Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Got GPS in your vehicle ?- Warning!

Default Got GPS in your vehicle ?- Warning!

I then placed a call to my insurance agent and explained it to him I was puzzled that they left my GPS and all other belongings. Here is where it gets scary !

"Now they know what you drive, go to your home, and if your vehicle isn't there they assume you aren't and break in your home."
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Super Grandmaster

bekdik has been taken over by a bot?

http://www.google.co.za/search?q=I+t...ient=firefox-a
    Perhaps it's time we took a contract out on Murphy.

Ha! I love the way the Snopes people assume thieves will only break into your house if they know there's no-one home. They obviously don't live in SA
    Think for yourself, Question authority, Know what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by davemc View Post
    bekdik has been taken over by a bot?

http://www.google.co.za/search?q=I+t...ient=firefox-a
    Wow, good observation, that is very weird
    If the answer isn't beer. Then you are asking the wrong questions

Thanks for that.

I did try snopes - about 4 different variations - and got nothing. The mail I got was via a a neighbour hood watch and also here http://www.zoopedup.com/profiles/gar...ser=Phoenix_GP
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

Super Grandmaster

its coommon sense not to put your real home location on your gps
    i use the closest petrol station

In SA they prefer that you are home when they raid you - because the alarm is typically off then, and you can open the safe for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Besides why would they need an address to rob? I mean, what difference does it make?

What if they pitch up at your house only to see armed guards 24x7 and 6 metre high walls? They'll find easier targets.

The thing about housebreaking is that there are so many targets with high value goods inside, that they would rather probably pick a lower risk target than go after the guy who had a GPS in his car. Not to mention, having a GPS is not indicative of having millions of rands lying around in your place, it just means you have a GPS. A lot of people might have really valuable stuff, like high end TVs, but not a GPS. Typically the older crowd for instance. Why then go after GPS users?

Maybe its common sense to eliminate a risk simply by not capturing a home address, but it seems like fear mongering to me. Its information, but I'm not convinced that a burgler would want to use it.