Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: K3805-Z/K3772-Z Modem Driver not installing on Win 7 64bit

Default K3805-Z/K3772-Z Modem Driver not installing on Win 7 64bit

I have a desktop running Windows 7 64 bit and a K3805-z USB modem. All drivers and software install correctly except for the modem driver. The error message in the properties box simply states that windows was unable to install the driver correctly.
    I also tried to install a K3705-z with exactly the same result.
    I have tried VMC 9.4.8 (Full), VMB 10.0.1 (Full and light) but nothing seems to sort it out.

I know that the modems are not faulty as both work perfectly fine on other pc/laptops so the fault must be with this specific Windows installation or OS version.
    Is it possible to find the drivers for manual install for the K3805-z? Or is there another work around that I can try?
    I'm quite desperate for a solution.

Grandmaster

Can you go into Device Manager and provide the Error Code?

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

I'm also having the same issue on a Dell notebook, any ideas?

The error code in the driver details window is 39
    --
    ADSL Line: 10Mbps via Afrihost 100Mb Capped

Keep Calm And Engage Low Range

Quote Originally Posted by Naks View Post
    I'm also having the same issue on a Dell notebook, any ideas?

The error code in the driver details window is 39
    Try the new VMB 10.1 from ocleroux's link here.

Default vodafone k3805 windows 7 64-bit problem [k3805 win 7 64-bit problem]

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Try the new VMB 10.1 from ocleroux's link here.
    Any solution to this one yet ?
    Anyone connecting successfully - from any mobile device using Win7 64-bit for that matter - please post, with the success story !

I'm on an ASUS Series N53J Series notebook, running Win 7 64-bit, and nothing is working. I cannot connect to the net, using either of the old E220 / E-220 (with latest firmware applied, however), or the newer Nokia N8, or the Vodafone K3805-Z / K3805Z USB modem... this is all extremely frustrating, and I've wasted days trying to get it sorted out !!

As mentioned in the original post, I also experience that all except the modem driver install, and the package as a whole fails with :

"Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem (ZTE) Failed"
    [AdditionalSearchTags : "Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem (ZTE) - Failed" / "Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem (ZTE) X Failed"]

I have tried the VMC full (rather than VMC lite) software reccommended in previous post ("VMB 10.1 from ocleroux's link"...) but without difference / improvement.
    hasta luego!

Had the K3805-Z working on Win 7 64 bit ! Yay !

This sticky thread helped :
    FYI :Will I be able to use Vodafone Mobile Broadband if I am running Windows® 7

The "Windows 7 64bit FIX for ZTE" reference there did the trick. I copied the "Fix301.reg" file out of the .doc and ran it.

This did not fix things immediately, so I then removed devices and uninstalled all existing Vodafone software (which was "VMB 10.1 from ocleroux's link" at this point).

Then reboot, reinsert the device and installed the default / onboard software - 'Vodafone Mobile Broadband Lite version 10.1.001.26030).

This time, all drivers installed ! "Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem (ZTE) - Ready To Use".

[Edit : the morning after...]
    Got to work the next day and discovered that both my LAN and Wireless drivers were wrecked. They now give the Error Code 31. Had to restore to a previous SavePoint, which fixed the network problems but also removed everything Vodafone. Have since tried the whole process again, and as soon as I run "Fix301.reg" and restart, my LAN and Wireless drivers are whacked. So... it's back to square1
    Last edited by ironstone; 23-02-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Thumbs down WTF Vodacom???!?!?!?!? K3772-Z vs. Windows 7 64-bit

I just went out and bought the K3772-Z modem for use while i'm travelling.
    I specifically asked the lady at the Vodashop whether it was Windows 7 compatible, because we've had a bunch of problems with the older E220's on 7 and only the MDMA drivers allowed me to get those modems operational, albeit from first installing the modem on an XP machine and updating the firmware, then installing it all again on Windows 7.

