Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Salary payout after resignation

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Salary payout after resignation

Good day all,

New here and second post.

I just have a question.
    I resigned from my job to start another one. Notice period is calender month. I resigned in middle october and being calender month, my last day would be 30 November.

Now, come 25th Nov, will i get anything paid out ? Or how does it work ? Not very clued up on these things to be honest.

thanks
    SEF

You should get your full salary for November, plus/minus any adjustments for leave, etc.
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Super Grandmaster

Companies can pay you on your last day, and can get paid by cheque as well...its best to ask them
    leave and deductions should also be part of the final pay amount
    Oh when the Saints, go marching in,
    Oh when the Saints go marching in,
    I want to be in that number,
    Oh when the Saints go marching in...

Grandmaster

There is quite a bit of negatiation space when resigning.

The contract and law defines the worst option possible.

But with nice negotiations, you might be able to take your leave, rather than having your employer pay it out (and being taxed to death on it).

Last days at any job is getting more unconfortable for both sides, as you have to finish what you are doing, but can't take on anything.
    South Africa needs World Class Broadband at World Competitive Prices.

You would usually get paid on the last day of the month , months salary + leave - anything you owing to them.

you will get paid on the last day as they want you to work until the end and not just take the money on the 25th

If you don't owe them any money then it is pretty straight forward.

1. You will receive your normal salary on your last working day.
    2. Any other money due to you will be paid via cheque within a few weeks of you leaving (or on your last day if they are jacked up).

If you owe them money, it could be a bit more complicated as they could withhold your last salary to settle any monies owed to them and only pay you after all accounts have been reconciled. This could be 2 or 3 weeks after your last day of service. You can influence this process by ensuring that your HR/Payroll manager do these recons prior to your last day and by constantly reminding them!

does this company's payroll run from 25th-25th or 30th-30th? because if they're running to 25-25 and you leave on the 30th, there's going to be an additional payment for you the following month - you should leave on the 25th.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks to all for the responses.

@Chicken Boo: I asked them, and they said i am being paid for the full month until the 30th, even though salaries are being paid on the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Boo View Post
    does this company's payroll run from 25th-25th or 30th-30th? because if they're running to 25-25 and you leave on the 30th, there's going to be an additional payment for you the following month - you should leave on the 25th.
    You don't start a job on the 26th, you start it on the 1st.

Master

When I resigned earlier this year I got paid on 30 September instead of the 25th. My leave days were also paid out to me.

Normally a company will pay you up to the 30/31st on the 25th. So when you resign they will pay out your monies/salary on the last working day of the month including your leave due minus any money owing them.

I got pulled a fast one as the fees for a course I done a few weeks ago got deducted from my salary this month.

The last few days at a company is a nightmare. A project I was helping out with needed to be completed in a few weeks time, but now I am being pushed to do the bulk of the work before I leave. I'm glad I only have 3 more days left here.

Quote Originally Posted by marco79 View Post
    The last few days at a company is a nightmare. A project I was helping out with needed to be completed in a few weeks time, but now I am being pushed to do the bulk of the work before I leave. I'm glad I only have 3 more days left here.
    Things are definately getting awkward here at work. My boss is in the office next to mine and he e-mails me instead of calling me into his office for queries or discussions.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, got last payslip today, it reflects payment for remainder of leave days as well. Schweet.