Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta Testing

Default MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta Testing

MDMA 1.1.0.0 is released.

Screenshot here.

WARNING:
    There have been reports that (some?) ZTE modems are rejecting the AT+ZBANDI=0 command to return the modem to automatic band selection. This could be a big problem for users of UMTS 900 networks. Please do not change the band selection on ZTE modems until further notice.

What's new in 1.0.0.31 since 1.0.0.30c:
    • MDMA's GUI is now in a new "landscape" orientation optimized for netbook displays, thanks to Terencek's polite reminders. The old "portrait" orientation has been deprecated.
    • Replaced the unused Cell Description field with an SNR (signal to noise ratio) display for the Huawei modems that support this feature. You don't have to do anything, if you modem supports it, you see numbers here, if not, you won't. At this stage I'm not entirely sure of what these values represent, but if you're interested have a read here.
      Ununocitum's theory on the reported SNR values is here.
    • In order to work around the problem of the E1820 ignoring the AT to command from the 3gpp specification to deactivate all PDP contexts (i.e. disconnect from the internet), MDMA now uses Windows RAS to hang up the connection.

The downside of this is you must have a RAS entry named 'MDMA'. The easiest way to do this is to create a copy of the one created by your other dashboard.
      Failure to do this will result in the following error when using the 'Connect' button in MDMA:
      Cannot load dialog.

Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection.
      On the upside though, if you edit the properties of your 'MDMA' RAS entry and uncheck 'Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc,', 'Include Windows logon domain' and 'Prompt for phone number' in the Options tab, MDMA will now connect mit only vun click.

What's new in 1.0.0.31 beta 10:
    • Fix LAC received as 0x2B0012 instead of 0x2B12 on LongCheer modems
    • Frequency band configuration dialogs for Huawei, Sierra Wireless and ZTE modems - thanks 1geoff99
    • Removed /HWBAND and /ZBAND command line options
    • Added /SWREGION command line option to change Sierra Wireless region code
    • Display which COM port is in use if unable to open port
    • Update status bar and disable Connect button when searching for network - thanks sajunky

What's new in 1.0.0.31 beta 9:
    • Support 'Automatic' connection type for Icera chipset (ZTE K3805-Z) - thanks Jacques le Roux
    • Added detection and support for Long Cheer modems (Mecer notebook) - thanks TheMark
    • Added Telkom/8.ta to USSD Help and now only list commands for home network (based on IMSI)
    • Added command line options to specify USSD decoding mode (Plain, PDU, Hybrid, Packed7 and Unicode)
    • Added /DIAGLOG diagnostics logging command line option (currently only for USSD debugging)
    • Stricter decoding of E220 firmware 11.313.02.00.01 USSD responses
    • The above fixed USSD responses from other modems containing high ASCII characters e.g. mobilità - thanks Adriano
    • Merged /OPSELAUTO and /OPSEL command line options for network operator selection
    • Fixed display of ICCID where digits were swapped (how did nobody notice this?)
    • Added logging of SNR and QoS values and add /SPEEDLOG logging - thanks www.samara-mobile.ru
    • Enable DS flow reporting on Huawei modems (after being disabled by Mobile Partner v21)
    • Retrieve Cell ID and LAC from devices that do not support it on +CGREG but do on +CREG (ZTE K3520-Z and possibly others?)
    • Renamed /U2DIAG to /HWCDROM and added /ZCDROM for controlling emulated CD-ROM and SD card
    • Added /HWBAND and /ZBAND for network band selection

What's new in 1.0.0.31 beta 8:
    • Added 50ms delay after sending ESC,CR,LF - now initializes Sierra Wireless AirCard USB 307 and 309 modems - thanks 1geoff99
    • I think the above fix may have improved compatibility with the Vodafone K4605 (Huawei E372) as well
    • Display 'Telkom' for MCC/MNC 65502 if modem has no response
    • Huawei counters are reset if received data speed exceeds 21.6Mbps (not 2.16Mbps, doh!)

What's new in 1.0.0.31 beta 7:
    • Detects Cell-C branded ZTE MF190 modems
    • Fixed a bug where ZTE modems were being sent Icera commands

What's new in 1.0.0.31 beta 6:
    • Vodafone K3805-Z (ZTE) with Icera chipset is now supported
      Icera was subsequently bought out by Nvidia, Icera's original Vodafone K3805-Z press release can now be found here.
    • Added command line switch to bypass enabling reception of Cellular Broadcast Messages (current ZTE K3805-Z firmware crashes hard!)
    • The /commandset command line switch can now be used even when the modem is automatically detected, overriding the detected command set
    • Added Icera command set option (for ZTE K3805-Z)
    • HSD+UPA is now displayed as HSPA
    • 'Firmware Version' is now a multiline edit box with a vertical scrollbar
    • Added 'Registered' and 'Roaming' status checkboxes
    • Added command line switch for manual network selection
    Last edited by ginggs; 22-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.