So anyway, the lady says yes it is compatible with Windows 7 and i figure she must be right, given that the modem is so new.
    Well i've been struggling since 10:00 this morning to get the damn thing working, Windows 7 64-bit.
    It is loading drivers successfully for all devices except: Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem (ZTE). Fails with error code 31.
    I've downloaded the latest software (104mb) from the Vodafone site and tried that after uninstalling everything and i'm still getting the same problem. Hacking and slashing your way through various versions files or downloading obscure drivers to try and get a product to work is not considered 'Compatible' in my book.
    Who is the wuck-fit that is employed by you guys that is supposed to test these products before you unleash them on the unsuspecting public? You should fire his a$$ and save yourselves some money, because clearly his position isn't doing squat for your company.

Any suggestions, or should i just CPA it and get my money back?
    Telkom: Touch Tomorrow? We're still waiting for the technology of today.

7 day return policy, no?
    i nrrf iy

Suggestions? Give me one of the reason why this modem is better than E220. 7 days for return (or 14). If you want something better than E220, look for E367 R699 @8ta or K3605 @Voda (expensive).

@abzo, Duh, thanks! I never think of that. Yep, got until 26th for Out Of Box Failure Returns.

@sajunky, i wouldn't know if it was better, but i just figured it would work because it is later that the E220. The E220 functioned after software and firmware manipulation; in my naivete i just figured Vodafone/Vodacom may have addressed the software side (hence the Windows 7 compatible on the box). The modem is definitely picking up a signal, so it has to be a software/firmware/driver issue which could easily be addressed by the manufacturer if they were interested.
    This is the modem you get on the R399.00 deal with 100mb a month, fine for just picking up mail while out of office (if it worked, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Snotface View Post
    This is the modem you get on the R399.00 deal with 100mb a month, fine for just picking up mail while out of office (if it worked, that is).
    It is a reason indeed, at least in my case, but mine (from the same package) is left in bottom of the drawer and using E272.

Is this not perhaps due to the 64bit version of your OS? I do not suppose you have a 32bit Win 7 to test it on?
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Hi ocleroux,

nope, it's not my OS, i've just got it running on my desktop (also 64-bit) by following these instructions:
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobil.../651605#M19399

The secret, apparently, is to stick the modem in without the SIM in it first, it then gets picked up as a Vodafone Mobile Broadband CPO (ZTE) and a Vodafone USB SCSI CD-ROM USB Device and then the rest of the devices get picked up.
    On my laptop, however, that isn't working. I suspect all the installing and uninstalling has left some crud somewhere and i'm going to have to try and manually clean out my drivers.
    Again, as with the E220, it's not just a case of plug-and-play though. I don't know how you guys expect the man in the street to have a smiley face if they have to jump through hoops like this.
    I suggest Vodacom get their fictional testing/QA department to test this and update the quick-start manuals with the proper way of installing for Windows 7 (64-bit at least), XP isn't going to be around forever and using it as a platform to test software is no excuse for a conglomerate like Vodacom.

By the way, on my desktop I got this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1602472508.png
    Pity i don't have a carry-case to lug my tower around.

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Is this not perhaps due to the 64bit version of your OS? I do not suppose you have a 32bit Win 7 to test it on?
    You are joking, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Snotface View Post
    Hi ocleroux,

nope, it's not my OS, i've just got it running on my desktop (also 64-bit) by following these instructions:
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobil.../651605#M19399

The secret, apparently, is to stick the modem in without the SIM in it first, it then gets picked up as a Vodafone Mobile Broadband CPO (ZTE) and a Vodafone USB SCSI CD-ROM USB Device and then the rest of the devices get picked up.
    On my laptop, however, that isn't working. I suspect all the installing and uninstalling has left some crud somewhere and i'm going to have to try and manually clean out my drivers.
    Again, as with the E220, it's not just a case of plug-and-play though. I don't know how you guys expect the man in the street to have a smiley face if they have to jump through hoops like this.
    I suggest Vodacom get their fictional testing/QA department to test this and update the quick-start manuals with the proper way of installing for Windows 7 (64-bit at least), XP isn't going to be around forever and using it as a platform to test software is no excuse for a conglomerate like Vodacom.

By the way, on my desktop I got this: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1602472508.png
    Pity i don't have a carry-case to lug my tower around.
    Perhaps VodacomData will take note of this issue and report it to the relevant guys or perhaps even give feedback if it is a known issue.
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast