Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Thread: Want to study Medicine - marks between 70-80%. Read

Master
    Blog Entries

Default Want to study Medicine - marks between 70-80%. Read

Hi

Anyone who is interested in studying Medicine but didn't get accepted into Universities in South Africa can contact me.

I'm studying in China now. I'm the only South African here. I am at Zhejiang University. You can look it up on Google. 2nd ranking university in China in 2010.

minimum of 80% with A's in Maths , Physics and Bio.

Between 70-80% , you can still apply but you might not get accepted.

Let me know if you are interested. I can help you submit applications and stuff. It's kinda lonely being the only South African here.
    If you want to study Medicine or Engineering and didn't get accepted in a SA University , you can contact me for more information.

...doesn't know

You really selling this study in China thing for all it's worth.
    I'm new here...

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateWarez View Post
    Hi

Anyone who is interested in studying Medicine but didn't get accepted into Universities in South Africa can contact me.

I'm studying in China now. I'm the only South African here. I am at Zhejiang University. You can look it up on Google. 2nd ranking university in China in 2010.

minimum of 80% with A's in Maths , Physics and Bio.

Between 70-80% , you can still apply but you might not get accepted.

Let me know if you are interested. I can help you submit applications and stuff. It's kinda lonely being the only South African here.
    How were you denied study if you received 80% for those subjects?
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

in SA, you need at least 6 A's minimum to even get on the waiting list so I can see why options out of the country might be attractive
    " BACKUPS? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' BACKUPS!"

Master
    Blog Entries

I don't know. But i got the following marks in Matric. Its not up there with the best. Most of the indian students who got accepted had 6 or 7A's

english 84%
    maths 82%
    biology 82%
    physics 78%
    ED&D 75%
    Afrikaans 68%
    LO 86%
    If you want to study Medicine or Engineering and didn't get accepted in a SA University , you can contact me for more information.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotty777 View Post
    You really selling this study in China thing for all it's worth.
    hey bro. i am not selling it. i am just saying.

plus there are some guys in SA who are exploiting it and sending students to certain Universities that are not even registered on IMED or WHO and then they also have to study subjects in Chinese.

So i just want to let people know. I am not selling it. If i was , then maybe i'd start up an agency and start recruiting people. I am just letting those people out there know that even though they might not have achieved adequately in Matric , that if u have that belief inside you that you can make it as a doctor, you have a possibility of studying it in a foreign country

By no means am i saying dont study in SA. cause i'd sell my left nut to go back in history and kick myself in the ass to study harder and not pay some much attention to sports , get 7A's and study in Durbz
    Last edited by UltimateWarez; 08-01-2011 at 10:24 AM.

I know someone with 7 A's who struggled to get accepted for physio therapy. On the other hand I know someone with 3 A's who was accepted for physio therapy at a few universities. Both of them were white btw.

So u saying its okay to study medicine in another country when you can't make the cut in your own country.
    If you have a burning desire to be a medic, but didn't get 6A's in matric, you should still try in another country.

I don't get this logic. Who are u trying to impress when u qualify one day?

I would have liked to study Medicine. Unfortunately Maths and Physical Science were not my strong point.
    enoki.co.za
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by maneshk View Post
    So u saying its okay to study medicine in another country when you can't make the cut in your own country.
    If you have a burning desire to be a medic, but didn't get 6A's in matric, you should still try in another country.

there are not an infinite number of places for medicine in this country. quotas still exist officially or unofficially so i see no problem in pursuing your dream out of the country. if you come back later, write the equivalence exam, and practice here, why have a problem with that?
    " BACKUPS? WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' BACKUPS!"

O pleeze.

I'm currently a BSc student and even though I struggled at school, I'm finding university easy and doing well - then again you do not know the circumstances surrounding my matric results or anybody else for who your comment is aimed at.

Also if UNISA could offer medicine, then we would not need prospective doctors to study at foreign universities. This is reason why entrance is so strict in this country, we do not have the resources (actually few countries have the resources). The only options left for many top students is to go to countries like China or Cuba.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Everything in life is elsewhere and you can get there in a car

How much are they paying you, dude?

Quote Originally Posted by auriga1000 View Post
    there are not an infinite number of places for medicine in this country. quotas still exist officially or unofficially so i see no problem in pursuing your dream out of the country. if you come back later, write the equivalence exam, and practice here, why have a problem with that?
    +1

Give the guy credit, instead of just shrugging his shoulders he's actually doing something in order to follow his dream. Also if you are going to let your school marks dictate what you can and cannot do for the rest of your future then you're an idiot.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Its really comforting to know that my gp, cardiologist or neurologist got thru med school on standard grade maths or physics.
    But, he/she had this burning desire to study medicine.

Yaaaaay, Idiocracy.

Its really comforting to know that my gp, cardiologist or neurologist got thru med school on standard grade maths or physics.
    But, he/she had this burning desire to study medicine.

Yaaaaay, Idiocracy.
    Only idiot here is you. If the person passes all his university courses, completes his internship, passes equivalence exam it means he has what it takes.

What you are saying is that if I got 60% for maths & physics in school I cannot become a astrophysicist even if I somehow managed to get into a university somewhere and persevered until getting a Ph.D. Even with a Ph.D I would not be competent purely because I got low marks in school which negates any further achievements.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast