Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicians' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    Awesome, I'd love to be able to work on speakers other than battered Logitechs.

What sort of music do you predominantly work on?
    Well, I used to have lots of hand-me-downs and junk, eventually a nice amp I had died (Thanks Eskom) and after having it fixed it just didn't sound the same so I broke out and spent about R6k on studio monitors.. they also make great toys for gaming.. Half Life 2 and Crysis in particular.. phoosh!

Heya,

I have been writing anything and everything since around 92, using software like the awesome Scream Tracker, Impulse Tracker, Fruity Loops, and lately - Renoise (www.renoise.com) go look, and buy it. Been tracking under the name of Elemental the whole time, so there are plenty of my tunes all over the interwebs on a google search of elemental+S3m+.it

I have 3 tracks up on Soundcloud which I'd be happy for anyone to hear, comments welcome on the site or here

I use Roland Midi Keyboard, some Korg Nano****rols and pads and a Presonus Firebox external sound card.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by luxe View Post
    Heya,

I have been writing anything and everything since around 92, using software like the awesome Scream Tracker, Impulse Tracker, Fruity Loops, and lately - Renoise (www.renoise.com) go look, and buy it. Been tracking under the name of Elemental the whole time, so there are plenty of my tunes all over the interwebs on a google search of elemental+S3m+.it

I have 3 tracks up on Soundcloud which I'd be happy for anyone to hear, comments welcome on the site or here

I use Roland Midi Keyboard, some Korg Nano****rols and pads and a Presonus Firebox external sound card.
    Ur hardstyle stuff is a little crazy for me...but i enjoyed ur trance mix on ultimix a few months ago
    He gets the ball, he takes the piss
    He wears the shirt of Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert Southampton goal machine

I think it is time to learn some rammstien riffs
    "Less Sodom and more Gamora"
    Zap

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by seventhson View Post
    I think it is time to learn some rammstien riffs
    I think you might be disappointed...if its anything like the drumming, u will prob fall asleep playing it

Quote Originally Posted by tau1z View Post
    I think you might be disappointed...if its anything like the drumming, u will prob fall asleep playing it
    Well it is a little too simple I must admit. I am just so damn excited for the concert
    "Less Sodom and more Gamora"
    Zap

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by seventhson View Post
    Well it is a little too simple I must admit. I am just so damn excited for the concert
    damn straight...cant wait...
    besides, the riff's sound awesome when cranked up nice and loud!!!

Thought I'd share this here. I think these speakers could be useful for anyone making music that cannot afford R5000 KRK Rockits etc., and cannot cope with boomy Logitechs and such (I still love Logitech for making generally great listening speakers).

These are the Krator Neso-02-500 which retail at about R700. Pretty awesome speakers with a similar make up to that of studio monitors, in that it has separate drivers for treble/mid/bass.

Pic - http://rss.frontosacpt.co.za/2010/10/21000522/blank.jpg - it's a little big to embed.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    After testing and wearing them in, I can definitely recommend these speakers! Had Z4s to compare them with. Listened to a variety of music (IDM/glitch, post-rock, rock, indie, dubstep, classical-influenced) and played a game of Starcraft 2. Will do a more in-depth review in a new thread soon.

All in all, I was sad going back to my Z4s. Music experience is much better on the Krators, without a doubt. Will be ordering mine on Monday.

I'll start with the negatives:

-Left speaker's mid driver did not work properly out of the box. After re-plugging it in, it was 100%. I felt a bit sceptical at that point!

-Volume controls (as well as bass and treble) on the side of the right speaker. A remote would have been great (so used to having one). One would have to use software/keyboard/etc. volume controls unless they lean forward to adjust the volume on the speaker.

-The 4" sub drivers do not produce deep bass that some genres would demand, especially DnB, dubstep ,hip-hop etc., although mostly the bass is above acceptable. The difference in longer bass notes was especially noticeable, although I am used to my boomy Logitech Z4 sub which handles low, long bass much better (due to being 2.1 and the sub being a few inches bigger I guess).

-Driver finishes could be better. Of course, they are no KRK Rockits though.

-Cabling could be a bit thicker.

-No speaker covers (black ones would be nice) although the look did grow on me.

-Regarding warranty, the info seemed to made it clear that speakers are normally repaired instead of swapped-out. Not sure how accurate that is, but I know that Logitech would swap out with no questions asked.

And the positives:

-Music listening is a lot better than 2.1. You really notice the difference that the mid drivers make, the fuller sound. I heard sounds and melodies that I had not heard before on the Z4s.

-Excellent for Starcraft 2 and games that aren't too bass-heavy. I really enjoyed the sounds and directional accuracy in the game I played. FPSes and other bassy games would be a lot more immersive with 2.1. For games that don't need too much bass, Then I think these would be fantastic.

-Very accurate tweeters and treble can be adjusted. I kept it at half-way.

-Bass can be adjusted, also kept at half-way.

-Well built and they feel solid.

-RCA inputs.

-Line in on side of right speaker for iPods etc.

-Good packaging.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    Thought I'd share this here. I think these speakers could be useful for anyone making music that cannot afford R5000 KRK Rockits etc., and cannot cope with boomy Logitechs and such (I still love Logitech for making generally great listening speakers).

These are the Krator Neso-02-500 which retail at about R700. Pretty awesome speakers with a similar make up to that of studio monitors, in that it has separate drivers for treble/mid/bass.

Pic - http://rss.frontosacpt.co.za/2010/10/21000522/blank.jpg - it's a little big to embed.
    Nice, I heard Samson also make some nice stuff for a decent price too.

Grandmaster

Thanks for starting this thread Copacetic - it's overdue. Nice to have a place to discuss musicianitis on mybb :-)

here's a link to my sound "blog" which is just basically unfinished stuff that i'm working on or i've just forgotten about:
    http://soundcloud.com/sound-blog

and here's an audio mix that i use for showreel purposes:

http://soundcloud.com/scoremachine

Viva the musicians thread!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    Nice, I heard Samson also make some nice stuff for a decent price too.
    samson is really good for the price, so are some (not all) of the behringer monitors. Ultimately though you don't wanna go without decent monitors if mixing is something you take seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by assagai View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread Copacetic - it's overdue. Nice to have a place to discuss musicianitis on mybb :-)

here's a link to my sound "blog" which is just basically unfinished stuff that i'm working on or i've just forgotten about:
    http://soundcloud.com/sound-blog

and here's an audio mix that i use for showreel purposes:

http://soundcloud.com/scoremachine

Viva the musicians thread!
    Listening to Lizards, nice.

Who is singing?

*edit*

Enjoying 'FSFYFYM' now.
    Last edited by copacetic; 22-11-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    glorp

So any website where we can upload my music to be streamed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsume View Post
    So any website where we can upload my music to be streamed?
    Try this, the free accounts should work, providing you don't have an inordinate amount of songs/traffic.
    glorp

I do a bit of trance production in my spare time. I run Cubase with some plugins and a Clavia Nord 2

This is one of the better tracks I have done

http://soundcloud.com/syrrano/syrran...s-original-mix

And this is a remix I've been working on recently for local Cape Town band Tailor Hill (It still needs some work though)

http://soundcloud.com/syrrano/tailor...ered-test-copy

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast