Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta Testing

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    I can confirm Mervyn finding with Vodafone K3570-Z except CellC dashboard interraction which I haven't used.
    - frequency settings - unable to go back to default, but this is not UMTS 900MHz modem, so there is no problem
    - MDMA dial button works, it connects, but MDMA doesn't receive feedback that modem is connected, bytes count is not working, looks like MDMA stays in disconnected state.
    - RAS (or Windows dialup GUI) can be used for connecting and disconnecting
    Thanks Mervyn, now I know, I need CellC dashboard to reset bands to default.
    The new CellC dashboard does not surface a way of changing the bands. I changed bands on a ZTE MF668 using MDMA version 10 and I couldn't reset back to the original. The modem was using the old dashboard. At the suggestion of staff at the Cresta CellC shop the new dashboard was installed and flashed to the modem. This didn't solve the problem and the modem would only connect using 2G. The modem was returned to CellC and they couldn't reset it either so they replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by MervynB View Post
    At the suggestion of staff at the Cresta CellC shop the new dashboard was installed and flashed to the modem. This didn't solve the problem and the modem would only connect using 2G. The modem was returned to CellC and they couldn't reset it either so they replaced it.
    Thanks, this is a serious problem, as we don't know how to go back to automatic (all bands). Command which supposed to do it is rejected. In your case it is critical, as whe don't know how to force UMTS 900MHz either.
    I feel sorry for others, as I just 2 days ago advised in other thread to force 2100MHz. If you have posted it earlier, I would be more careful.

No difference. The modem connects successfully with all three. The Windows option and the command line option both work with MDMA open and reporting tower no, signal strength, etc. I'm using version 8 of MDMA.

No difference. The connection hangs up and I can reconnect using the CellC dashboard.
    This is good news.

Thanks, this is a serious problem, as we don't know how to go back to automatic (all bands). Command which supposed to do it is rejected. In your case it is critical, as whe don't know how to force UMTS 900MHz either.
    This is not such good news, I have added a warning to the first page of this thread.

All my searches result in the same list of commands, so they were probably all copied from the same source.
    Code:
    Set Band Status +ZBANDI
    at+zbandi=0 • Automatic (Auto) - Default
    at+zbandi=1 • UMTS 850 + GSM 900/1800
    at+zbandi=2 • UMTS 2100 + GSM 900/1800 (Europe)
    at+zbandi=3 • UMTS 850/2100 + GSM 900/1800
    at+zbandi=4 • UMTS 850/1900 + GSM 850/1900
    Logic would suggest that there may be a UMTS 900 option on at+zbandi=5 or at+zbandi=6 or so. I haven't yet come across any other reports of at+zbandi=0 not working though.
    Last edited by ginggs; 26-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.

I'm the user that sajunky mentioned a couple of posts back.

Would you guys like me to try and set it back to automatic tonight to see if works?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Would you guys like me to try and set it back to automatic tonight to see if works?
    That would be great, thanks. I don't believe you can do any harm trying to set it back. (The harm was already done when you set it to 2100MHz only )

Cool, will try it tonight.

Setting it to 2100MHz made me happy ginggs. You have no idea how much. After years of first struggling with Telkom and then Cell C having the same congestion problem, I could suddenly play an MMO. It's just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Logic would suggest that there may be a UMTS 900 option on at+zbandi=5 or at+zbandi=6 or so. I haven't yet come across any other reports of at+zbandi=0 not working though.
    I thought it was problem with my modem and posted on the forum sometime ago. I attempted up to 10 or so, all failed. Will repeat later.
    Last edited by sajunky; 26-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.

I feel sorry for others, as I just 2 days ago advised in other thread to force 2100MHz. If you have posted it earlier, I would be more careful.
    I couldn't find anything appropriate for Huawei modems but a bit of Googling found me some of the ZTE AT commands at http://3g-modem.wetpaint.com/page/ZT...ommands?t=anon

According to the site at+zbandi=0 is the command to reset the bands to automatic. If this is what Graham uses in MDMA then it looks as if the MF668 has a bug in it's firmware.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision. Looking back on things I should have found the AT commands in November when I had the problem and then used something like PuTTY to try and reset the bands before I took the modem back to CellC. It's one thing playing with a modem that doesn't work properly as there is very little to lose but I'm too chicken to experiment with my present modem in case I wind up with a second casualty.

Hmm how I would I know if it's failing?

Automatic - Gets set, works
    UMTS 850 - GSM 900/1800 -> Searching for network...
    UMTS 2100 + GSM 900/1800 (Europe) -> works
    UMTS 850/2100 + GSM 900/1800 -> works
    UMTS 850/1900 + GSM 850/1900 -> Searching for network...

I don't get any error messages. I can't seem to connect to the slow tower here anymore though. Connects to Cell ID 11025 every time. Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Hmm how I would I know if it's failing?
    You would get an error message when trying to set automatic network selection.

Which modem and firmware version do you have?

Nope, I don't get an error.

Hardware Version: MF668-2.0.0
    Firmware Version: BD_MF668V1.1.2B08

I don't know what the details were for my original modem but it had had the new dashboard installed. (The new modem's details are the same as Solitude's.) I didn't get an error message when I set the bands back to Automatic but the modem didn't see any 900MHz towers afterwards. The 2100MHz tower it found only had 2G service. The 2100MHz tower Solitude is connecting to gives him a 3G connection so he is happy even if the modem doesn't connect at 900MHz.

There is, of course, the possibility that CellC replaced my modem because it was, in fact, faulty and not perhaps because they didn't have the know-how to reset it. The automatic band setting on Solitude's modem may well have worked and he is still connecting to a 2100MHz signal because that is the best available. Perhaps the only way to be sure that the automatic setting has been effective is to try it in an area where it is known that a 3G connection is usually at 900MHz.

I think you may be right MervynB. Mine always used to automatically connect to the 900MHz tower where now it doesn't at all anymore.

Super Grandmaster

Perhaps the only way to be sure that the automatic setting has been effective is to try it in an area where it is known that a 3G connection is usually at 900MHz.
    A quick wardrive should do the trick. Take notebook and modem on a drive. If you drive a couple of km's and don't see any Cell ID's ending in 1,2 or 3 (Cell C only) during that time, then the modem is still stuck on 2100 only.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast