Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Campers attacked with panga and picks

Post Campers attacked with panga and picks

Source: News24
    A woman’s ear was nearly chopped off and her arm broken when she fought to protect her family from four men armed with a panga and pick handles.

While Jackie Coomber, 38, was wrestling with the attackers, her wife, 37-year-old Tessa de Villiers, covered their sons, Anton de Villiers and Martin Matthee, both aged 13, with her body to protect them and keep them calm.

The family from Brits were attacked while they were asleep in their tent at the Trans Magalies caravan park on Friday night.
    De Villiers said a police official who was also camping there called the police, but they never showed up.

“Both the Brits police and the Hartbeespoort police refused to let me report the incident.

“At the Brits police station, a police official told me they don’t have any stationery, and that I can’t report the incident on behalf of Jackie - who was sedated at the time - anyway.

“I went to the Brits police station with a journalist from the local newspaper, the Brits Pos, on Monday. It was only then that they finally helped me.

“The police took Jackie’s statement that same afternoon,” De Villiers said.

Brigadier Mokhele Seboloki, station commander, earlier told Beeld they are investigating charges of armed robbery and attempted murder.

The attackers fled with three cellphones and De Villiers’ car keys.

Super Grandmaster

Yeah just read this on News24. Cant say anything other than absolutely shocking that it happened, shocking that the police couldnt/wouldnt deal with it and basically completely unacceptable.
    "We live in a monetary paradigm that demands infinite growth, so balance is not possible." Michael C. Ruppert

If incidences like this increase, we won't even be able to enjoy the great outdoors any more

^^ which then Makes SA a real dump of a place to live in ^^

Super Grandmaster

Police fail.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Thumbs down Time

People have to understand -- the time has now come when the Haan , the Sanna , and the Roer must be dusted off.

The only effective way to protect yourself is to shoot these fackers DEAD

Unfortunately it appears that this is the ONLY language they understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyfeather View Post
    ^^ which then Makes SA a real dump of a place to live in ^^
    Couldn't agree more!

Super Grandmaster

It's redistribution of wealth, silly.

On a more serious note, this is plain disgusting ... I suppose this is what happens when have an under-funded police force...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Why is your name Polish? You are not black?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    On a more serious note, this is plain disgusting ... I suppose this is what happens when have an under-funded police force...
    But using stationary as an excuse? Isn't that going a bit too far?
    Maybe we should create a "Criminal Case Reporting Kit", which includes:
    • Stationary
    • Petrol can
    • Voucher for car hire
    • Ammunition for standard issue Police pistol.

A Djinn

I suspect a hint of homophobia in the police. They would usually do things like this.
    Villain, I have done thy mother.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    I suspect a hint of homophobia in the police. They would usually do things like this.
    Yeah, just noticed the names now. Odd that the one kid doesn't share a surname.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Master

Why would the police want to open a case against their own comrades and compatriots? And then they are expected to work as well.

Had to get a document certified recently at the local SAPS station. Was about midmorning - was impressed with the condition of the majority of officers - they are well-rounded and quite portly. Most of the chairs they were using to rest their ample backsides on were straining to accommodate the load. And they were eating again - in the charge office. I can understand why it is difficult to catch criminals when it is difficult to walk and to get into a vehicle due to the size of the overfilled XXXXlarge pants! SAPS deserve our sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by VanZan View Post
    Had to get a document certified recently at the local SAPS station. Was about midmorning - was impressed with the condition of the majority of officers - they are well-rounded and quite portly. Most of the chairs they were using to rest their ample backsides on were straining to accommodate the load. And they were eating again - in the charge office. I can understand why it is difficult to catch criminals when it is difficult to walk and to get into a vehicle due to the size of the overfilled XXXXlarge pants! SAPS deserve our sympathies.

The fat ones are easily recoginzed outside of the station too. The stretch marks on the vehicles are a dead give away
    "The man who can't dance thinks the band is no good."
    ---Polish Proverb

This is disguisting and no excuse. This is one of the best rated camp sites in SA and not like the dodgy white trash ones by Damdoraan (8km away).
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Another day in south africa.
    Server Management & Maintainence, Web Development, CMS, SEO, Marketing and Reliable reseller & web hosting options.
    http://www.mediadevelopments.co.za