Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Cellc 3G - How is the new service?

Default Cellc 3G - How is the new service?

Cellc has recently extended its coverage to the R/Bay area , I am contemplating signing up. How many forumites are currently using the service and how to you rate the service levels so far?
    "The success you are enjoying today is the result of the price you have paid in the past."

Well, my first week was fine. That was before they dropped coverage in my area and until today I do not have an answer why.

Black speedstick for sale. 59Gig available. Interested?

Quote Originally Posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Well, my first week was fine. That was before they dropped coverage in my area and until today I do not have an answer why.

Black speedstick for sale. 59Gig available. Interested?
    59GB for sale here as well, at edge speed (if it works) seven+ days after purchace! Keep your money safe in the bank, for heavens sake!

Blog Entries

notice how all the complainers have less than 10 forum posts

Look I tried the new network last month. I needed to get a highspeed data connection to play games (which happens to be one of the most strenous things you can do to a connection as you need a good speed, latency and also stabilty so you don't lag out) as I don't have adsl access at my new place.

I had used MTN/Vodacom/Iburst/neotel but they all failed, as I exerienced excessive lag and connection cuts.

My Cell C data bundle is performing very well in Umlazi, Section V (South of Durban in KZN). I use it for gaming on my Xbox 360 and PC and also downloading stuff (oh and psoting random stuf on forums). Alot of people are getting it and not getting signal. My suggestion: Check your coverage on the cell c website. If you covered than try it out but remember thier is a handling fee attached to the bundle. Check the stickies for details. If you want to have recommendations check the following posts:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...d-Test-Results

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...3G-The-Verdict

But if you can get adsl get it as no wireless connection will ever replace adsl. Check the mweb and afrihost shaped uncapped lines for approximately R215.00

Edit: Thier also were issues were sims would not work because cell c was not properly configuring them but that was 2 months back right now that's not an issue (seeing as how no one has complained about it recently)
    Last edited by MightyMuffinMan; 17-11-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added more info

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMuffinMan View Post
    notice how all the complainers have less than 10 forum posts

Look I tried the new network last month. I needed to get a highspeed data connection to play games (which happens to be one of the most strenous things you can do to a connection as you need a good speed, latency and also stabilty so you don't lag out) as I don't have adsl access at my new place.

I had used MTN/Vodacom/Iburst/neotel but they all failed, as I exerienced excessive lag and connection cuts.

My Cell C data bundle is performing very well in Umlazi, Section V (South of Durban in KZN). I use it for gaming on my Xbox 360 and PC and also downloading stuff (oh and psoting random stuf on forums). Alot of people are getting it and not getting signal. My suggestion: Check your coverage on the cell c website. If you covered than try it out but remember thier is a handling fee attached to the bundle. Check the stickies for details. If you want to have recommendations check the following posts:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...d-Test-Results

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...3G-The-Verdict

But if you can get adsl get it as no wireless connection will ever replace adsl. Check the mweb and afrihost shaped uncapped lines for approximately R215.00

Edit: Thier also were issues were sims would not work because cell c was not properly configuring them but that was 2 months back right now that's not an issue (seeing as how no one has complained about it recently)
    What does number of posts have to do with a complaint?

On my (very expensive) MTN 3G connection I run a PS3 game (MAG), Wife plays Pigs, daughter facebooks and what else, and Windows 7 plus all other software updates! Try the CellC dongle and something as simple as email becomes a mission. Supply what you advertise!

Handling fee only applicable in the first seven days.

Well, I got mine on the coast and came back to jhb and have been using it quite well....strange thing...I actually managed to squeeze 6 gig outta this months 5 gig allocation. It just kep going and going until it hit 6 gig and then stopped

Blog Entries

I'm currently testing it an area with a lot of high rise buildings and so far-zippo.I'm not surprised as I got zippo from vodacom and iburst as well.Surprisingly BIS works fine.Will test it in Bedfordview later.Singh sorry if this doesn't help your cause -just thought I'd post general info.
    Last edited by wise_guy; 18-11-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Well it seems where coverage extends fairly well, then user's are happy. Some are clearly pi$$ed of thou ...
    "The success you are enjoying today is the result of the price you have paid in the past."

Grandmaster

On a realted note.. can we get a prepaid card or something to test the signal out in the area?

I don't want to commit without seeing good speeds with my own eyes.

Just bought myself a 2 & 5gig package from CellC in Eastage. Will post speed test and give a rundown on how it performs.