Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Who will run against Obama in 2012...

  1. #1
    Super Grandmaster Fazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Why not Zambia? or /\/\/\ ?
    Posts
    10,280
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Who will run against Obama in 2012...

    As the polls closed in elections across America on Tuesday night, the starting gun was being fired for another crucial contest: the race for the White House in 2012. Several leading Republicans already have months of campaigning behind them for their party's nomination, and the pace will rapidly pick up in a contest that promises to be among the longest and bloodiest in US presidential history. Here are the frontrunners:
    - Ed Pilkington

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...ntial-election

    Alan can even cut and paste the pictures of his future idols and use them as wall paper
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

    Flickr

  2. #2
    Super Grandmaster Nod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    7,012

    Default

    Depends, when the elections will be, because the end of 2012 is well ... the end :-p

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster HapticSimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    14,619

    Default

    Dark times ahead...
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

  4. #4

    Default

    Very dark, don't really favour any of the runners at all. If I had to pick....probably the 2 youngsters, just because I don't like Romney/Huckabee and loath Palin.

    I would definately be behind Rand for 2016 though.

  5. #5

    Default

    Mitt Romney for me along with Paul Ryan as chairman of the Budget Committee that should sort out their economic woes

    *Sigh*

    and here we're stuck with good leftists Zuma and Zille

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilD_CaT View Post
    Very dark, don't really favour any of the runners at all. If I had to pick....probably the 2 youngsters, just because I don't like Romney/Huckabee and loath Palin.

    I would definately be behind Rand for 2016 though.
    who is Rand and why?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phenom View Post
    who is Rand and why?
    son of Ron Paul

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Mitt Romney for me along with Paul Ryan as chairman of the Budget Committee that should sort out their economic woes

    *Sigh*

    and here we're stuck with good leftists Zuma and Zille
    the morman? In SA you can always vote for Mulder, he is quite right winged.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    the morman? In SA you can always vote for Mulder, he is quite right winged.
    So?

    Can't be any worse than the Christian nutcase currently in the white house.

    Trinity United Church of Christ
    Last edited by Alan; 05-11-2010 at 10:00 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So?

    Can't be any worse than the Christian nutcase currently in the white house.
    I guess America needs a poloygamist as well.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    son of Ron Paul
    Yup, someone who understands economics, is in favour of smaller government, is pro-market and is anti-war.

    He is not as consistant nor as anti-war as his dad, and I definately don't agree with everything he has to say, but someone like him needs to be in the White House.

    Otherwise I prob wouldn't get behind anyone. If I was an American I would probably not vote.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilD_CaT View Post
    Yup, someone who understands economics, is in favour of smaller government, is pro-market and is anti-war.

    He is not as consistant nor as anti-war as his dad, and I definately don't agree with everything he has to say, but someone like him needs to be in the White House.

    Otherwise I prob wouldn't get behind anyone. If I was an American I would probably not vote.
    how does not voting solve anything?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    how does not voting solve anything?
    Basically the non-voters are the oustiders. They basically can become a very powerful swing vote if they do decide to vote.

    The point is non-voters scare politicians, they aren't part of any party, they are difficult to attract to vote for you, yet if they wanted they can swing a campaign.

    Not voting sends a message. Put it this way, if you have 2 bad choices, if you you pick one basically it sends the same message as approving what he/she stands for.

    Not voting says we do not approve of what you stand for, but we will vote for someone who we do approve of.

    Swing votes a powerful thing, particular in a tight race, which I think the next election will be.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •