Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodacom 3G|HSDPA Software [VMC & drivers] for 64bit Windows & Vista

Question Vodacom 3G|HSDPA Software [VMC & drivers] for 64bit Windows & Vista

Hi!

I have a 64bit opertaing system and I was wondering if there is any software available for Windows profesional 64x, since the software (V5.0) that came with my card, does not install properly on my opereating system.

Thanks!

Vodacom Representative

I've asked and will revert.

Have you tried Biometrics' dialer? Have a look in the stickies....

Linux Guru

Shouldn't the driver also run in 64bit ?

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g
    I've asked and will revert.

Have you tried Biometrics' dialer? Have a look in the stickies....

The problem is the driver. I also have a Windows XP 64bit, and I am not able to use my HSDPA card. Thus far I have not been able to locate a 64bit driver for the Huawei E620.

If anybody out there has a driver, please post here to let us know!

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Post 64-bit Version of Mobile Connect???

I've been looking everywhere for drivers or something to get my 3g/hsdpa working under windows x64, to no avail.

Vodafone mobile connect wont even install under the os, and i am assuming this is because the drivers it installs for the card are 32-bit.

I would really like to get this up and running soon, I'm sure vodafone have thought of releasing a 64-bit application, when other major companies are already releasing drivers for Vista????

tim

my setup:

amd 64 3000+
    windows x64 (cant remember the release now, but its the latest release)
    huawei e620 datacard

Its doubtful another application will work, the physical drivers for the card need to be 64-bit compliant.

Default 3G data card problem

Help Please! I am in the process of upgrading my ladtop from XP to XP 64. During the process and confusion between moving and reloading sofware under my new operation system it seems as though I have inserted my 3G data card before ensuring that the cd with the sofware was loaded in its entirety. Now the software will not function correctly....any ideas on how to solve this problem, thx.

Vodacom Representative

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    Help Please! I am in the process of upgrading my ladtop from XP to XP 64. During the process and confusion between moving and reloading sofware under my new operation system it seems as though I have inserted my 3G data card before ensuring that the cd with the sofware was loaded in its entirety. Now the software will not function correctly....any ideas on how to solve this problem, thx.
    Probably not your doing, I understand the current version of the VMC don't run on 64bit OS. But will make sure and hopfully get a date.

XP 64bit Edition is dead ... Vista is their 64 bit solution.

So where to from here ........surely Vodacom have sofware available for Xp 64bit systems. Is is worth my while to check on the US/Uk websites for the drivers and software. I simply want 3G/HSDPA access on my laptop (XP 64 Bit) and can't seem to get any joy from anyone. Some info please......

I have searched the entire huawei website for the drivers, and posted on their forum (which isn't as effective as the myadsl forum by a long shot.) still haven't received any word back from them or the forum, looks like we dead in the water for the moment - i'm sure the vista drivers which should be released shortly will be compatible with win x64 (i hope). if anybody gets a hold of something please post it asap, will really appreciate it.

Default Windows Vista and Vodafone Software

Installed Windows Vista (Beta 2) over the weekend on my slaptop but when trying to install the Vodafone HSDPA software I got an error " WinNT 4 not supported" . Anybody have ideas when the software will be upgraded to support Vista.....

Thks

Master

You don't really need the software to use the card on the network unless you want to utilise the sms functions of the program. Data usage, you can monitor with a program like DUmeter. All you need is the drivers for card from the VMC software. You'll find the drivers in directory that VMC is installed to. You'll obviously have to install the software under XP first. But of course this all depends on whether the driver works under Vista. Infact Vista should have a generic driver for the card built in.
    -------==I like to moveNETWORK TIMEOUT.....it, move it, you like to,NETWORK TCP_ERROR.....MOVEDISCONNECTED IT>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew20 View Post
    Installed Windows Vista (Beta 2) over the weekend on my slaptop but when trying to install the Vodafone HSDPA software I got an error " WinNT 4 not supported" . Anybody have ideas when the software will be upgraded to support Vista.....

Thks
    You probably won't get drivers until Vista is out of Beta.
    =================================

Default Smashboard Software

Before i confuse Windows Vista RC1 even more, let me ask can I install it on Windows Vista.
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast