Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: General Plasma & LCD discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    And yes, I did own a Porsche hence my statement that they're rubbish and no, it wasn't the 924....
    So you have actually touched one!

Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

Generally sales vloumes do speak about how good a product is. Granted, you could get better at a premium price but why if you can get something that does the same job for less?

I disagree.

And yes, I did own a Porsche hence my statement that they're rubbish and no, it wasn't the 924....
    ... hence I said I'm sure had a basis and asked the model?

But don't stress ; we'll agree to disagree here too
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    Why don't you reprimand your old pal Dolby when he goes off topic first? Ah, only PP can be the instigator when you're a LCD fanboi...

I don't blame my wording, I blame your lack of comprehension to be honest. Please, point out when ever I am too ambiguous for you to handle. I think if you actually look at my posts, and maybe took the time to read them twice instead of jumping to inaccurate conclusions, maybe you would understand that I actually word my posts pretty damn well compared to most other forumites.

Or wait. Perhaps you are interpreting my humorous posts as facts? You know, the ones with smileys in them? You do know that when there are smileys, you don't really take them as serious, right?

*sigh* Maybe I've been foruming for too long.
    I'm not reprimanding anyone, and you've been quoted numerous times indicating where you've gone and said your plasma your str500 and everything is the bestest ever without smilies. Also Dolby isn't derailing the thread he is trying to bring it back to it's roots, General LCD and Plasma discussions, notice there is LCD in there too. It's also not a lack of comprehension on my part, it's a lack of you actually reading OP requests and taking the time to realise that plasma and LCD are personal choices, you've had your plasma for a little while now and your happy with it bully for you. But if people come on here and ask advice on say an LCD, don't go well this R5600 Plasma whips that R12 000 LCD no worries...
    Yes I know you love your TV and your sound choice but really? Plug it elsewhere or otherwise it starts sounding like you are justifying it to yourself on why you bought it. Perhaps that Maranatz amp you heard the other day is making you go I like my STR-500 it was value for money, same as your TV you caught a glimpse of that LCD costing R6000 and it didn't look as bad as you think and you run home and go I don't need Full HD and Plasma is awesome?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I disagree.
    Of course you do, this is what this is all about no? Other people and their incorrect opinions...

Of course you do, this is what this is all about no? Other people and their incorrect opinions...
    Other people and their OPINIONS and CHOICES, actually.

I don't believe the only answer to a question is plasma, Sony or PS3.

That's what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
    I'm not reprimanding anyone, and you've been quoted numerous times indicating where you've gone and said your plasma your str500 and everything is the bestest ever without smilies.
    Dude, it's all relative to budget. Are you honestly not intelligent enough to know this? I've always included that it was relative to my budget. If you think I am wrong, please show me something that suits my needs better than my PS42C450 (R6,000) and my Sony STR-500 (R3,999). I challenge you! You must really think I am a complete fool if you think I was saying that my setup is better than setups in the tens of thousands of Rands figures. To be honest, if you ever thought this, the lack of intelligence would be on your part.

Also Dolby isn't derailing the thread he is trying to bring it back to it's roots, General LCD and Plasma discussions, notice there is LCD in there too.
    What did I say that makes you think I don't think this?

It's also not a lack of comprehension on my part, it's a lack of you actually reading OP requests and taking the time to realise that plasma and LCD are personal choices, you've had your plasma for a little while now and your happy with it bully for you. But if people come on here and ask advice on say an LCD, don't go well this R5600 Plasma whips that R12 000 LCD no worries...
    Please quote me where I have said this. If you are right, you will be able to provide quotes.

I guarantee you that anyone who sits on the fence will tell you that I recommend LCD when it suits the purpose of the OP, and plasma when it suits the purpose of the OP.

You clearly don't understand the effect that misinformation about plasmas has on potential buyers. If the OP comes to us and says; "I have Rx amount of money; and I want it for TV and sport; and I want LED/LCD because plasmas burn-in, use way more power, and have low lifespan"; do you think I am going to still advise him on LCD when his ideas of plasmas are totally incorrect BS?! NO! That would be lying to the OP!

Yes I know you love your TV and your sound choice but really? Plug it elsewhere or otherwise it starts sounding like you are justifying it to yourself on why you bought it. Perhaps that Maranatz amp you heard the other day is making you go I like my STR-500 it was value for money, same as your TV you caught a glimpse of that LCD costing R6000 and it didn't look as bad as you think and you run home and go I don't need Full HD and Plasma is awesome?
    Yes I love them, but what you are saying is that I am so stupid that I don't think it's possible to better my setup.

I have absolutely no need to justify my purchases, because I know for fact they were the best bang possible for my budget!

