Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485 8687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1435

Thread: 3G/HSPA/LTE Routers

  1. #1261

    Default

    Try different modem, if it works better. Power problems on 3020 too?

    Switch wireless off on the router and connect to laptop using Ethernet cable. Just for testing.

  2. #1262

    Default

    i only have one modem.

    I saw someone else said they had exact same setup as myself a page or two back which worked perfectly.
    So i doubt its the modem.


    will give the LAN a bash. thnx

  3. #1263

    Default

    hmmm.... connecting the LAN doesnt seem to be any different


    I just noticed that every time i do a speed test...the download works fine, but the upload freezes and then the connection is lost.


    any ideas?
    Last edited by WhiskyJack; 20-03-2012 at 10:53 PM.

  4. #1264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    OK, I have tested my new MR3020 modem on the E367 (firmware flashed 8ta version) and E372 (firmware flashed K4605).

    It seems to work well on both of those, which immediately makes it much better than the MR3420, as this modem does not properly support either of those.

    But I haven't tested the range of the MR3020, this might be lacking, will report back.

    The MR3420 should get an urgent firmware upgrade, or be recalled if the problems are a hardware issue.

    Actually, I may use the MR3020 as a 3G router, and the MR3420 as an Access Point, that should solve all the problems.
    What do you mean by "...E367 (firmware lashed 8ta version).."
    Is that simply the dongle you get from 8ta?
    I have a feeling i am missing an important part of the puzzle here!
    Perhaps my installation is completely flawed.

  5. #1265

    Default

    I flashed the E367 with standard (& updated) firmware, I'm not using the 8ta firmware or dashboard.

    But yes, it is a standard 8ta E367.

    Edit : I am using firmware 11.810.09.33.00 (DNA version)
    Last edited by Jola; 20-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

    It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

  6. #1266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    I flashed the E367 with standard (& updated) firmware, I'm not using the 8ta firmware or dashboard.

    But yes, it is a standard 8ta E367.

    Edit : I am using firmware 11.810.09.33.00 (DNA version)
    aaah....well that must be it then.
    i havent flashed anything.
    I assumed from your post that it was the vanilla firmware that came with the 8ta E367 that you where using.
    Is there a step by step guide somewhere on how to flashing with standard (and updated) firmware?
    never done it before.
    dont want to stuff it up as this is my only internet source right now.

  7. #1267

    Default

    You pretty much just plug the modem into your PC and then run the update software.

    But I can't remember where I got that update file from, it was a while ago, will have to look again.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

    It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

  8. #1268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    I just noticed that every time i do a speed test...the download works fine, but the upload freezes and then the connection is lost.


    any ideas?
    This usually indicate power problems. Newer modem firmware might help by detecting undervoltage condition and slowing down uploads. It is not what I want.

  9. #1269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    This usually indicate power problems. Newer modem firmware might help by detecting undervoltage condition and slowing down uploads. It is not what I want.

    well well well....

    i just plugged in another ac adapter and the thing has not dropped connection once yet.
    did a speed test and the upload flies through for the first time! thanks!

    the only problem now is connected via LAN cable i am getting 5-6 mbps download 2-3mbps upload.
    but through wifi im getting slower download than upload?

    1.5mbps down
    2.3mbps upload


  10. #1270

    Default

    People don't believe, even evidence is prevailing. Glad you sorted it out.

    I see uploads are the same, but donwloads dropped. It could be because of changing position/ orientation of the modem, temporary tower problem, or persistent behaviour dependent on firmware on router and modem, you can work on it...

    One question. Which one is original power supply?
    Last edited by sajunky; 21-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  11. #1271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    People don't believe, even evidence is prevailing. Glad you sorted it out.

    I see uploads are the same, but donwloads dropped. It could be because of changing position/ orientation of the modem, temporary tower problem, or persistent behaviour dependent on firmware on router and modem, you can work on it...

    One question. Which one is original power supply?

    i think its the one i am using now.
    I might have been using my intuos4 power supply.
    Or is it the drifta's power supply?. cant remember.

    no...i am fairly certain that i am now using the one that came with the device. they look alike the one i am using now is newer for sure.
    So the devices power supply is running well.

  12. #1272

    Default

    I have used the TL-MR3220 with both the E367 and the E1752.
    When testing initially, I found it a bit frustrating. There were so many variables including signal strength, possible 'cell congestion' and the mass of opinions on firmware and settings in order to get the best speed from your modem and router. I found it difficult to pinpoint 'speed' issues with certainty.

  13. #1273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    no...i am fairly certain that i am now using the one that came with the device. they look alike the one i am using now is newer for sure.
    So the devices power supply is running well.
    Right, I expected it, as original supply unit comes with very short cable, as reported in morkhans review:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/398485
    I wrote here that it comes for the reason:
    if longer cable is required, use rather power extension cord, not a longer USB cable to avoid power delivery problems.
    Last edited by sajunky; 21-03-2012 at 12:09 PM.

  14. #1274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Right, I expected it, as original supply unit comes with very short cable, as reported in morkhans review:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/398485
    I wrote here that it comes for the reason:

    actually i am using the same long intuos4 cable...just the original adapter
    If i get any further issues i'll be sure to try the shorter cable...thanks.
    Last edited by WhiskyJack; 21-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.

  15. #1275

    Default

    Have given up and put the dongle back into the laptop.
    Having different issues now.

    It works for a while...but then the internet just dies eventually. no response.
    Sometimes the dongles light goes green, and sometimes it stays the light blue colour it should be.
    It also says the modem is still connected to the network in the router status panel.
    but there is nothing happening.


    Then i try unconnect and then reconnect buttons under the 3G settings in the router (in the router backend through the browser) till the cows come home and nothing changes.
    Only thing that sometimes works is a router reboot.
    and then only intermittently. till i have to pull the plug and start all over.

    put the dongle 20cm away into the laptop and it goes without a hitch....sigh.


    note that i havent tried any kind of firmware upgrade or "flashing" or anything anywhere.
    I need a decent step by step explanation before i even start down that path.
    Last edited by WhiskyJack; 21-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485 8687888995 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gaming on Cell C HSPA HSPA+
    By xolani_mybb in forum Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 11:13 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 08:07 PM
  3. HSPA and HSPA+: Vodacom vs MTN vs Cell C
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19-02-2010, 04:09 PM
  4. HSPA and HSPA+: Vodacom + MTN = guilty
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-02-2010, 05:40 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-08-2005, 10:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •