Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ford bantam fuel filter question

Grandmaster

Default ford bantam fuel filter question

does anyone drive a ford bantam...as one of the ladies in my team has one, and she has some sort of issue that requires her to change the air and fuel filter.

air filter is easy to change, and i would have thought the fuel filter as well, but according to her mechanic the fuel filter sits on a difficult place to change - thus he wants to charge her a lot to change it.

is this true?
    or where approximately is it located

i would have thought it's easy to change
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

you have to know the 5 "D"s of dodgeball;..dodge;.duck..dip;..dive and dodge

I do not own a ford bantam and am not a car genius, but know a little bit. The ford bantam should be fuel injection so there will be a fuel pump in the tank, then usually a fuel filter under the car, if you look under the car you will see 2 fuel lines, from previous experience they are normally blue pipes, follow them towards the rear and you should find a round object that they go into, that is your filter.

In case you are wondering there are 2 lines as one sends the fuel and the other is for the returning fuel that was pumped but not used by the injectors.

Also can you elaborate the problem a bit more, my opinion is that changing the 2 aren't going to solve the problem unless they were really filthy, like in never been changed in 5 years filthy.

i would take it somewhere else , i dont know anything about ford bantams , but i have changed my air filter and fuel filter before, took no more then 10 minutes. and the results of the diagnoses being she must change her air and fuel filter sounds like a shot in the dark if you ask me , but i wouldnt know about that
    We Are GENTOO!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    I do not own a ford bantam and am not a car genius, but know a little bit. The ford bantam should be fuel injection so there will be a fuel pump in the tank, then usually a fuel filter under the car, if you look under the car you will see 2 fuel lines, from previous experience they are normally blue pipes, follow them towards the rear and you should find a round object that they go into, that is your filter.

In case you are wondering there are 2 lines as one sends the fuel and the other is for the returning fuel that was pumped but not used by the injectors.

Also can you elaborate the problem a bit more, my opinion is that changing the 2 aren't going to solve the problem unless they were really filthy, like in never been changed in 5 years filthy.
    well, according to her the car has not had proper service in 3-4yrs as she is a single mom, and money is real tight. according to her, the bakkie splutters (if thats a word) when the accelerator is pressed almost like car would just before it runs out of petrol. the airfilter was dirty as hell, or still is, we cleaned out what we could with our fingers but this, and hopefully if its the fuel filter will be changed over the w'end

Quote Originally Posted by wizdumb View Post
    well, according to her the car has not had proper service in 3-4yrs as she is a single mom, and money is real tight. according to her, the bakkie splutters (if thats a word) when the accelerator is pressed almost like car would just before it runs out of petrol. the airfilter was dirty as hell, or still is, we cleaned out what we could with our fingers but this, and hopefully if its the fuel filter will be changed over the w'end
    did you clean the oil and replace the oil filter as well? and spark plugs? You might as well do it all at once, and if doing it yourself it isn't really that pricey.

Blog Entries

If it's a carb Bantam the fuel filter is down below the carb, to the right, looking at the engine. It's mounted on the firewall and apart from some skinned knuckles should be easy to change.

If this poor car hasn't been serviced in 3 years almost anything could cause it to splutter, but a decent service should do the trick.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    If it's a carb Bantam the fuel filter is down below the carb, to the right, looking at the engine. It's mounted on the firewall and apart from some skinned knuckles should be easy to change.

If this poor car hasn't been serviced in 3 years almost anything could cause it to splutter, but a decent service should do the trick.
    i think her's is fuel injection, then it doesn't have a carb does it?

Blog Entries

Obviously not
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

sorry I lol'd

Grandmaster

so i'm going with that D3x! said about the 2 fuel lines, although i'm not gonna down to the basement and get on the floor to see if it's true...so i just conveyed message

btw how difficult would it be to change the fuel filter, if a non-mechanical person would would try

so i'm going with that D3x! said about the 2 fuel lines, although i'm not gonna down to the basement and get on the floor to see if it's true...so i just conveyed message

btw how difficult would it be to change the fuel filter, if a non-mechanical person would would try
    It is fairly easy, just some clamps on the pipes.

Blog Entries

When you are down there, quickly check to see if it's fuel injection or not....

Flickr

Grandmaster

Please take a photo of that engine bay and post it here, I would like to see that mess. Not serviced for three to four years......eish.
    I will then post a photo how a twenty year old Jetta engine looks like and looked like all its life.
    Last edited by Stokstert; 15-12-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: To save my neck.......spelling corrected
    I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

Quote Originally Posted by Stokstert View Post
    Please take a photo of that engine bay and post it here, I would like to see that mess. Not serviced for three to four years......eish.
    I will then post a photo how a twenty year old Jetta engine looks like and looked like all its live.
    *life - sorry

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by D3x! View Post
    *life - sorry
    Two coffees with little bit of milk between them. \,/
    I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast