Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to prove rape happened?

Default How to prove rape happened?

Now this question randomly came to me.
    Now obviously one way to prove rape has occurred is if the lady (or guy in rare occasions) went to the police station straight after the incident where you can see she is distraught, bruised shaking, everything, then you know she was raped.
    But what happens when like 2 or 3 weeks after the incident a lady comes forth and says she was raped by her boyfriend, but there are no bruises or anything to prove it?
    I've seen cases (mostly on tv) where people like that they were raped to get back at an ex even though they weren't. Jury or Judge is most likely to go for the victim on this one. Is the only way the guy can win is if he has a good lawyer?
    Cowboy's never cry

As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

I'd imagine that there is some law that says that you have to report a crime within x amount of time, otherwise the victim can blackmail the accused indefinitely.

Super Grandmaster

Its a hectic one, because this kind of thing will ruin you.
    Even if you are completely innocent, screams of rape will always make people think twice about you.

I reckon you are right, a killer lawyer is probably your best chance of proving your innocence
    He gets the ball, he takes the piss
    He wears the shirt of Matt Le Tiss
    Rickie Lambert Southampton goal machine

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bighit View Post
    I'd imagine that there is some law that says that you have to report a crime within x amount of time, otherwise the victim can blackmail the accused indefinitely.
    Even still, you have a one night stand. All consenting adults, the chick then gets all crazy the next day or so...then what?

You need to report the rape to the police within the first 24 hours and you need to get a hospital checkup to confirm rape. If a woman is not aroused and was raped, it often reflects in various forms which they can detect.

if nothing is done right away and a few weeks down the line they decide to come forward, nothing will happen to the guy/girl accused. Its heresay with no evidence to backup - thrown out of court.
    -=Dont steal, the government hates competition=-

Super Grandmaster

A good lawyer & sometimes good police work is all it takes to catch a false 'victim' out. People sometimes come back decades later and get convictions in cases where the assault happened while the victim was still a child.

But yeah you could spend a good few months in jail before the truth comes out & you'd be ruined in many ways by the time you come out. Being in prison for rape can be real hazardous.

Its quite hard to prove a rape, I think the most damage for the falsely accused is the gossip.

You need a rape kit (within 24 hours) and to make a statement to the police.... otherwise some really damming evidence.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Blog Entries

There are 2 parts to the case:

1. Criminal Case : State vs accused

This usually results in jail time. The case needs to be proved "beyond reasonable doubt". So you need hard evidence or a credible witness. period.

2. Civil : Plaintiff vs accused

These cases don't need proof that you did the deed ie they need to prove how much damage was done. This case you don't have to prove someone is guilty. Plaintiff is awarded cash.

best example is OJ simpson case. he was found NOT guilty in the criminal case but GUILTY in the civil case.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    Its quite hard to prove a rape, I think the most damage for the falsely accused is the gossip.

You need a rape kit (within 24 hours) and to make a statement to the police.... otherwise some really damming evidence.
    I think the rape kit proves nothing, you could just have had some rough sex. It's easier to prove rape if it those where the rapist beats the woman into submission first. Otherwise like in the Zuma case it could be a case of sour grapes.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMuffinMan View Post
    There are 2 parts to the case:

1. Criminal Case : State vs accused

This usually results in jail time. The case needs to be proved "beyond reasonable doubt". So you need hard evidence or a credible witness. period.

2. Civil : Plaintiff vs accused

These cases don't need proof that you did the deed ie they need to prove how much damage was done. This case you don't have to prove someone is guilty. Plaintiff is awarded cash.

best example is OJ simpson case. he was found NOT guilty in the criminal case but GUILTY in the civil case.
    I dont understand, how can there be damages if there is no proof that the deed took place?

Super Grandmaster

I actually recall reading a case once where a girl was raped near her house and then left under a bridge. She then went home, avoiding a police car in the vacinity, but the house as locked and she had lost her key, so she went to the neighbours and got the spare key from them and let herself into the house. At this stage she had a shower and dressed in some comforting clothes, her parents eventually came home but she didn't tell them and then went and reported the case at the police the next day.

She was able to identify who raped her and the police could arrest them but they were later released on a technicality that the girl should have reported the incident to the first available individual which she had not done as she had avoided the police and didn't tell either her parents or the neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    I think the rape kit proves nothing, you could just have had some rough sex. It's easier to prove rape if it those where the rapist beats the woman into submission first. Otherwise like in the Zuma case it could be a case of sour grapes.
    Rape kit just proves sex. It might also show rough or violent activity.

Its just basically shows that there was sex and perhaps it was with a certain person (DNA)
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Wonder what happens in the case of a minor - when this minor becomes an adult, how long does the minor have before it's too late to report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    Now this question randomly came to me.
    Now obviously one way to prove rape has occurred is if the lady (or guy in rare occasions) went to the police station straight after the incident where you can see she is distraught, bruised shaking, everything, then you know she was raped.
    But what happens when like 2 or 3 weeks after the incident a lady comes forth and says she was raped by her boyfriend, but there are no bruises or anything to prove it?
    I've seen cases (mostly on tv) where people like that they were raped to get back at an ex even though they weren't. Jury or Judge is most likely to go for the victim on this one. Is the only way the guy can win is if he has a good lawyer?
    How can it be rape if it's her own boyfriend? That's like saying there can be rape between a husband and wife. If you're not willing to give sex then why are you in a romantic relationship?
    Graphic design
    company logo's, letterheads etc. PM me.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Skitter View Post
    How can it be rape if it's her own boyfriend? That's like saying there can be rape between a husband and wife. If you're not willing to give sex then why are you in a romantic relationship?
    There can actually be rape in romantic relationships, even between spouses, at the end of the day woman has the right to say no at any stage before the deed is completed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast