Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Kidney stones advice

Default Kidney stones advice

Hi Guys,
    ok around a month ago i had these terrible throbbing pains which felt like my appendix. I would then vomit and the pain would go. It came back 2 weekends ago and this time i decided to go to the doctor.
    he said it definetely wasn't my appendix but he did notice blood in my urine so he suspected kidney stones.i was sent for a sonar and x-rays.no clear stones were found and i was sent back to the doc.
    he has now put me on a anti-biotic for 5 days but i don't think its an infection or anything that the pills will clear.ive read up on kidney stones and it seems to be them for sure.i get pains on either right and left kidney and they are extremely sharp at times.my lower back also comes up with random pains.

does anyone know what the best advise next would be? he said he can send my results to a urologist.
    have been reading up on kidney cleanses and there are some crazy suggestions.read up on coke and asparagus... well i just want to know if there is medication i can take to break the 'stones' down and pass them . i did experience a stone about 3-4 years back and recall it passing through once...man that pain was intense.any advice on what i can try next or what the doc will suggest ...because there were no stones found in the x-ray... but i definetely know something is fooked

Drink lots of water and lots of beer... Beer dehydrates the body. You will thus flush your whole system by drinking lots of water
    May the wors be with you

There's some pretty sound advice here: http://www.diethealthclub.com/health...ones/diet.html
    You are Unique, Just like Everybody else !

kidney stones are not very cool.

you can have gravel as well. hurts like hellp but not as bad as a fully formed stone.

Just drink lots of beer (it works) and water. I had a tea made with watermellon seed... however i cannot proove that it cleared it.

yeah it's weird..doc says my new urine sample shows no signs of blood but i still have a pretty slight numb feeling in my left hand side kidney area. i just hope citro soda clears my system up. these internal issues are scary... don't know when something will just go pop

Man the thought makes me cringe... never got em thankfully, but housemate did and he ended up having to get an operation to remove them.

Goto go easy on the coffee maybe heard thats a huge factor in getting the stones, could be wrong.
    -=Dont steal, the government hates competition=-

Well just hope that the stone doesn't drop down to your Gallbladder and get stuck there and they have to remove it (whole Gallbladder) which is what happened to me

I had kidney stones about 2 years ago, resulted from losing too much weight and drinking little to no water. The fat and sugar literally condensed into a solid mass and I had to get pewpew'd from a laser to fix it, was fun though! The laser, not the pissing out chunks of sharply serrated kidney stones, that hurt like fsck.

Water, beer, lemon water

I had kidney stones in April this year. Doctor gave me buscopan for it and told me to drink lots of fluids.

Cranberry juice is actually quite good at preventing kidney stones (or so I heard).

Good luck with the pain. I know that its hell!

Quote Originally Posted by gboy View Post
    kidney stones are not very cool.

you can have gravel as well. hurts like hellp but not as bad as a fully formed stone.

Just drink lots of beer (it works) and water. I had a tea made with watermellon seed... however i cannot proove that it cleared it.

Beers work, lots of it, Castle or black label, not the mild stuff. sorted my brother and another friend in no time (both are non drinkers)

Man, I feel so sorry for you.

Been there, done that, felt like dying and will never wish this upon anyone,

As already suggested --> Beer and lots of water.
    I banned DJ...
    You banned DJ...
    We all banned DJ...

I think they give you meds to try dissolve it first and if that doesn't work an op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Quote Originally Posted by dualmeister View Post
    Well just hope that the stone doesn't drop down to your Gallbladder and get stuck there and they have to remove it (whole Gallbladder) which is what happened to me
    Kidney stones ≠ gallstones.

Kidney stones form in the kidney; gallstones form in the gallbladder. Kidney stones won't "drop down to your gallbladder and get stuck"