Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Default Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Hi

I have a microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard from a while back and i lost the cd that came with it and the usb, i bought an ordinary usb dongle and the pc doesnt recognise the keyboard or mouse, is it cos i have to get a microsoft usb? or am i doing something wrong? My nephew set it up for me before, then i got a laptop, now the lt is broken so im back to the pc ....

You should be able to download the drivers off the Microsoft website.
    https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/m...d/default.mspx
    Not to worry - Afrihost has my back!!!

The usb dongle and the kb and mouse should be on the same frequency otherwise they won't connect. If it is a bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse it should work with a generic dongle. But normal old wireless keyboards might need the specific MS usb. Have you tried googling whether MS keyboards are compatible with any specific generic wireless dongles?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

The chances of the keyboard and mouse working with a standard BlueTooth device are next to none, like SerenePhoenix said.
    I have a Logitech keyboard and it has its down BT receiver and it's not compatible with other BT devices, except for other Logitech BT devices.