Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X1800XT Beats SLI With 2 7800GTXs

Default X1800XT Beats SLI With 2 7800GTXs

=====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Grandmaster

do u guys have any pics of da new cards?? - i wanna c some variety!

and is there any benchmarks score's of the cards?
    Too Damn Duidelik!

Try mega games (link above) should have some pics... Cards are pretty new so not to many benchmarks out there.
    =====
    If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down. What if they screamed all the time for no reason?
    =====

Grandmaster

12278 3dmark05 points ?
    wtf mine barely gets that in 3dmark01.
    Finaly some good news for ATi

It was pretty over clocked but i would like to see nvidia do that...
    =====
    =====

Grandmaster

I just hope the new ati XIxxx series midrange cards are good, theres no point me even lookin @ the high end ones, not going to fork out R6k for gfx

Quote Originally Posted by rburley
    I just hope the new ati XIxxx series midrange cards are good, theres no point me even lookin @ the high end ones, not going to fork out R6k for gfx
    The X1600XT performs good compared to the 6600GT but it is priced close to the 6800GT. Save up for the 6800GT. I promise you that you wont regret it.

Got better things to spend that kind of money on. Still happy with my 9800 XT cost me 2grand when i got it and it runs everything at high or close to it.
    =====
    =====

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo
    Got better things to spend that kind of money on. Still happy with my 9800 XT cost me 2grand when i got it and it runs everything at high or close to it.
    yeah i got 9600xt 256(overclocked), also runs most things @ high or close to it @ 1024*748 or whatever.
    The Radeon 9xxx cards are the best they hav made yet, they annihilated geforce 5xxx.
    @ angellus what do 6800gt's go 4?

yeah i got 9600xt 256(overclocked), also runs most things @ high or close to it @ 1024*748 or whatever
    Well if you do spend the cash just to put things in perspective the 6800GT's were twice as fast as the previous GEN ie. 5950Ultra/9800XT. I had the 5900Ultra so for me it was one mother of a jump in performance.

I would even wait a little longer for the 6800GT to drop in price even more. The X800XL is also a great card but I dont know the price on it.

yeah i got 9600xt 256(overclocked), also runs most things @ high or close to it @ 1024*748 or whatever.
    The Radeon 9xxx cards are the best they hav made yet, they annihilated geforce 5xxx.
    @ angellus what do 6800gt's go 4?
    I have heard you can get them for around R2000, sometimes less, and worth every penny.

Grandmaster

yeh thanx i will look in to it when i get my new PC

yeh thanx i will look in to it when i get my new PC
    Just had a look and the X800XL looks to be a little expensive. Only advice I can give is to wait a little longer and to shop around a lot for the best price.

i think i may only start considering a new card when the next gen come out... what ever and when that maybe... Just some of these cards seem over kill. i mean how much difference will u notice between a 6800 and a 7800 or sli 2x 6800 or 2x 7800... and nothing can really run those cards into the dust well nothing that a normal gamer has. It just seems its for the people that want a giant 3d mark 05 score to tell their friends about in computer sci class at school.
    =====
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Doo
    i think i may only start considering a new card when the next gen come out... what ever and when that maybe... Just some of these cards seem over kill. i mean how much difference will u notice between a 6800 and a 7800 or sli 2x 6800 or 2x 7800... and nothing can really run those cards into the dust well nothing that a normal gamer has. It just seems its for the people that want a giant 3d mark 05 score to tell their friends about in computer sci class at school.
    Trust me on this one going from a 9800XT to a 6800GT is one mother of a jump. Goin from 6800GT to 7800GT/GTX not so much. Also depends on what res you are running your games at. I run almost everything at 1600x1200 and nothing below 1280x960.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast