Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: iphone 3gs.... deleting all contacts at once.

Default iphone 3gs.... deleting all contacts at once.

Hi,

I am trying to delete all contacts at once on my iphone 3gs. I know the option under settings general then reset all data but I dont want to lose my data, I just want my iphone contacts to go.

Also if i do the reset all data method would a iphone lose its jailbreak?

Mac or PC?

I'm on a Mac and the easiest way I've found to delete all contact and calendar items was as follows:

1. Backup Address Book and iCal data to archive files (save them on your desktop)
    2. Delete all contacts and calendar items in Address Book and iCal
    3. Plug your phone into iTunes and select your phone in Devices
    4. Select the Info tab, select Sync Address Book Contacts as well as Sync iCal Calendars
    5. Scroll down to Advanced where you can "Replace information on this iPhone"... check the Contacts and Calendar boxes
    6. Sync your phone.

When the sync is done all the contact and calendar details on the phone will be gone. Unplug and your good to go...

7. The final step is to import the info in the archive files you've saved on your desktop back into Address Book and iCal.

I'm not sure what the differences are on a PC but I'd assume the steps would be similar... You'd just backup Outlook contact and calendar info to, and import back from a .pst file

Hope that helps...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by randomwalsh View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to delete all contacts at once on my iphone 3gs. I know the option under settings general then reset all data but I dont want to lose my data, I just want my iphone contacts to go.

Also if i do the reset all data method would a iphone lose its jailbreak?
    Pls don't do it I did the same mistake and have to do a lot of research to get out of it.if you press reset all data it not only deletes every thing from your phone but deletes os also your phone will not boot and it will be stuck at apple logo only thing you can do after that is to connect to iTunes and update to latest firmware ,as far as I know easy method to do is select a blank entry in contacts like outlook,which you never used to sync earlier.so it will delete all contacts and will be empty.cheers