Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: HD DISH? - DSTV

Default HD DISH? - DSTV

Good day

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me please...

Makro etc. sells DSTV packages for R599. Apparently it includes installation, the dish and decoder. After installation, can I buy a PVR decoder for eg R2000 and just replace the single view decoder from Makro? If yes, it seems to be the cheapest way to get HD coverage? Anyone who knows of someone installing single views for R599 in Stellenbosch or surrounds... I live in a flat in Merriman-Avenue, but there are restrictions on where you can install the dish. Apparently the dish has to face east, about 80 degrees... I think we may have a problem with that. So I need an installer who will be willing to first have a look. If it's not possible... I'm hoping the block will get a multi unit dwelling system soon

Thank you
    Malan

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by malanjacobs View Post
    Good day

Makro etc. sells DSTV packages for R599. Apparently it includes installation, the dish and decoder. After installation, can I buy a PVR decoder for eg R2000 and just replace the single view decoder from Makro? If yes, it seems to be the cheapest way to get HD coverage? Anyone who knows of someone installing single views for R599 in Stellenbosch or surrounds... I live in a flat in Merriman-Avenue, but there are restrictions on where you can install the dish. Apparently the dish has to face east, about 80 degrees... I think we may have a problem with that. So I need an installer who will be willing to first have a look. If it's not possible... I'm hoping the block will get a multi unit dwelling system soon

Thank you
    Malan
    The big problem is that the LNB you get is for a single view installation. For HD-PVR, you need a twin LNB and also a multiswitch. These are expensive. However, what you can do, is by the R599 deal and a HD-PVR and the LNB and multiswitch and then xtra view the decoders. Wont be cheaper but at least you will be able to watch different DSTV channels on two different TV's.
    Last edited by Ronjay; 16-01-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Good day

Thank you
    Malan
    the dish is the same on an HD setup and a noraml single view, the diference it the LNB, for HD (or SD pvr and xtraview) u need a twin lnb (or better) i had normal lnb and have swoped it for a twin, (did 3 times already ) so its very easy.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Good day

Thank you
    Malan
    It might not be the cheapest, but it is certainly the easiest to go for a SatCR LNB, you require no additional wiring or switches, just switch the LNB (after installation) to a SatCR and your HD PVR will have full functionality with only one cable (not 4 as required with a twin LNB and switch). SatCR = +- R 1000