Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Coverage Queries

Lightbulb Coverage Queries

If you have questions about coverage in your area before purchasing Cell C mobile internet search this thread or post if no one has commented yet.

You can also post here if your area is listed as covered but you find that your signal is weak.

Cell C coverage map

Discussions on external antennas

LTE Coverage (December 2012)
    Last edited by ginggs; 19-12-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Default 2.5 MB

I am getting 2.5 MBit download in Milnerton area. And virtually nothing in Bothasig/Richwood. Also doing some tests

I was connected to CellC with a Huawei E1820 just about all weekend (Tableview area) without any problems whatsoever. Although I didn't bother to check the speed I noticed a 120Mb file took less than 3 minutes to download.
    I WHOOOSH!

Question Cell C 4G in Rustenburg

Good day,

I'm located in North West, Rustenburg.
    Does anyone know when 4G 21.6mbps will be available here?
    I'd like to buy the 60Gb package.

All the best,
    Antonie
    Good quality web software - Tribulant Software

Nobody knows when or where Cell C are launching next. Just gotta hope it comes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrid View Post
    Good day,

I'm located in North West, Rustenburg.
    Does anyone know when 4G 21.6mbps will be available here?
    I'd like to buy the 60Gb package.

All the best,
    Antonie
    Same here man...im in klerksdorp north west though...im itching to get the 21.6Mbps modem...the second its released here im getting it!!! CANT WAIT

Guys i spoke to a friend of mine that works at cell c...according to him the "official launch" for joburg is in about two weeks...he reckons they have "not turned on all the towers yet"...
    After joburg and pretoria are completed, they heading over to the north west, apparently we can expect the new network available and running in the klerksdorp area in a month to a month and a half...rustenburg will either be next if they moving along the map, or probably be set up at about the same time..

not sure how accurate my friend is, but i hope this helps

Sounds to me as if they are doing well, it is, after all, a major project !

At least my connection in Joburg is working well !
    On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

Default Coverage - Brackenfell CPT

I got myself the R1499 deal from CellC with the 7.2mbps modem and 2GB per month.

Speed is not that good. I get max about 1.2mbps. But I get disconnected often and every now and then it changes to EDGE. Even if I want to show someone something on the internet and they stand too close to the laptop then the connection dies.

Is the reception that bad here in Morgenster, Brackenfell?

Anyone else with the same problems?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE - 4-Oct-13
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - 21-Jan-13
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - 13-Feb-14
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" - 1-Sept-14

I get disconnected atlease once but works fine after. Friend had an issue every 5 min and returned his modem for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesang View Post
    Speed is not that good. I get max about 1.2mbps. But I get disconnected often and every now and then it changes to EDGE. Even if I want to show someone something on the internet and they stand too close to the laptop then the connection dies.

Is the reception that bad here in Morgenster, Brackenfell?
    It does sound like a reception problem. What signal strengths do you see in MDMA? Also, watch the Cell IDs to see if you're being handed over to another cell. You can also try putting the modem in to '3G Only' mode to prevent dropping down to EDGE.

You may want to visit the guys at Poynting Direct in Montague Gardens and seeing how they can help you.

Hey, piesang
    i have exactly the same problem in Welgelegen.
    I checked in "coverage" section of website and it is LIGHT pink. so maybe not good reception.
    I've tried it in Somerset West and it works better.

I am going to the CellC shop today to see if it's problem with dongle or what's up.
    Or am i being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    It does sound like a reception problem. What signal strengths do you see in MDMA? Also, watch the Cell IDs to see if you're being handed over to another cell. You can also try putting the modem in to '3G Only' mode to prevent dropping down to EDGE.

You may want to visit the guys at Poynting Direct in Montague Gardens and seeing how they can help you.
    I'll try those settings tonight when I get home. Do I change the "3G Only" mode in the software that came with the modem or do I need something different? I read something about a application that you have or wrote yourself?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" - 1-Sept-14

3G-Only helps in my case. My signal is below average. With MDMA you can observe which Cell ID gives you stable connection, so you can position your modem to pickup that cell. And watch the LAC, because when LAC is frequent changing you might experience problems.

Off topic: Could you please post modem specification from the Cell-C's E1752 packaging?

Ok, I'm new to this USB modems. What is MDMA and where do I see it?

CELL C E1752 key features
    UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/2100 MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    Equalizer
    HSDPA data speeds up to 7.2Mbps
    HSUPA data speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
    Data,SMS and USSD service
    Micro SD card slot
    Plug and Play