I have no idea about the example you are giving at the end of your post, if you really think it's worthwhile, then please explain clearer.

Man, it's like every 2 weeks you bring up the same old stories and I always have to prove you wrong with the same old replies. You know I have a high tolerance/patience level to forum discussions, are you not getting tired of it?
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Other people and their OPINIONS and CHOICES, actually.

I don't believe the only answer to a question is plasma, Sony or PS3.

That's what this is about.
    Who does?!

I'll answer: Only people you've dreamt into reality!

Dolby vs Dolby...
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Dude, it's all relative to budget. Are you honestly not intelligent enough to know this? I've always included that it was relative to my budget. If you think I am wrong, please show me something that suits my needs better than my PS42C450 (R6,000) and my Sony STR-500 (R3,999). I challenge you!

You callenged me as well - and I came up with a solution in the price range?
    Unfortunatley you said it was a joke and coouldn't come up with any more

I could also show you when you said plasma killed LCDs costing two or three times as much - so can we can compare to mine or TYRs?

You must really think I am a complete fool if you think I was saying that my setup is better than setups in the tens of thousands of Rands figures. To be honest, if you ever thought this, the lack of intelligence would be on your part.
    Actually no.

The way you speak, you do that give that impression. I was close to trading my R20,000.00 LCD because I thought - based on your comments - that your system was years ahead of mine. As everything sound related is the same, I thought I'd save cash and just buy a Sony and have a system rivalling my neighbours R100,000.00 system

You callenged me as well - and I came up with a solution in the price range?
    Unfortunatley you said it was a joke and coouldn't come up with any more
    Please prove how your solution was better? I said something that suits my needs better.

You really thing a R5,000 satellite/sub system would better a R5,000 floorstanding speaker/sub system? I would have to hear it to believe it. Didn't we even go into specs proving the floorstanders would blow the satellites out of the water? Besides the fact that they are full range?!

I could also show you when you said plasma killed LCDs costing two or three times as much - so can we can compare to mine or TYRs?
    No, the way you type that implies I said it would beat all LCDs at that price! I said many LCDs, not all, and I said at SD TV/sport as well. My, 4 months later and you still have the incorrect impression, after I cleared it up dosens of times. I am wowed.

The way you speak, you do that give that impression. I was close to trading my R20,000.00 LCD because I thought - based on your comments - that your system was years ahead of mine. As everything sound related is the same, I thought I'd save cash and just buy a Sony and have a system rivalling my neighbours R100,000.00 system
    Now you're just being silly and exaggerative. No need to debate further if you're getting silly.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Can I ask a question? What is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMarts View Post
    Can I ask a question? What is the point of this thread?
    To separate general discussions from the LCD/plasma bargains thread.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

To separate general discussions from the LCD/plasma bargains thread.
    Ok. It seemed to start off well then became rather lopsided quite a few pages ago imo. Still interesting to follow though.

And for a budget of R10,000, nothing beats my PS42C450 / STR-500 setup
    You're welcome to prove me wrong by showing me better value for money for R10,000
    http://www.makro.co.za/p/31658/sinot...ull-hd-lcd-tv/ (R5,999.00)
    http://www.makro.co.za/p/33285/samsu...re-system-kit/ (R3,499.00)

Apart from saving R500.00 - get get Full HD, 5 year guarantee, Blu RAy, iPod docking station ...
    Haha, what a joke!
    :/

Didn't we even go into specs proving the floorstanders would blow the satellites out of the water? Besides the fact that they are full range?!
    *sigh*

It's fsck all to do with fullrange.

Still a size thing, eh?
    Just because it has a big, produced veneered casing means it's better than anything smaller?
    Nothing to do with price?

So to be clearer - are you compareing SIZE (dimensions) or PRICE?

We went into specs showing the Sony subwoofer was equivilant to the Z2300 subwoofer. It's not bad though ...

*sigh*

It's fsck all to do with fullrange.

Still a size thing, eh?
    Just because it has a big, produced veneered casing means it's better than anything smaller?
    Nothing to do with price?

So to be clearer - are you compareing SIZE (dimensions) or PRICE?

We went into specs showing the Sony subwoofer was equivilant to the Z2300 subwoofer. It's not bad though ...
    No. It has to do with separate drivers producing better sound. I refer you to Grim's question asking why do they still produce floorstanders/bookshelves if micro satellites are as good? Anyway, I don't really care since you said yourself that floorstanders/bookshelves are "slightly" better (understatement IMO).

And your Sinotech suggestion is a "joke" because it'll be hopeless at displaying SD TV and sport. And I bet you the STR-500 sounds better than that all-in-one junk.

Anyway, have a good weekend all! Time to get crunk.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415162262 ... LastLast