Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Corrupt Traffic Cops

Super Grandmaster

Default Corrupt Traffic Cops

Woot - Number One again with the most bribes paid to the traffis. Go Joeys.

I also can't seem to get over just how idiotic John Robbie is over the matter. His self-righteous view is that the people who pay the bribes are just as guilty. I thought he was going to throw a wobbly when Mandy Weiner was spelling out just how corrupt the cops are.

And if you are going to bring the top porker on the radio with promises about disciplinary action, take the time to ask him about the Metro cops who shot at the SAPS.

Let's just clear things up. If I offer the plod money to avoid a fine that is bribery. If the cop offers to throw me in jail unless I cough up the dosh, that's extortion.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Hell, bribing a cop is hell of a lot more convenient than spending a night in jail, appearing in court and potentially losing my license. So lets not point a finger at the cops alone, as we are more than willing to cough up the cash if we have done wrong...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sox63 View Post
    Hell, bribing a cop is hell of a lot more convenient than spending a night in jail, appearing in court and potentially losing my license. So lets not point a finger at the cops alone, as we are more than willing to cough up the cash if we have done wrong...

+1

It seems a lot of people see nothing wrong in drinking and driving.
    Last edited by dlk001; 15-11-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by dlk001 View Post
    +1

Quite right - lots don't. Part of the culture or any number of other excuses.

However. Not in all cases are both parties guilty. I am sure that there are a few cases where the motorist initiates and bribes the plods. Am am sure that there are more cases where both parties are 'happy' with the mutual arrangement regarding a 'spot' fine. But I am sure that there are plenty of cases where the threat of a night in jail, or a weekend, is used to extort the fee from the motorist Worryingly this seems to be targetted at single, female drivers.

And Robbie misses the point and slaps all with the same tar brush.

Yes, we could decided that all crime is bad. But we don't. Some crimes are worse than others and I'd start with extortion bearing in mind that there are always limiting constraints in terms of manpower.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

i stopped listening to 702 years ago purely because Robbie became way to much. His views on certain topics are beyond ridiculous.

I'm alone with this statement - but I find the limit too high *shrug*
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

+1

Trust in God and keep your powder dry.
    If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Slog View Post
    Be careful marine is one of the big boys around here.