Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: New Gauteng Tollgate system

Default New Gauteng Tollgate system

What are your guys views on the new Gauteng toll gate system where you get charged 50c per KM traveled? I think it is insane and just another money making scheme as we are already paying our taxes for the the upkeep of the road etc.

What are your views on the matter?
    Last edited by uncapped_shady; 30-11-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Well afaik SANRAL is going to maintain the roads, so your taxes won't be paying for that. Well, atleast the gautrain is going to be there, and hopefully it will be as effective as promised.

If it was just the upkeep that would be a valid argument, but they are widening the road with one of more extra lanes, lighting it all the way, better and improved interchanges (meaning I don't have to sit in some ridiculious queue for half an hour to get onto or off the highway).

Except for this and last week where something is messing up the highway and causing a lot of slowness driving on it has been a breeze and I cant wait for them to finish the Nelmapius and Olifantsfontein bridgeworks.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

I have a problem that Taxi's aren't paying because they "public transport". They are the ones who mess up the road the most and who cause the most accidents.

Fantastic system, very well thought out. No doubt it will be a resounding success with millions of happy users.

50C - 75C get ready for life to becomealot more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    I have a problem that Taxi's aren't paying because they "public transport". They are the ones who mess up the road the most and who cause the most accidents.
    I'm not paying the tolls either, so what is your problem?

You do know that noone is paying toll fees currently for using the N1 or R21 in Gauteng, don't you? So obviously taxis are not paying, because no one is.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by zulgin View Post
    Sounds like an argument for the constitutional court
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Boo View Post
    Fantastic system, very well thought out. No doubt it will be a resounding success with millions of happy users.
    AG PLEASE!!!!

Tis just another way to handle the bad governance and piss poor upkeep of our road network. They tax upon tax upon tax the **** out of me and expect me to pay more road "taxes". This country is going to **** and some of you will take it with a smile. I pity you all who think this is "a great idea"!!!

I am definitely thinking of blowing up the first operational toll gate I come across. No jokes!
    Quote Originally Posted by markafghani View Post
    Thanks for nothing guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Boo View Post
    There will be traffic jams in the suburbs we all will be very happy
    Last edited by F111; 30-11-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Super Grandmaster

I'll wait for the bill to arrive - I can't remember who suggested it but by not signing up for the transponder or prepaying will mean that another government department will have to become efficient if they want to collect.

Just another Lead SA innitative.

The other ones I take part in are teaching motorists that fog lights should only be on when there is fog, that trying to push into traffic is rude, and over taking on a solid line can be hazardous to your health,

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by F111 View Post
    There will be taffic jams in the suburbs we all will be very happy
    Six lanes of highway with nobody using it? Sounds like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by 2scaly4j0o View Post

I am definitely thinking of blowing up the first operational toll gate I come across. No jokes!
    me had the same idea... keep on taking them down ... until the holding Co. gives up for a bad job..... and we have "free" roads again!

Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    Six lanes of highway with nobody using it? Sounds like a dream.
    A great dream, my drive to Midrand should take about 20 minutes, not the 50 to 60 it does now...
    Boycott MWEB
    2. Cancellation form

I really feel that they could have used the millions it cost them to put up these boom gates on other areas that really require attention. Like the widening of the roads and the lighting of the highways etc.
    I mean at the end of the day think about how people are going to suffer that are already battling to put food on their table. Some people travel from far just to get a job that pays enough for them to make a living, but now they will need to travel far just to get
    enough money to get to work never mind food on the table.It is rediculous i am telling you.Pure madness!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast