Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Stopping Debit Orders On ABSA Online Banking??

Default Stopping Debit Orders On ABSA Online Banking??

I just stopped a debit order from an ISP because I cant seem to cancel my account with them, non of their email addresses work so I can send them the cancellation forms.

So now that i stopped the debit order on the ABSA Online banking service, will the ISP be able to take money from my cheque account next month via debit order??

Thanx in advance.
    "It's like lifting up the queens skirt and then finding out she's wearing a thong" - Jeremy Clarkson

Yes, the ISP will just try to submit the debit order again next month and so on.

Have you phoned the ISP and spoken to them? Hold on the line and send it to that person till they confirm its in their inbox.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Ok. i'll do that. Thanx
    "It's like lifting up the queens skirt and then finding out she's wearing a thong" - Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah - rather sort it out with the ISP or else they will most likely blacklist you when they dont get their money. Keep a record of all phone calls/times/names etc for future reference in case you need to escalate it later.

@gregmcc - What do you mean by blacklist? Will the never let me use them again? If so, I'll be so happy because their service is sh*t.

If they don't get their money for services rendered eventually they will hand over your account to one of these credit collection agencies and then your name will be blacklisted. This means if you try and apply for any credit ( loan, bond, credit card) you will be denied.

Wugger

werny, just stopping a debit order does not mean you canceled your isp account.

You MUST get them to cancel it on their side too, otherwise a few months or years from now you will owe them thousands of rands, and they will get your credit blacklisted. So, when you want to buy a car or house you will struggle to get a loan, cause your blacklisted.

Phone your ISP, get them to cancel your account.

Quote Originally Posted by werny View Post
    @gregmcc - What do you mean by blacklist? Will the never let me use them again? If so, I'll be so happy because their service is sh*t.
    What will happen is that a unpaid account will reflect on your credit profile at the different credit bureaus which might negatively affect you'r future credit attempts. But ja, you said you going to try to contact them.
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form