Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Musicians' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrano View Post
    I do a bit of trance production in my spare time. I run Cubase with some plugins and a Clavia Nord 2

This is one of the better tracks I have done

http://soundcloud.com/syrrano/syrran...s-original-mix

And this is a remix I've been working on recently for local Cape Town band Tailor Hill (It still needs some work though)

http://soundcloud.com/syrrano/tailor...ered-test-copy
    Dude this is sick! I like your drums and progressions. Could use your skills on this track.

http://snd.sc/dP8kzm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by assagai View Post
    Interesting selection, Copa.

Why get record and nuendo? In fact why nuendo? Cubase 5 is a lot cheaper and has 99% of nuendo's features, for music production you really don't need those extras.
    I would need something to run VSTs with, Nuendo, for no other reason other than the fairly arbitrary fact of me having vaguely used Cubase in the past and I had a guy waxing lyrical about Nuendo the other day to me. Cubase 5 would be just fine I am sure.

*edit*

I'd like something in the event of ever needing to try do anything with video, otherwise I'd use Reaper for VST's I reckon.
    Last edited by copacetic; 30-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    I would need something to run VSTs with, Nuendo, for no other reason other than the fairly arbitrary fact of me having vaguely used Cubase in the past and I had a guy waxing lyrical about Nuendo the other day to me. Cubase 5 would be just fine I am sure.

*edit*

I'd like something in the event of ever needing to try do anything with video, otherwise I'd use Reaper for VST's I reckon.
    Cubase and reaper both handle video, but given the price difference it's probably better to learn reaper - which is basically free until you decide to pay for it, is 64-bit, has a smaller memory/cpu footprint and really is a pretty full-featurd DAW.
    I think daw + vsts really is the way to go, reason and record are just too sonically limited to be anything other than a sketchpad (I hope this doesn't spark the old reason debate) but yeah, i said it :-)

Greetings, nice thread guys

Been dabbling with electronic music as a hobby for some time. First messed around with trackers in '93 with good old Modedit v1.0. Started by doing some cover songs to learn and eventually experimented with my own tracks. Moved on to Fastracker in the mid to late nineties, tried Madtracker for a few years but was really much more impressed with Renoise and that's what I still play around with.

I could probably still strum some chords with a guitar and play a bit on the piano but I've spent more time in the trancey side of things and I'm also into movie soundtracks / scores.

Unfortunately I have neglected my hobby with other priorities taking the lead the past decade so I haven't finished anything in recent times. However, here's something electronic I did back in 1999 with Fastracker:

http://www.quickshare.co.za/files/bm..._1999.mp3.html

Not sure what to classify it under, Trancedub or something lol. I have other tracks from that decade, I'm planning to put them up on a site of my own in the future and will maybe link here if there is interest.

Keep on rockin'
    tap.. tap.. is this thing on?

Quote Originally Posted by luxe View Post
    ^^Talent overload. Love youre work man! Are your glitches self made?
    Last edited by Clone of Figlio [2010-11-12T12:48]; 30-11-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimateX View Post
    Greetings, nice thread guys

Been dabbling with electronic music as a hobby for some time. First messed around with trackers in '93 with good old Modedit v1.0. Started by doing some cover songs to learn and eventually experimented with my own tracks. Moved on to Fastracker in the mid to late nineties, tried Madtracker for a few years but was really much more impressed with Renoise and that's what I still play around with.

I could probably still strum some chords with a guitar and play a bit on the piano but I've spent more time in the trancey side of things and I'm also into movie soundtracks / scores.

Unfortunately I have neglected my hobby with other priorities taking the lead the past decade so I haven't finished anything in recent times. However, here's something electronic I did back in 1999 with Fastracker:

http://www.quickshare.co.za/files/bm..._1999.mp3.html

Not sure what to classify it under, Trancedub or something lol. I have other tracks from that decade, I'm planning to put them up on a site of my own in the future and will maybe link here if there is interest.

Keep on rockin'
    Very well arranged track. If you would allow positive critiscm from a layman in this genre and in the producing sense I would add some vox and maybe lower pads for an added bass effect. Other than that top notch track man.
    Last edited by Clone of Figlio [2010-11-12T12:48]; 30-11-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixa View Post
    ^^Talent overload. Love youre work man! Are your glitches self made?
    Thanks Ixa, appreciate the compliment. Yeah most of are self made, some are samples from sample packs that i have mutilated with VST's and effects, or even just noises i recorded from stuff around the house. (i think its flight 914, some of the toms are actually me hitting bottles and cans and tweaking the frequencies lol).

I really liked your track btw, construction was solid, melodies were catchy...a good solid track. (but I guess you saw my comment on Soundcloud).

Viva musicians thread Viva.

snip
    Your Future Crew influence is showing

Nice track, it needs some 3D Gouraud spheres

AnimateX - i felt the track really came alive at 3:50, it's like you waited all that time to get us there....nice bro, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilist View Post
    Your Future Crew influence is showing

Nice track, it needs some 3D Gouraud spheres
    Lol, funny you mention that, they definitely did inspire me to get into tracking. I still have collections of various .MOD and .S3M files lying around.

Thanks dude
    tap.. tap.. is this thing on?

Thanks Ixa, appreciate the compliment. Yeah most of are self made, some are samples from sample packs that i have mutilated with VST's and effects, or even just noises i recorded from stuff around the house. (i think its flight 914, some of the toms are actually me hitting bottles and cans and tweaking the frequencies lol).

I really liked your track btw, construction was solid, melodies were catchy...a good solid track. (but I guess you saw my comment on Soundcloud).

Viva musicians thread Viva.

Thats incredible man. Really loved the vocal pan effect you used on you've got the love. Thought somebody was standing behind me and singing . What is the name of the synth you use in the intro of Youve Got The Love?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixa View Post
    Thats incredible man. Really loved the vocal pan effect you used on you've got the love. Thought somebody was standing behind me and singing . What is the name of the synth you use in the intro of Youve Got The Love?
    That's a pad off an ancient roland synth i had lying around, it was even a .aif when i loaded it in to renoise...lol!

pm me if you want some samples

Lol, funny you mention that, they definitely did inspire me to get into tracking. I still have collections of various .MOD and .S3M files lying around.

Thanks dude
    Yeah, I grew up with all that, got a huge mod collection still, what software are you using? I use Renoise.

That's a pad off an ancient roland synth i had lying around, it was even a .aif when i loaded it in to renoise...lol!

pm me if you want some samples
    Will def take you up on that bro, very kind of you. Will gladly trade what I have as well. It would be awesome if we could have a Mybroadband Music competition just to give the musos exposure. It would be great.

Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 171819202666 ... LastLast