Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Learners License Question

Default Learners License Question

Hi

Im 16, and I want to know if i may apply now to write my learners on my 17th birthday which is the 11th march.

Or do i have to wait until in 17 to apply?

If memory serves, you have to wait till you're actually 17 to apply.

Just give your traffic department a call and ask to make sure...it can't hurt

I also think you must be 17 before you apply.

Seeing as it doesn't take so long to get a booking (sometimes under 3 months) and depending where you stay, it can be even shorter with the end of the centralised booking thingy (I'm not sure if it effects just drivers booking or learners aswell)

I think you have to be 17 already, bookings are pretty quick these days, my brother wrote within a week of booking here in durban
    Gigabyte G31 | Intel Q6600@3.0ghz | kingston Hyper X DDR2 CL4 | XFX GTX260 Black Edition

Grandmaster

When I wrote my learner's test a few years back you had to be 17 at the time of application, but when I did my driver's they let me apply several weeks in advance. Initially it was only because the call centre system wouldn't accept bookings from under 17/18s, so perhaps with them having reverted back to manual bookings at each station you might be able to as long as you book for a date after your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    If memory serves, you have to wait till you're actually 17 to apply.

Just give your traffic department a call and ask to make sure...it can't hurt
    Oh it can, so bad...

i spoke to a friend ealier, and he said that he applied while he was 16 and wrote it on his 17th birthday