Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: lead with your lights on... take 2

Question lead with your lights on... take 2

so do you still drive with your lights on if you have recently started doing so with the "702 thing" ?

i myself only do the lights thing when i'm not driving in suburbs. i've counted 6 cars to work and rest does not, it seems that it's a thing of less and less enthusiasm.
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach
    Latest: There is something terribly wrong

The only time I turn on my headlights is when my gang members and I are having a hard time selecting a victim on initiation runs. Highbeams offer the quickest results.

Always drive with my lights on, my car does it automatically so I have gotten used to it all these years.

Generally when I'm going home I put my lights on in the parking lot because some morons cut corners so at least maybe seeing some lights will let them see there's a car there. Generally leave them on.

Grandmaster

What's 702?

I used to do it even before this whole initiative. Then my bulbs started going after a few months, and at R300 a pop I'm not prepared to keep doing it.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    What's 702?
    think its a 1970's pop group...
    dont you have any blerry wek to do...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by plummet View Post
    think its a 1970's pop group...
    ROFL, it is actually a radio station.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    I used to do it even before this whole initiative. Then my bulbs started going after a few months, and at R300 a pop I'm not prepared to keep doing it.
    If your bulbs keep going, it's probably another problem, not the fact that you are running with bulbs doing what they were designed to do.

Pleased to say that most of us on the Durban/South Coast run are now running with headlights on.

Makes everyone a great deal more visible.
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Master

I would but, I would seriously forget to switch the lights off. Rather safe than sorry.
    I support le Arsenal - we play football the way it was meant to be played without winning anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ...aTrueASL View Post
    I would but, I would seriously forget to switch the lights off. Rather safe than sorry.
    Time to buy a decent car...mine automatically switch off when I switch the car off...
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    If your bulbs keep going, it's probably another problem, not the fact that you are running with bulbs doing what they were designed to do.

Pleased to say that most of us on the Durban/South Coast run are now running with headlights on.

Makes everyone a great deal more visible.
    Except bikers... Honestly, this whole DRL thing started in northern Europe where even during the day it was always gloomy and overcast, hence the NEED for lights to be on (and even then, only at 40% power). Here in SA we actually get to see the sun more than 5 days out of the year so its completely unnecassary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Except bikers... Honestly, this whole DRL thing started in northern Europe where even during the day it was always gloomy and overcast, hence the NEED for lights to be on (and even then, only at 40% power). Here in SA we actually get to see the sun more than 5 days out of the year so its completely unnecassary.
    Without starting this whole debate which has been hammered into oblivion, all over again. It has sweet blow all to do with sunshine and cloud at all. A car with its headlights on is more visible than one without.

End of story.

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Fazda View Post
    Without starting this whole debate which has been hammered into oblivion, all over again. It has sweet blow all to do with sunshine and cloud at all. A car with its headlights on is more visible than one without.

End of story.
    It is really helpful when passing on national roads.
    Lights on the left side = warning, car on left side is comming and not going :-)
    Then it is safer for all concerned when traveling on national open roads.
    But city driving during the day needs no lights on I think?

Now to get those idiots that drive without lights on at night ar dusk to switch on
    Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Leostar View Post
    It is really helpful when passing on national roads.
    Lights on the left side = warning, car on left side is comming and not going :-)
    Then it is safer for all concerned when traveling on national open roads.
    But city driving during the day needs no lights on I think?
    why i switch on outside city/suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by Leostar View Post
    Now to get those idiots that drive without lights on at night ar dusk to switch on
    or in the rain/mist...
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach
    Latest: There is something terribly wrong

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast