Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1452

Thread: General Plasma & LCD discussions

  1. #31
    Super Grandmaster Grimspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JHB North
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    Nope. Honest as truth.

    Logos, score/info bars, black letterbox bars... Nada.
    Interesting.

    Edit: Try running Cbeebies for an hour and then see? Would be surprised if you get zero IR.

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster PostmanPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Dolby has done it ...

    And btw - when are one of you going to accept my offer of seeing that brand new R50,000.00 plasma with burn in?

    Was quite funny saying to my parents 'guys - I've been told that plasma are in a different league now ... take a look at this plasma - what do you think?' and getting the reply 'wtf is that on the screen?' I'll take the LED, please' ...

    And no, it was old .... it wasn't cheap .... it was a very decent brand
    Why would I deny that a R50,000 plasma would get burn-in? Price does not matter, [unattended to] IR/burn-in is the nature of plasma technology. More so than CRT/LCD which can also burn-in.

    Ignorance is bliss. Not even going to bet that you didn't give them the reasons it had burn-in. It was obviously abused. Therefore they made an unfair judgement, fuelled by your keeping information from them due to your zealous LCD/LED-backlit LCD bias.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

  3. #33
    Super Grandmaster Grimspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JHB North
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    Why would I deny that a R50,000 plasma would get burn-in? Price does not matter, [unattended to] IR/burn-in is the nature of plasma technology. More so than CRT/LCD which can also burn-in.

    Ignorance is bliss. Not even going to bet that you didn't give them the reasons it had burn-in. It was obviously abused. Therefore they made an unfair judgement, fuelled by your keeping information from them due to your zealous LCD/LED-backlit LCD bias.
    +1 - Price is irrelevant here.

    And yes clearly this panel was abused. So no **** it has burn in

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
    I can totally get that, it is a shop demo, no wonder there is IR. You don't run your home TV 9 hours a day on the same channel now do you?
    ... another limit?

    Look - I'm not going to argue again.

    I had a plasma and although I did enjoy the picture, the IR annoyed me. I was swayed by guys coming on here and telling me it was non existanent as well. When I complained, I was told that no ones else does it and I have a crap panel, TV, engine and every other reason.

    Fact is - I like watching a TV without limits ... there's no need to activate features to protect, stop things 2 hours down the line, worry about falling asleep, worry about a contrast issue and everything else. I've got that now.

    Where I will agree with you plasma folk, is at the lower end of the market the plasma is a better buy than teh LCD. If you're going R15,000+ - the gap narrows hugely with LCD coming ahead in many areas - including the old 'black level' debate.

    Ask thought with mid-high end LCD/LED what they think?
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  5. #35

    Default

    PP - your entire argument for the last few months is on price ... everytime you type something, it's got to do with price of panels.
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  6. #36
    Super Grandmaster Grimspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JHB North
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    ... another limit?

    Look - I'm not going to argue again.

    I had a plasma and although I did enjoy the picture, the IR annoyed me. I was swayed by guys coming on here and telling me it was non existanent as well. When I complained, I was told that no ones else does it and I have a crap panel, TV, engine and every other reason.

    Fact is - I like watching a TV without limits ... there's no need to activate features to protect, stop things 2 hours down the line, worry about falling asleep, worry about a contrast issue and everything else. I've got that now.

    Where I will agree with you plasma folk, is at the lower end of the market the plasma is a better buy than teh LCD. If you're going R15,000+ - the gap narrows hugely with LCD coming ahead in many areas - including the old 'black level' debate.

    Ask thought with mid-high end LCD/LED what they think?

    Fair enough, you have very valid points. Watching with limitations is a bit of a pain in bum, but I guess that is the price you pay for having a massive TV with great picture @ a reasonable price.

    I actually have both a LCD and Plasma so I can react fairly neutrally. Both are great. Personally I am not a fanboi of either.

  7. #37
    Super Grandmaster PostmanPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimspoon View Post
    Interesting.

    Edit: Try running Cbeebies for an hour and then see? Would be surprised if you get zero IR.
    To be honest I'd rather not.

    I'm happy to accept that the Cbeebies logo would probably cause IR.

    To be honest I'd probably put Discovery on for the little rugrats in any case.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

  8. #38
    Super Grandmaster PostmanPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    PP - your entire argument for the last few months is on price ... everytime you type something, it's got to do with price of panels.
    And your point is...?
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

  9. #39

    Default

    So price is relevant when you want?

    Price mentioned as the inevitable 'it's cheap! it's a junk no name from china!' would come up -as had been done in the past.
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  10. #40
    Super Grandmaster PostmanPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    So price is relevant when you want?

    Price mentioned as the inevitable 'it's cheap! it's a junk no name from china!' would come up -as had been done in the past.
    You have me lost. Not quite sure what you are saying.

    Grimspoon, could you maybe help out please?
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

  11. #41

    Default

    What is your 1st language at home?

    I can get someone to tranlate if you'd like?
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  12. #42
    Super Grandmaster PostmanPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    26,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    What is your 1st language at home?

    I can get someone to tranlate if you'd like?
    Legible, gramatically-correct English.

    I'm hoping Grim can tranlate.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap computer parts

  13. #43

    Default

    Right.

    You're getting off topic here ...

    I think we agreed to leave this thread alone?
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster Grimspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JHB North
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    wow I am also kinda lost here.

    Dolby, I would say price is very relevant when it comes these discussions. I don't think PP was brushing aside the price of the Panasonic you say has burn in, the fact of the matter is that any plasma irrespective of price will suffer burn in if abused.

    Personally price is very relevant when look at the 2 technologies. Plasma I personally think gives far more bang for your buck. LCD's are horrifically overpriced as you get bigger and bigger.

    Not to mention people that are in the market for a new TV, are almost always price sensitive, so highlighting the pricing is pretty important I would say.

  15. #45
    Super Grandmaster Grimspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JHB North
    Posts
    8,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Right.

    You're getting off topic here ...

    I think we agreed to leave this thread alone?

    +1 , why can't we all just be friends

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123 45671353 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •