Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Programming a new DSTV PVR remote...

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

Default Programming a new DSTV PVR remote...

I've had no luck with the awful DSTV forum (that seems to have lost my registration) so hopefully someone here can help me out.

I have an HD PVR and SD PVR with dual-view. My HD PVR remote works perfectly as does TV1 of the SD PVR - however I had to buy a new remote for TV2 on the SD PVR and I was under the impression I could just flick the dial over to 3 or something like that and it would work. Not so much as it turns out.

What exactly do I have to do to get this remote working? I'm using a remote extender and am not using the universal function at all, so I was under the impression that I didn't require any codes of any sort...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Leave it on the code your old remote was set on. Then unplug the decoder from the power source, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna View Post
    Leave it on the code your old remote was set on. Then unplug the decoder from the power source, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in
    How do I know what code the previous remote was set to? Are you talking about the dial-switch on the remote or an actual code that needs to be programmed into the remote?
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Dam I found a PDF a while back on how to program your DSTV remotes to work with different decoders,it is in the same place where you download the manuals for Xtra-view extra. Will see if I can find it again you basically just punch numbers into your remote and it programs it too what you want it to be e.g HD, Tv1, TV 2 or any DSTV remote.
    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
    Bob Dylan

HTML Code:
     1.12 Programming the HD PVR remote to emulate the SD PVR remote: 

In rooms where access to both SD and HD PVR services are required and where the SD PVR has been set to only listen to the SD PVR remote, it might be handy to program one of the programmable modes on the HD PVR remote to emulate the SD PVR remote as that would eliminate the need to have two remotes to control the two PVRs. 
     This is done in the following way:  

To program SD PVR TV1 into e.g. mode C: o Turn dial to C o Press and hold standby until mode window blinks 3 times o Enter 21589 
    It is now possible to control the SD PVR TV1 by using the C mode on the HD PVR remote.  
     To program SD PVR TV2 into e.g. mode D: o Turn dial to D o Press and hold standby until mode window blinks 3 times o Enter 21590 
    It is now possible to control the SD PVR TV2 by using the D mode on the HD PVR remote.
    This is what is in the Xtra-View manual but there was a whole other manual just on remotes will see if I can find it.
    Bob Dylan

Blog Entries

Thanks web. I tried to use the standby-button option to programme TV2 but it just doesn't flash to programmable mode...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Thanks web. I tried to use the standby-button option to programme TV2 but it just doesn't flash to programmable mode...
    You holding the shift button until it starts flashing ?

Anyway here is the manual it 60 pages so enjoy the reading http://www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica...media_fileid=6 its what I used to get my remote to talk to my TV and DVD machine
    Bob Dylan

Blog Entries

I was holding the power/standby button as per the manual. Didn't realise it was actually the shift button instead. I've programmed it now - will test it out and let you know a little later. Thank you...