Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting my new BB 9300 this week...."Im so excited.....and I just cant hide it!" :-)

Cool Getting my new BB 9300 this week...."Im so excited.....and I just cant hide it!" :-)

I am so flippen excited. I am still stuck with the Blackberry 8310. Got a Edgars gift card and had to decide whether I want a new phone or indulge and revamp my underwear drawer with CK onderbroeke. I opted for the Blackberry 9300 of course!!!

I cant wait. But out of interest.....have any of you guys tried the OS6 on the 9300 yet? I wonder how long it will be before Vodacom makes it available for the 9300. YAY!!!!!
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Why not the Torch?

The gift card is only for R4000.00....and the 9300 is R3700 @ Edgars. So I will have just enough left for a pack of CK undies :-)
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    The gift card is only for R4000.00....and the 9300 is R3700 @ Edgars. So I will have just enough left for a pack of CK undies :-)
    Lol cant argue with that.

Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa

Could still b a while before Vodacom releases it, just get the generic 1 from the BB site, then again just hooking it up to your PC with BBDM will automatically download the latest available version for your phone irrespective of provider.
    Vodacom has not even released updated version for the 8520, the phone ships with a newer version thats whats been "approved" by them, phones ship with latest vodafone approved version and they are actually on the ball with updates.
    Hauwei Ascend P6 4.4.2 OmniRom
    Nexus 7 | CM11
    Reme Le Hane | Portfolio | LinkedIn | Tumblr

Default Don't go for the 9300, go 9700 at least

Well I know how you feel from the 8310 (I had the pearl) to the 9300 but the 9300 aint worth it. Basically its the clone of the 8520 spec for spec and all that's changes is 3g access over the edge and for that you will pay 1700 extra vs 1999 for the 8520.

The 9700 bold although is miles ahead. Better keypad. Divx support, better camera, and the list goes on and on. Also has 3g. I won't bother with the 9300 its 9700 or bust. The price for the 9700 should come down considering the 9780 will launch soon. Yes same as the 9700 but with 5mp camera and os6 the rest is the same.

The torch is crap, the keypad makes 90 percent of the phone rubbish and if you want a touchscreen spend that extra 2k to buy an iphone 3g from gumtree. Its leagues ahead. I played with the torch a bit. I happily gave it back to a friend.

9700 or bust. 9300 just 8520 with 3g nothing more.

Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Corelli View Post
    Well I know how you feel from the 8310 (I had the pearl) to the 9300 but the 9300 aint worth it. Basically its the clone of the 8520 spec for spec and all that's changes is 3g access over the edge and for that you will pay 1700 extra vs 1999 for the 8520.

The 9700 bold although is miles ahead. Better keypad. Divx support, better camera, and the list goes on and on. Also has 3g. I won't bother with the 9300 its 9700 or bust. The price for the 9700 should come down considering the 9780 will launch soon. Yes same as the 9700 but with 5mp camera and os6 the rest is the same.

The torch is crap, the keypad makes 90 percent of the phone rubbish and if you want a touchscreen spend that extra 2k to buy an iphone 3g from gumtree. Its leagues ahead. I played with the torch a bit. I happily gave it back to a friend.

You really need to check your facts before ranting, the 9300 simply looks like the 8520. It ships with the same keypad as the 9700. It ships with a faster processor (624Mhz over 512Mhz), The Bold has the better camera, more ram/rom and a higher quality screen. The 9300 is a merger of both the 8520 and 9700 while keeping it a cost effective solution for those on tight budgets.

As for the iphone, thats a joke, adding 2k in to get that he would be better off using that 6k as fire lighters, its much more constructive use of the money.
    Hauwei Ascend P6 4.4.2 OmniRom
    Nexus 7 | CM11
    Reme Le Hane | Portfolio | LinkedIn | Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CranialBlaze View Post
    You really need to check your facts before ranting, the 9300 simply looks like the 8520. It ships with the same keypad as the 9700. It ships with a faster processor (624Mhz over 512Mhz), The Bold has the better camera, more ram/rom and a higher quality screen. The 9300 is a merger of both the 8520 and 9700 while keeping it a cost effective solution for those on tight budgets.

As for the iphone, thats a joke, adding 2k in to get that he would be better off using that 6k as fire lighters, its much more constructive use of the money.
    Thanks guys. Appreciate your input etc. But like cranial said....it is for guys like me that has got a certain amount to spend and no more. I had a quick look at my friends 9300 and I like it a lot. I was a bit surprized that it does not have a flash, but then again I very seldom take pictures. What is more important to me is that I can afford it, it has 3G and GPS. If it aint got GPS I dont want it! :-)

Is the iPhone really R2,000.00 more than the Torch? :/

I've got the Torch and very happy with it.

Yes - there are build and quality issues, but if you get a decent one they're fantastic phones. I find no issue with they keyboard and the touch screen is great. I had touchscreen/QWERTY on every phone I've had (barring the Bold) and it's a great addition.
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

If the Bold 9700 was R3700 then it would have been the better option, but it's not going for under R4k. Even when the new Bold comes out it will not drop to that range. That said I do feel that Edgars is charging about R500 too much for the 9300.

To load OS6 onto the 9300 should not be a problem. Desktop Manager should do so by default. If not, it can be downloaded through links on CrackBerry.com. There are a few tricks to do the upgrade in this manner (untick auto update in Desktop Manager and deleting the vendor file, etc).

Re the Torch, I'm never keen on phones with mechanical mechanisms (sliding keyboard, etc). Why the Bold is my first choice phone ... proper keyboard on one solid one-piece device that can handle the knocks of everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by BeVonk! View Post
    I would not trust that. I checked on my pricelist now and that is below cost! Must be grey stock and will most likely not have warranty etc on it. Besides, I have a Edgars voucher so can only get it from them. I went there yesterday to see if they have stock...they dont.....the guy said they should be getting it tomorrow or Friday. I told him I want a Vodacom issued BB 9300 and NOT from any of the other two operators! If there is a just a hint of Cell C or MTN in that phone I will bring it back and shove it up his anoos till a Vodacom issued 9300 comes out of his mouth! hehe. I want a phone that is covered by the 2 year Vodacom warranty! Nothing else! :-)

Bold 9700 going for R4305 at same shop. R1300 price difference. Is the larger screen worth it? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by BeVonk! View Post
    Re the Torch, I'm never keen on phones with mechanical mechanisms (sliding keyboard, etc). Why the Bold is my first choice phone ... proper keyboard on one solid one-piece device that can handle the knocks of everyday use.
    Totally agree with you.

I was disappointed to learn it was a slide phone rather than chocolate bar design.

However - I had to try it out and it's not too bad. I've got my BB9700 if I need to ever go back.
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast