Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Blackberry vodacom MMS settings...

Default Blackberry vodacom MMS settings...

Hello there,
    I have a BB Curve 8520 and up to now, i've had no problems....
    Suddenly, I can't receive any MMS's...
    All it says is message not retieved, when I try retieve a MMS it says message retrieve failed.
    Any suggestions/settings I can change to make it work?

Regards,
    Aider
    Last edited by Aider; 28-09-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    ...?

Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa

Cal 155, nothing else you can do as a BB is not like a normal handset, there are no settings.
    Everything is controlled by service books, i know how to resend the email service books, but its unlikely they will have any effect on MMSs.
    Hauwei Ascend P6 4.2.2 Stock Rooted
    Nexus 7 | CM11
    Reme Le Hane | Portfolio | LinkedIn | Tumblr

Unfortunately there only seemed to be email/broadband settings when phoning that number.
    Thanks for the reply anyway.

Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa

Its the dedicated data support desk, if you call 111 or 1082 they will transfer you to 155 and tell you next time to call 155 directly, you need to speak to a consultant the voice prompts wont help you. Press any valid number on the first list and then press 0 twice and it will say something about you still having trouble and put you through to a meat suite.
    Hauwei Ascend P6 4.2.2 Stock Rooted
    Nexus 7 | CM11
    Reme Le Hane | Portfolio | LinkedIn | Tumblr

I called 155 the other the, the lady told me they changed something on the network and that the only way to solve the problem is by getting a software upgrade. Not sure how true that info is, they love to direct you to your nearest vodacare.

Default Vodacom Blackberry MMS problems

My Blackberry MMS has also been disconnected, I am with Autopage, thay have no solutions and also directed me to Vodacare centre.

Have a look in your MMS options. Check that "Reject Anonymous Messages" and "Reject Advertisements" is not ticked. I ticked it once and after that I also started getting the "Message not retrieved" error. Once I removed the ticks...it worked again for me.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

thx ocleroux for comment. Unfortunately thats not the problem.

When I have a problem with my MMS, I don't bother phoning 155; I just go to the Vodacom website to send myself a free MMS (I'm a cheapo, I know! :P). When I receive the MMS, and it says "Message not retrieved", I try to retrieve it as many times as possible, and when that doesn't work, I send another one. Eventually, one of them, and then the rest, WILL be retrieved. It's a bit of an effort, but it works for me.

I have the "Reject Anonymous Messages" and "Reject Advertisements" ticked by the way, and my MMS works the way it should.

Very simple to fix the MMS problem on your BB 8520.You must have the latest software which is version 5.0.Goto options,Advanced options,Service books.Then Delete MMS Client and MMS transport.You may have more or just one related to MMS but delete all.Then call data support or customer care and asked them to send you SERVICE BOOKS.They will ask you a few Question like your BB pin,Cell number ETC.Once you receive the Service Books,Reboot your BB by removing your battery while phone is on.This will resolve the problem for sure