Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DSTV Drifta - Getting it to work where the signal is weak.

Smile DSTV Drifta - Getting it to work where the signal is weak.

Hi,

I thought I must share this (I didn't check if there are similar solutions posted already since I'm too excited).

My drifta wasn't working when I first tried it at home which is Widenham, KZN South Coast. Well I've got it working better that I could ever dream right inside my house on my Nortebook PC.

Steps:

1. Get a Drifta and get it activated
    2. Install Software & Update via internet on you notebook. Use USB connection.
    3. Buy a cheap outdoor TV antenna. I bought an antenna at a Chinese Shop - it looks like a death-ray device. It even has a remote control and built in booster, It cost R160. Install it on your roof to point in the direction of your regular Sentech TV transmission tower.
    4. Get a FM wire antenna (Co-ax) and plug it into this antennae socket. Strip the wire and connect it to the telescopic antenna of the Drifta.
    5. Switch on the power switch of Drifta and the the (cheap Chinese) outdoor antenna.
    6. Start the drifta software on your notebook - make sure that devices and everything is recognised properly. The drifta software should display TV after it found the signal. Use your antenna remote control to rotate until a signal is found if it's not working.

This worked for me and I sincerely hope this info would help others as well.

Best of Luck.

For Drifta Info go to: http://www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile...bout-mobile-tv
    Last edited by madmax2010; 31-12-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Ok what is Drifta?

Quote Originally Posted by psheldon View Post
    Ok what is Drifta?
    DSTV Drifta
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Did edit and added link to my post.

Wow thanx man! Will def try this as my signal at home is almost non-existant.

In my home office it drifts from zero to 3 bars. I put the edge of the Drifta Antenna on my desk fan's metal casing, and I get a constant full signal.
    Hey ... works for me!

Grandmaster

Sounds like a good idea, will definitely give this a try, I get full signal at the office but almost nothing at home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2010 View Post
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by KromozIII View Post
    In my home office it drifts from zero to 3 bars. I put the edge of the Drifta Antenna on my desk fan's metal casing, and I get a constant full signal.
    Hey ... works for me!
    Thanks guys - both tricks worked.I just used a bunny aerial instead of an outdoors one.
    I used to get 0% signal at home now I'm getting signal strength of 80% - brilliant!

Did you guys connect both wires to the drifta aerial or just 1 from the co-axial cable?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyR View Post
    Did you guys connect both wires to the drifta aerial or just 1 from the co-axial cable?
    I used only the copper wire braiding(mesh) not the central copper core.

Cool thanks. Tried with both but didn't seem to work for me, maybe doing something wrong, will give it a try again later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyR View Post
    Cool thanks. Tried with both but didn't seem to work for me, maybe doing something wrong, will give it a try again later.
    It also took me a while to get a signal - you have to try different areas in your home and be patient(sometimes it takes a while to get a good signal).

Cool, thanks Lexor. Will give it a bash today.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2010 View Post
    Hi,

I thought I must share this (I didn't check if there are similar solutions posted already since I'm too excited).

My drifta wasn't working when I first tried it at home which is Widenham, KZN South Coast. Well I've got it working better that I could ever dream right inside my house on my Nortebook PC.

Steps:

1. Get a Drifta and get it activated
    2. Install Software & Update via internet on you notebook. Use USB connection.
    3. Buy a cheap outdoor TV antenna. I bought an antenna at a Chinese Shop - it looks like a death-ray device. It even has a remote control and built in booster, It cost R160. Install it on your roof to point in the direction of your regular Sentech TV transmission tower.
    4. Get a FM wire antenna (Co-ax) and plug it into this antennae socket. Strip the wire and connect it to the telescopic antenna of the Drifta.
    5. Switch on the power switch of Drifta and the the (cheap Chinese) outdoor antenna.
    6. Start the drifta software on your notebook - make sure that devices and everything is recognised properly. The drifta software should display TV after it found the signal. Use your antenna remote control to rotate until a signal is found if it's not working.

Best of Luck.

For Drifta Info go to: http://www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile...bout-mobile-tv
    Hi Thanks for the info. Bought a cheap (R45) Ellies set top aerial, connected the mesh and all is now fine. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast