Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687 88899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1433

Thread: 3G/HSPA/LTE Routers

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    the problem does happen because the modem decides to use 2G for some reason and then gets "stuck" on 2G.
    So denying the modem a 2G option...SO FAR (hold thumbs)...seems to have solved the problem.
    No, it would switch to 2G and continue. Here modem stops responding.

Anyway, you know better and keep arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    No, it would switch to 2G and continue. Here modem stops responding.

Anyway, you know better and keep arguing.
    what?...im not arguing.

im just saying what happens, the modem goes green (2G) and then refuses to go back unless i pull power.
    So what you suggested to do (3G only setting) seems to have stopped that problem since it seems that whatever was happening and watever has causing it to go to 2G and stay there has stopped.

. ..no arguments here buddy, and thanks for the advice because it has now worked for longer than its ever worked before.

not sure you get a what i was saying there...i was just guessing as to what is happeneing..you would know better.

No Whisky, junky's 1st language is not English AFAIK, so I'm sure he was not trying to be offensive - I think he meant you "keep trying"
    -------- e-tolling is a new tax, with added VAT! Don't support corruption, don't get an e-tag! and don't pay! -------

Quote Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
    No Whisky, junky's 1st language is not English AFAIK, so I'm sure he was not trying to be offensive - I think he meant you "keep trying"
    jees you know...i actually thought that might be the case...

no harm no fowl.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    im just saying what happens, the modem goes green (2G) and then refuses to go back unless i pull power.
    So what you suggested to do (3G only setting) seems to have stopped that problem since...
    You are arguing that you found solution, but is not a solution in my opinion, as I gave you only temporary relief, not a solution.

Problem is still here, not cured, as there is a reason why modem is doing handover to 2G. With your speeds 5-6 down and 2-3 up, signal is strong enough, no reason for handover -- assuming everything works as designed.
    Last edited by sajunky; 24-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    You are arguing that you found solution, but is not a solution in my opinion, as I gave you only temporary relief, not a solution.

Problem is still here, not cured, as there is a reason why modem is doing handover to 2G. With your speeds 5-6 down and 2-3 up, signal is strong enough, no reason for handover -- assuming everything works as designed.

god i hope you are wrong

but yes i understand these things where not designed to work like this.
    but i hope it will at least help us to get closer to the real problem.

you ar a great help though sajunky.
    at least i have some constant interent ...no power pull/restart every 20 minutes.
    Last edited by WhiskyJack; 24-03-2012 at 03:48 AM.

I wish and hope it will work to you. You went through all stages of correcting wrongdoing, getting back to original power supply unit, then finding that you had been using third-party (long) USB power cord. This is my contribution for correcting these things. During four pages of conversation you didn't tell me important things, I guessed, but in the process you have learned how to deal with difficulties.

Forcing 3G mode wasn't actually my idea. Now I don't want others reading this to think it is a cure to a problem, as we corrected many other things in meantime. My message is to use less power hungry modems. Simple solution, chose a right modem to your router, avoid complications.
    Last edited by sajunky; 24-03-2012 at 11:12 AM.

I am new to using 3g. until now, have used ADSL via phone line. I have a netgear dgn2000 and a netgear dngd3700. can I use either of these for wi fi round the house if I have a usb 3g dongle in my pc, or by going the 3g route, does my current hardware become redundant? if so, what do i need to get to have 3g on my desktop pc as well as wi fi for up to 5 devices?

Quote Originally Posted by simonbee View Post
    I am new to using 3g. until now, have used ADSL via phone line. I have a netgear dgn2000 and a netgear dngd3700. can I use either of these for wi fi round the house if I have a usb 3g dongle in my pc, or by going the 3g route, does my current hardware become redundant? if so, what do i need to get to have 3g on my desktop pc as well as wi fi for up to 5 devices?
    take a look here http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...-with-3G-modem
    -------- e-tolling is a new tax, with added VAT! Don't support corruption, don't get an e-tag! and don't pay! -------

Hi. I got the D-link 2750U yesterday. Took a few minutes to hook up and it's working perfectly.Connecting to the internet via my 8ta sim in a cellc dongle. Got my notebook and galaxy sII hooked up via wifi. My only question is - is there an app out there that will tell me my bandwidth usage, without having to unplug the dongle and running the 8ta management tool from my pc? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlub View Post
    Hi. I got the D-link 2750U yesterday. Took a few minutes to hook up and it's working perfectly.Connecting to the internet via my 8ta sim in a cellc dongle. Got my notebook and galaxy sII hooked up via wifi. My only question is - is there an app out there that will tell me my bandwidth usage, without having to unplug the dongle and running the 8ta management tool from my pc? Thanks
    use this http://home.8ta.com/my8ta after registering

The best 3G router is not even listed on the first page?

Where is the Huawei B683?

Been using it now for two months and it is just a fantastic piece of hardware. Briliant!

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    The best 3G router is not even listed on the first page?
    What do you mean, the RB751U-2HnD is there!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    Where is the Huawei B683?

Been using it now for two months and it is just a fantastic piece of hardware. Briliant!
    Post or PM the info and I'll copy-paste.

The Huawei B683 has the latest 802.11 b/g /n wifi standard, so the full 21Mbps of HSPA+ can be fully exploited by the wifi clients. An external (SMA) antenna connector is provided for connecting external 3g antennas to boost the signal.

HSPA + (High Speed ​​Packet Access Plus) 2100/900, 2100/850, 1900/850 MHZ
    HSUPA (High Speed ​​Uplink Packet Access)
    HSDPA (High Speed ​​Downlink Packet Access)
    WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) 2100/900, 2100/850, 1900/850 MHZ
    GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz
    GPRS (General Packet Radio Service (System) 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz
    EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution) 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz

Specifications:

WPS
    RJ45: 4 Lan ports
    External 3g antenna interface
    802.11b/g/n
    180x123x32.5 mm
    USB 2.0 host interface - can mount external drive
    Built-in DHCP Server, DNS RELAY and NAT
    Convenient web-based management
    Windows 2000/Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    User Status LED indicators.
    Receiving diversity and load equalizer
    Built-in WCDMA / GSM WLAN high gain antenna
    Suitable for: HSPA + / HSUPA / HSDPA / WCDMA / GSM / GPRS / EDGE
    Provides immediate protection from potential security threats and block intrusion attempts.
    High speeds. Supports data services from a maximum speed of HSPA + (28Mbit DL / s; UL5.76Mbit / s), HSPA (DL 7.2Mbit / s; UL5.76Mbit / s), 384kbit / s WCDMA, 236.8kbit / s EDGE, and 85.6kbit / s GPRS

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Post or PM the info and I'll copy-paste.
    Thanks ginggs!

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687 88899091 ... LastLast