How to create a copy of a dial-up networking connection in Windows 7 (and Vista?):
    Click the network icon on the task bar / Open Network and Sharing Centre / Change Adapter Settings / Right-Click on on your other dashboard's dial-up connection / Create Copy / Right-Click on the newly created copy / Rename

How to create a copy of a dial-up networking connection in Windows XP:
    Start / Control Panel / Network Connections / Right-click on your other dashboard's dial-up connection / Create Copy / Right-Click on the newly created copy / Rename

Help! The Rename option is disabled:
    1. Are you sure you are clicking on a dial-up networking connection and not a broadband network adapter?
    2. Speak to your network administrator about policies

Tested /HWBAND settings for Huawei modems:
    Value Description Tested Models
    400380 GSM900/GSM1800/UMTS2100 E220/E272/E1820
    2000000400380 GSM900/GSM1800/UMTS900/UMTS2100 E1820
    2000000000380 GSM900/GSM1800/UMTS900 E1820
    3FFFFFFF All Bands E220
    4F80380 Automatic E272

Error 756 - The connection is already being dialled:
    Make sure the number to be dialled is *99# and "use dialling rules" is unchecked. Thanks sajunky!
    See this post.
    Last edited by ginggs; 15-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Grandmaster

Hi ginggs

I got my ZTE MF190 Modem only yesterday so I'm still new to this. I tried MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7. It runs and shows the signal strength, but when I click on connect it says "Cannot load dialog. Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection."

I'm probably doing something wrong or not understanding how this is supposed to work. Can you assist?

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    1.0.0.31 Beta 7 released.
    I downloaded it and it works just fine! In "About" it still says Beta 6 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonf View Post
    I downloaded it and it works just fine! In "About" it still says Beta 6 though?
    Oops, forgot to update that.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Oops, forgot to update that.
    You're forgiven...

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Hi ginggs

I got my ZTE MF190 Modem only yesterday so I'm still new to this. I tried MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7. It runs and shows the signal strength, but when I click on connect it says "Cannot load dialog. Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection."

I'm probably doing something wrong or not understanding how this is supposed to work. Can you assist?
    I get the same, and I have read all about creating a copy of another connection, and then creating a "MDMA RAS" entry ... but I can,t figure out where, or how, to do this, even after reading Ginggs' instructions ... as he wrote below:
    The down side of this is you must have a RAS entry named 'MDMA'. The easiest way to do this is to create a copy of the one created by your other dashboard.
    Failure to do this will result in the following error when using the 'Connect' button in MDMA:
    Cannot load dialog.

Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection.
    On the up side though, if you edit the properties of your 'MDMA' RAS entry and uncheck 'Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc,', 'Include Windows logon domain' and 'Prompt for phone number' in the Options tab, MDMA will now connect mit only vun click.

Hi Ginggs

Currently using 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 on an E272 on a notebook with Win 7, connected to VC. Strangely enough it connects fine works as well as ever, but the dashboard doesnt give up/download speeds or data transferred, and it doesn't indicate that it is connected.

MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 (or any version) does not work with the Sierra Aircard 307. Get 'Mobile data device not responding' message. Actually, it does sometimes work, but mostly doesn't.
    Last edited by 1geoff99; 31-01-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Grandmaster

MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 seems to be only detecting the CellC branded ZTE MF190 after the CellC dashboard program has been opened at least once after a startup. Is this by design or some kind of limitation? The other thing is that MDMA gives me a signal strength reading and it can be used to initiate the connection, but I don't see any readings or statistics about the speed or data being used. It all stays at 0. Am I doing something wrong or is something wrong on my side? I really like MDMA - it's lightweight and much easier to use than the dashboard program which feels slow in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by 1geoff99 View Post
    MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 (or any version) does not work with the Sierra Aircard 307. Get 'Mobile data device not responding' message. Actually, it does sometimes work, but mostly doesn't.
    Any chance I could play with this modem for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonf View Post
    Currently using 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 on an E272 on a notebook with Win 7, connected to VC. Strangely enough it connects fine works as well as ever, but the dashboard doesnt give up/download speeds or data transferred, and it doesn't indicate that it is connected.
    I've just tested 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 on Windows XP with an E272 connected to Vodacom and the data transfer speeds, data counters and Connect/Disconnect button all seem to be working.
    E272 firmware version 11.415.05.00.00.

What happens on another PC? What happens with MDMA 1.0.0.30c?

MDMA 1.0.0.31 Beta 7 seems to be only detecting the CellC branded ZTE MF190 after the CellC dashboard program has been opened at least once after a startup. Is this by design or some kind of limitation?
    It is not intentional and I did not notice this behaviour when I tested.
    What exactly are you seeing? Does MDMA just sit there waiting for the device to appear, or do you see any error messages?
    If you look in the Windows Device Manager, does the modem only appear after its own dashboard is run?
    The other thing is that MDMA gives me a signal strength reading and it can be used to initiate the connection, but I don't see any readings or statistics about the speed or data being used. It all stays at 0. Am I doing something wrong or is something wrong on my side?
    Unfortunately only Huawei modems report their usage stats over the AT interface, so using this method, MDMA is not able to show speeds and data usage for modems from any other manufacturer.
    I really like MDMA - it's lightweight and much easier to use than the dashboard program which feels slow in comparison.
    Thanks! I'm looking at extracting the speed and usage information from Windows RAS in a future version of MDMA, hopefully this will make MDMA more useful to you.

Getting a lot less 628 errors if any with the new version. Normally I have to play around with restarting the pc/resetting the modem and phyically inserting/disconnecting the modem. Which of course was a lot of hassle.

Page 1 of 19 1 234511 ... LastLast