue light is on, but it doesn't connect.... any ideas ?
    No idea. What s/w version is on the Billion? (Mine's v6.03)

Does it work if you attach directly to a PC?
    OpenWRT TP-Link MR3420v2 router, Huawei E3276

Quote Originally Posted by lotus123 View Post
    No idea. What s/w version is on the Billion? (Mine's v6.03)

Does it work if you attach directly to a PC?
    The Billion s/ware version is the latest from their website: 6.03.rc4.ds4

and the Modem works perfectly when attached to a PC.... it's only when attached to a router, it will power up, but the router cannot seem to initialize the connection...

I will be ringing Billion asap this morning, as I have sometimes seen companies hold back on Firmware, until you ring and ask them for a specific compatibility issue, which they then email to you........ so fingers crossed that they are "holding back" on the firmware that I need.

If not I have a plan to: go to my local quiet cellc shop.... ask if I can test my sim in a another usb modem ( not a ZTE - possibly the 2gb allowance white Huwwie ), see if I can get it to work/initialise in my routers which I will be taking with (both Linksys E3000 DD-WRT'd and the Billion 7402NX), and if necessary buy a 2GB allowance white usb modem and then simply use that usb modem for my 5gb allowance sim and I would then have a 2gb sim as backup (which I believe that I will need )

A bit extreme, but I am getting desperate now.... but let's see what Billion say to me this morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by cazzz View Post
    Hi,

I want to use 150Mbps Wireless USB Adapters instead of 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapters to connect my computers to the internet via my Cell C 21.6Mbps Modem that I intend to plug into a T-Link MR3420 router.

Question 1:
    Will I experience any reduction in file upload and file download speeds via the internet if I use 150Mbps Adapters instead of 300Mbps Adapters? I assume that there will not be any difference at all because the modem is only capable of 21.6Mbps. However my limited knowledge of the technical aspects pertaining to networking has resulted in my seeking advice/confirmation from the professionals on this forum.

Question 2:
    How many computers can be connected wirelessly to the internet at the same time with the T-Link MR3420 router?

Question 3:
    Can all USB wireless adapters that are sold in South Africa be used with the T-Link MR3420 router?

I would be most appreciative to receive replies to my aforementioned questions.

Thank you.
    Kind Regards.
    1. No
    2. Rule of thumb at least 5 should be fine. Check the manual.
    3. Generally yes, but be sure to check the supported list (in the first post).
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

The Billion s/ware version is the latest from their website: 6.03.rc4.ds4

and the Modem works perfectly when attached to a PC.... it's only when attached to a router, it will power up, but the router cannot seem to initialize the connection...

I will be ringing Billion asap this morning, as I have sometimes seen companies hold back on Firmware, until you ring and ask them for a specific compatibility issue, which they then email to you........ so fingers crossed that they are "holding back" on the firmware that I need.

If not I have a plan to: go to my local quiet cellc shop.... ask if I can test my sim in a another usb modem ( not a ZTE - possibly the 2gb allowance white Huwwie ), see if I can get it to work/initialise in my routers which I will be taking with (both Linksys E3000 DD-WRT'd and the Billion 7402NX), and if necessary buy a 2GB allowance white usb modem and then simply use that usb modem for my 5gb allowance sim and I would then have a 2gb sim as backup (which I believe that I will need )

A bit extreme, but I am getting desperate now.... but let's see what Billion say to me this morning.....
    OK.... I rang Billion, and they emailed me a "special firmware", which as I had suspected they had held back.... The firmware's name: Nology_7402NX-Test_6.04a.ds7.dc65_20110406.afw

I installed it and suddenly my CellC MF668 works perfectly with the Billion......... So far, so good - I am getting good coverage and speeds. The Billion is not as good as my Linksys E3000 for WIFI coverage, but the Linksys is dual band - both 2.4ghz and 5ghz - so it had amazing WIFI ability.... and I have had one drop-out so far when the 3G just stopped working - I have activated "Keep Alive" to see if this stops the Modem from just stopping.... this was initially easily solved with a reboot of the router.

So, I think that we can safely add this router: Billion 7402NX to the CellC compatibility list (just ring Billion for the firmware, or PM me, and I can forward it to you).

I am glad that the nightmare is finally over, even though it wasn't a cheap or quick solution....

Hi

I got the 150Mbps T-Link last week:

Hi,

Question 1:
    No, the speed limit is for WiFi N, not for the 3G.

Hi,
    Question 2:

Hi,
    Question 3:
    Not out of the box but they do updates. Its LINUX based and you just download the file as it becomes available.

EDIT: Sorry, the reply was for 3G modems, I did not read your question properly. The modem supports wireless B,G,N and your wireless adapter should work. I've connected two laptops without fail to mine in both Windows7 and Ubuntu.
    Last edited by cbrunsdonza; 17-06-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Thank you "cbrunsdonza", I appreciate your response

Thank you "morkhans", your response is appreicated

Stopped in at Uniterm Direct JHB today for my TP-LINK MR3420. Quick and easy. Great service.
    Connected the router now. Quick and easy. Working well. Tested on speedtest.net and got 2.3Mbps download/ 1.18 upload with less than 50% 3G signal using Cell C white USB modem. I'll check now to see if I get a better signal with the cable they gave me.

Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859 6061626369 ... LastLast