MDMA 220.127.116.11 is released.
There have been reports that (some?) ZTE modems are rejecting the AT+ZBANDI=0 command to return the modem to automatic band selection. This could be a big problem for users of UMTS 900 networks. Please do not change the band selection on ZTE modems until further notice.
What's new in 18.104.22.168 since 22.214.171.124c:
- MDMA's GUI is now in a new "landscape" orientation optimized for netbook displays, thanks to Terencek's polite reminders. The old "portrait" orientation has been deprecated.
- Replaced the unused Cell Description field with an SNR (signal to noise ratio) display for the Huawei modems that support this feature. You don't have to do anything, if you modem supports it, you see numbers here, if not, you won't. At this stage I'm not entirely sure of what these values represent, but if you're interested have a read here.
Ununocitum's theory on the reported SNR values is here.
- In order to work around the problem of the E1820 ignoring the AT to command from the 3gpp specification to deactivate all PDP contexts (i.e. disconnect from the internet), MDMA now uses Windows RAS to hang up the connection.
The downside of this is you must have a RAS entry named 'MDMA'. The easiest way to do this is to create a copy of the one created by your other dashboard.
Failure to do this will result in the following error when using the 'Connect' button in MDMA:
On the upside though, if you edit the properties of your 'MDMA' RAS entry and uncheck 'Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc,', 'Include Windows logon domain' and 'Prompt for phone number' in the Options tab, MDMA will now connect mit only vun click.Cannot load dialog.
Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection.
What's new in 126.96.36.199 beta 10:
- Fix LAC received as 0x2B0012 instead of 0x2B12 on LongCheer modems
- Frequency band configuration dialogs for Huawei, Sierra Wireless and ZTE modems - thanks 1geoff99
- Removed /HWBAND and /ZBAND command line options
- Added /SWREGION command line option to change Sierra Wireless region code
- Display which COM port is in use if unable to open port
- Update status bar and disable Connect button when searching for network - thanks sajunky
What's new in 188.8.131.52 beta 9:
- Support 'Automatic' connection type for Icera chipset (ZTE K3805-Z) - thanks Jacques le Roux
- Added detection and support for Long Cheer modems (Mecer notebook) - thanks TheMark
- Added Telkom/8.ta to USSD Help and now only list commands for home network (based on IMSI)
- Added command line options to specify USSD decoding mode (Plain, PDU, Hybrid, Packed7 and Unicode)
- Added /DIAGLOG diagnostics logging command line option (currently only for USSD debugging)
- Stricter decoding of E220 firmware 11.313.02.00.01 USSD responses
- The above fixed USSD responses from other modems containing high ASCII characters e.g. mobilità - thanks Adriano
- Merged /OPSELAUTO and /OPSEL command line options for network operator selection
- Fixed display of ICCID where digits were swapped (how did nobody notice this?)
- Added logging of SNR and QoS values and add /SPEEDLOG logging - thanks www.samara-mobile.ru
- Enable DS flow reporting on Huawei modems (after being disabled by Mobile Partner v21)
- Retrieve Cell ID and LAC from devices that do not support it on +CGREG but do on +CREG (ZTE K3520-Z and possibly others?)
- Renamed /U2DIAG to /HWCDROM and added /ZCDROM for controlling emulated CD-ROM and SD card
- Added /HWBAND and /ZBAND for network band selection
What's new in 184.108.40.206 beta 8:
- Added 50ms delay after sending ESC,CR,LF - now initializes Sierra Wireless AirCard USB 307 and 309 modems - thanks 1geoff99
- I think the above fix may have improved compatibility with the Vodafone K4605 (Huawei E372) as well
- Display 'Telkom' for MCC/MNC 65502 if modem has no response
- Huawei counters are reset if received data speed exceeds 21.6Mbps (not 2.16Mbps, doh!)
What's new in 220.127.116.11 beta 7:
- Detects Cell-C branded ZTE MF190 modems
- Fixed a bug where ZTE modems were being sent Icera commands
What's new in 18.104.22.168 beta 6:
- Vodafone K3805-Z (ZTE) with Icera chipset is now supported
Icera was subsequently bought out by Nvidia, Icera's original Vodafone K3805-Z press release can now be found here.
- Added command line switch to bypass enabling reception of Cellular Broadcast Messages (current ZTE K3805-Z firmware crashes hard!)
- The /commandset command line switch can now be used even when the modem is automatically detected, overriding the detected command set
- Added Icera command set option (for ZTE K3805-Z)
- HSD+UPA is now displayed as HSPA
- 'Firmware Version' is now a multiline edit box with a vertical scrollbar
- Added 'Registered' and 'Roaming' status checkboxes
- Added command line switch for manual network selection